1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No more Guitar/DJ Hero?!

Discussion in 'General News' started by Lea-Gamer, Feb 12, 2011.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Gee Im really oout of it, better than guitars 3-4 at a time as it seemed....

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The thing is with the Pokemon games is that they're two versions of literally the same game. And a lot of mechanics in the background are tweaked and changed in mostly every generation.

While Guitar Hero games were moreso just track packs. Around the release of GH5, there was around 6 other GH games released that year. While it was different songs, it was still the same damn game to it's core mechanics. Not only that, each game in the series after Rock Band, road the coat tails of Rock Band by adding a lot of it's features into it's series and barely adding anything to the genre (in fact, the only thing they actually did new and stuck was Party mode in GH5). Music games can't survive off of being a series, there's only so much you can do with it's gameplay mechanics. The best option apparently, is to make it a music game platform, which is what Rock Band did. All of the Rock Band 'track packs' can actually be downloaded to work with the main games in the series (minus The Beatles), while Guitar Hero really didn't do this, and when it did, it wasn't very good.

I'm not even a big Pokemon fan but seriously, the games each gen change, especially a lot more than GH or RB. Pokemon offers new worlds, new Pokemon, and new little extras. Along with the running in the background mechanics like stats and status effects changing from the generation (this is prevalent from the first to second gen and it goes on). Each game is the same with the same core gameplay mechanics, catching them all. With new monsters, this can go on while still being new and addicting. tl;dr

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Guitar Hero ...dead???!! ..

Damn, I have always had a knack on playing it... I had played almost all' of em, even the ones on DS...
    This is not so great, well obviously they were doing great from business point of view but all of a sudden, its one hell of a move..!
    Facebook apps are stupid and moreover, blatantly stupid... nothing can match guitar hero's standards..!

Sorry for getting too hyper.. on this..! it's like Guitar Hero is one of the games that's closest to me .. so I must have have overreacted..! but still the news could be crosschecked whether they really are packing up the series...

Anyways, its still not the end of musical genre games... there will always be Rockband.. I suppose.. :)

4. Aliie

Aliie Member

I really dont care for DJ hero very much.. never actually played it but guitar hero on the other hand I loved it and played it from the very start it came out. I have about almost every guitar hero on playstation 2 and I never get tired of playing them over and over again. Its quite disappointing that they chosen to stop making these games. Im gonna miss em

Farewell Guitar Hero

5. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

It is very true that guitar hero is one of those games thats addictive and you feel that you are aquiring a skill when progressing through levels. It would be better if they did something along the lines of suis's idea

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Once you hit the Expert level and are able to five star all but three or four songs, or don't want to play the songs because they blow, the game loses some novelty. Rock Band has had one hell of an online store for awhile, and that is easily the best way to maintain interest. Don't like what they put in there? Hit the track store and buy 10 or 15 songs you do want to play. It beats playing yet another obscure song that doesn't even really stand out in any possible way.

7. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I didn't like the game series. Okay, it was cool for a while but it got the 'Pokémon-syndrom' (I call it that so STFU) always the same and rarely something new.

I dislike games or part of games which have fast button mashing because they broke some consoles (like the shoulder buttons on my ds lite) of me.

But some of my friends liked it and I don't mind for me that the series ends but some people will go in a nerd rage.

8. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Well, what with Activision having CoD and competing with Rock Band..