1. This forum is in read-only mode.

"No iPhones, iPods at Bill Gates's house" yahoo.com

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

loony is a very technical guy. for him to like something it needs to have complexity, while something simple will annoy him. this is how the world works. if you compare gamers for instance, one would say the wii is simple while others will say it is sophication. the same goes with the iphone. iphone is a smart phone and apple dumbed it down and now look at all those phones that copy it [verizon phone i believe].

btw, i mean no insult to you loony or anyone who may follow this idealogy because we all follow it and we don't even know it until we sit down and analyze it.

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

After reading this a couple times I realized that I'm inclined to give about 8,000 consecutive high-fives to loony, but only because you're being so damn ignorant, Usoppu. Look at things from an ethereal perspective, not from a "nigga what I got is better than what you got" personality, and realize how insignificant your silly flaunting of Apple-released statistics truly is. Your iPod is a rip off in a market targeted towards a demographic of hipster teens. You like your mp3 player because it's the NME of your culture. There's better devices out there.

Also, the Zune > Zen > iPod in terms of interface. I can't place iRiver in this because I haven't used one. I know you haven't either, but I'll leave the baseless assumptions up to you. :)

3. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

thats your screwed up opinion

if want get all SERIOUS about this fine.

i couldn't care less on the other hand.....

4. ultra

ultra Guest

how do you think it got like that? this is classic thinking by void. it's not because of young people [young hipsters as said by void], old people use the ipod and iphone itself and they like the thing. so it isn't simply a young age thing.

it's not about the quality, it's about the usability [in broad terms]. if it was about quality, then most of us would buy sports cars with leather seatings and all those expensive stuff but we don't. if it was about quality most of us would buy a dual socket quad core cpu for out pcs' but we don't.

why do you think wii is successful then compared to the ps3/360? usability, the wii is applicable to everyone then compared to the 360/ps3.

5. googolplex1234

googolplex1234 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by usablity? I have been looking at the features of Zunes and iPods and the Zune seems to do more than the iPod.

I may have just misunderstood what you were trying to say. :(

6. ultra

ultra Guest

the comparison of the iriver h320 and the ipod i made. having the display of the bitrate and all those other things aren't necessary things to have in an interface. it is not a selling point and therefore not necessary to have. for some yes it does matter but for some it doesn't. and guess what, most people don't care.

i can't explain certain things because it's hard trying to explain 10 things all at once and putting it in a linear form. i think i'm going to stop because i too will be under attack.

7. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Man your opinion is whack bro man. Christ, it's like you took a break from surfing to tell me this. :p

I'm a classic sort of guy. And, actually, my friend wrote an AP psychology essay about the growth, success, and trend of Apple iPods and concluded with a fairly in depth social explanation of why people own one. He owns one himself, mind you, but it's not cause they're the best players on the market, I can assure you.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would have put it down to apple's aggressive marketing myself.

9. ultra

ultra Guest

is it possible for me to get that essay and read it. i'd like to see his insight and thought about it. it should be an interesting read. it isn't sarcasm.

10. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

well i suppose thats gospel then ::)

your opinion of ipods doesn't consern me, but the fact you want to attack me displaying mine does however.

i don't see you view as 'classic' more like 'ignorant' yourself

because of the NME of my culture, don't make me laugh.

11. Void

Void Well-Known Member

It'll be kind of awkward, but I'll ask him for it tomorrow if I see him on. I'll PM it to you if I can get my hands on it.

12. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

void ignore my pevious posts, i may of been acting a bit retard like ::)

in the end people are gonna say they prefer the the player they own, and whatever reason they got it could be down to many things.....

if you get the article let me know too, (if you like) :)

boy this threads gone offtopic

13. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

My Samsung E900 is better then an iPhone
    My 40 euro media player is better then an iPod

14. Nintendude92

Nintendude92 Well-Known Member

DS. Moonshell. (sakura built in) Good headphones.

It gets the job done. I've never bought one of these media players anyway.

Anyway, if it were me, I would only be disappointed if my parents banned it over mere preference. Since he banned it because of it being a competing product, I respect that and go back to enjoying the other millions of things I can enjoy with gates' riches. I don't think it should be some sort of big news.

edit: omg rank-up handheld gamer

15. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I have the same setup. It's like a gaming/ music paradise.

16. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Agreed, Apple just has the best PR for their products, its the most widely recgonized name in these type of products. Just like certain "designer" purses, shoes, and clothes.

17. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

let me tell you, in no sheep.

Probally the only reason i wanted an ipod at the time was because of disk size, NOT because i some people using and thought 'wow that looks cool'

18. ultra

ultra Guest

i'm a sheep myself at times. loony is a sheep himself. he just doesn't know it yet until the end of what i'm about to say.

i've never met loony nor the other administrators, moderators and members of this site. but i can assure you that most of you, maybe all [could be less could be more] are sheeps'. most of us are wearing branded clothing such as nike, ambercombie finch, etc.... and we all have our reasons for buying them. but what is the "real" reason for buying them? to fit in and that is an act of the herd.

lastly, to prove loony is a sheep, the very act of what he did, mentioning that usoppu is possibly a sheep and why he bought the ipod, is an act of the herd.

btw, i have nothing against you loony, nor the staff and members so please don't take it as an offense. i'm not taking sides, just point out the outside world.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually since having an ipod is being a sheep, I'm one of the apparent minority that doesn't have one and don't think they're awesome, so pointing out that people that have them are sheep doesn't make me one, since at all times I'm in the minority. You're only a sheep when you're in with the majority.

and no, I don't wear branded clothing either.

20. ultra

ultra Guest

forget i ever wrote anything because i dont' want to explain. but let me just say, no hard feelings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.