1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Novels To Read

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by tarotmaniac, Jul 24, 2010.

1. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Please do, I have 28 of Terry Practchett's books (still lacking quite a bit) you cannot go wrong with Discworld and if you really get into them you will have a better understanding of my avatar.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

For SciFi. I'd have to go with the Icerigger Trilogy.
    About the only good series that I've liked of Alan Dean Foster's. :p

Another good book is the Sphere by Michael Crichton.

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Foundation isn't a trilogy. Hasn't been for a long time. The four canonical books are Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation and Foundation's Edge. I read the prequel, Forward the Foundation, recently. Iirc there are two more, "Prelude to Foundation" and "Foundation and Earth".

4. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

My mistake. I heard about the series, and found an older book with the first three in it.

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Makes sense, any book published before 1985 won't include Edge iirc.

6. Tayten

Tayten New Member

Read the series A Song of Ice and Fire, they are really awesome fantasy novels.

7. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

a good book i recommend to anybody is mogworld by Ben yahtzee Crowshaw

its really good and very funny

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I found 'shadowmancer' by G.P. Taylor pretty good, despite the christian religious themes in it. its a bit fantasy set in the real world, and I happen to know the area its set in very well. They were making a movie adaption of it some years ago because I watched the filming while on holiday in the area, but I don't know what happened because it seems the movie never got completed.

a couple of other good fantasy series to read are the edge chronicles by paul stewart and chris riddle, and the 'old kingdom' series by garth nix.

9. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I read a great novel about a serial killer once but... it is in Dutch.
    If you can read Dutch, the books of "Aspe" are quite nice.