1. This forum is in read-only mode.

"No iPhones, iPods at Bill Gates's house" yahoo.com

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I can put a 120GB hard disk in it if I feel like it, or even a 240GB if I really wanted to.

2. googolplex1234

googolplex1234 Well-Known Member

I don't feel bad for Bill Gates' kids. I doubt anyone will make fun of them for not having an iPod.
    Seriously, if you are Bill Gates' kid, people would want to be your friend, not tease you for not having a certain MP3 player. ::)

I use a Zune and I personally prefer it over the iPod.

3. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

why void your warranty

the zunes interface is geeky

4. googolplex1234

Explain please. :-\

5. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

which is more ugly
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I pod STILL wins

6. googolplex1234

I think the one where half of the screen is taken up by an analog clock is a bit displeasing to the eye. :-\

In my opinion, none of them have bad interfaces, I just like the Zune's interface more.

7. Loonylion

Since it was released in 2004 and is now discontinued, it isn't under warranty. The battery still lasts 16 hours despite being 4 years old, and when it does eventually wear out it's user replacable. Unlike the iFail.

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

my Ipod batterry life

audio: 40
    video: 7

Igod wins

9. Loonylion

Maybe it is NOW, but I guarantee it won't be in 4 years time. And you can't replace it. Plus my external battery gives me another 32 hours per set of 4 AA batteries, so FAIL.

10. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

ummm in four years time i'll probally have another player, plus i hate using damn batteries even the rechargable kind. so no FAIL :p

11. Loonylion

still FAIL because my internal battery is still good after 4 years.

12. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

it will probally die soon in the form of a system shut down which means you can't replace it

and googolplex1234 music and video thumbnails appear there when highlighted so i'd say thats better

13. Loonylion

lithium polymer batteries don't suddenly die, they degrade slowly. It doesn't matter anyway because I can just put a new one in so there.

14. googolplex1234

The Zune also has album art thumbnails and video thumbnails.

The Zune Pass is also a great feature. The Zune, as I see, it is better in all aspects.
    It has radio, you can download songs directly to the Zune, and you can tag songs fro the radio to download.

I see no reason to buy an iPod.

15. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

you can get radio on ipod you know http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MA070G/D?mco=MzE3MDAxNg

but price wise its a joke :-\

16. ultra

ultra Guest

it's not always about the quality but the usability or what works for the person [customer].
    the ipod interface is still superior then the h320.
    here's a review of the h320
    [ http://www.itwriting.com/iriverh320.php ]
    [ http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/iriver-h320-20gb/4505-6490_7-31120667.html ]

it is great that the h320 displays color, but remember, usability. the ipod didn't need colors as listening to music only required you to listen and color only plays a role in multimedia features. the fact that the original ipod was black and white was fine.

why does the ipod have a better interface? because it's clean. it's great that the h320 show the bitrate, frequency, etc.... when listening to your music. but guess what, those things don't matter because the focus of music is to enjoy the songs, lyrics, etc.... and not about having to see those data stats.

also, the h320 as mentioned by several people, has an awkward navigation system. look at those buttons on the h320 and compare them to the ipods control system.

please note loony and any other debaters or commentators, i'm making a reference for the music part of these devices only. i could make arguements for the other functions but you should do the research, not me. lastly, i'm not saying the h320 sucks. i'm simply showcasing the differences between the two devices in an arguementive form.

added,
    usoppu brings a good point, "in four years time i'll probally have another player". people seem to have a tendency of replacing or upgrading things just for the sake of it. look at dvd players, after a certain year you eventually buy a new one even though the one at home is good enough. so the fact that his ipod battery will last him just about 4 years is fine.

17. Loonylion

I don't find the h320 interface awkward, and when I had to use my friends ipod I found that interface extremely annoying.

18. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

ipods interface is soo simple, your friends must have been broken ;D

19. Loonylion

I didn't say difficult, I said annoying. and no, it wasn't broken

20. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

then i meant slick not simple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.