1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No PS2 roms?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DonCreek, Apr 24, 2008.

1. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

Please take it! I'm v generous, I'm not very rich but wealthy enough to help ppl IF i want :) so let's arrange something.

2. DonCreek

DonCreek Well-Known Member

wow :eek: thats cool of you...

i got your point...well...thats a problem...may be we'll just wait until they just finish creating the PS4 (if there really is)...and send the PS2 and its ISOs to the history...

3. I know you can play ps2 isos on the original modded ps2's, but they should wait for a better emulator

4. DonCreek

i know that...but there is this ps2 emulator on the that allows you to play many ps2 games...i started playing AC2...but it takes too much of the RAM...

5. also that, a lot of computers still cant even run epsxe, so making a ps2 emulator isn't exactly rush rush

6. ultra

ultra Guest

did you try god of war 1,2 or metal gear solid 2,3?!

everyone is thinking of other file hosting like using megaupload or rapidshare. but the problem with that is that always have some person who doesn't want to wait and tag the link. the link is killed and you'll need to reup which takes another of your time. this is then repeated again until you go nuts and realize it's not worth it.

besides, you have a netflix for games and you pay 20-30 a month and it'll be cheaper and faster then downloading.

7. cymaga

cymaga Member

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet because of the Nintendo DS roms hosted here, with the DS being a more recent system than the PS2.

8. DonCreek

well as of now,there is a lot of configuration for epsxe that makes it to work fast on the computer...but i think this will be the year of the ps2 emulators :)

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes the DS is newer, but PS2 games are BIGGER. DS games are around 32MB each with 128MB being nearly max except that 200MB game. The newer PS2 games can be more than 7 GB or so. God Of War 2 is about 8GB.

10. DonCreek

thats why,it will force everybody to buy more points than ever in order to download their favorite ps2 games...

but we must consider the ISOs that must be uploaded (and all the decisions are for the MOds and the Almighty)

11. hmm....how long do you think it'll take until a good ps2 emulator is made?

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

months... years... who knows.

13. DonCreek

the PCSX2 is a good emulator nowadays...it plays many commercial games...but it eats a lot of your memory...but still if you afford a nice memory,its not a problem at all ;)

14. videodrome

videodrome New Member

Fixed.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

and how about the amount it costs us to host them? We'd need another 10 TB of disk space at least.

16. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

1. cost of bandwidth
    2. size of the games
    3. uploading games
    4. downloading games
    5. playing them in an emulator with crappy computer
    6. lawsuits

the list could go on you know... >.<

17. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

1. As for bandwidth, you can use a different method of sharing...

2. You could start a collection with the most popular ones. 250 games x avg. 4gb = 1TB (2TB mirrored). By the time you want the less popular games, you're a year further, meaning hdd capacity is cheaper again.

3. Don't worry, some parts of the world (eg. universities) have 100mbit to the internet or even server.

4. Looking at demand, people would download 4gb easily.

5. PCSX2 is the best I know of. Then again NDS emulation isn't good either, and that is popular as well. Not sure, but can't you burn PS2 games and play them on your console?

6. I don't think that will make a difference when considering the current site.

I don't know a good source for ps2 roms. Is there a goodps2 list or something? Or a list with numbers like the NDS?

18. atmizi69

atmizi69 Well-Known Member

too much bandwidth involved in hosting such roms...and who in their right mind would download 4Gbs of data? unless you have a super high speed connection then it's okay. it would be much better to buy pirated PS2 games, it's not expensive in Malaysia...around RM5 per game...

19. santaboy123

santaboy123 Member

I think i know where to get ps2 games. Go to *link removed* and search whater ever game u want. Sorry if im breaking any rules

20. Girogex

Girogex Guest

if you want ps2 roms download them from torrents.