1. This forum is in read-only mode.

"No iPhones, iPods at Bill Gates's house" yahoo.com

Discussion in 'General News' started by ultra, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra

ultra Guest

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/40926

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

That's honestly just cruel to his children, if they want an iphone then let them have one and improve the damn Zune instead of forcing it upon them...

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I think he needs to stop being his own brand of elitist.

4. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

he will never surpass the ipod no matter how hard he tries

what an embarrassment for his kids :-[

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not really surprising.

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

I bet he doesnt allow Wii and PS3 in his house as well.

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Ouch, that sucks.

8. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Well, that, for me, is totally right of him to ban those products, why?

Because, for example you are cooking dinner, you are proud of that because you made it and worked hard for it, then those people who are supposed to eat that dinner, ordered out KFC, Pizzahut or whatever delivery food, what would you feel? If that was me, i would be hurt and unappreciated.

Thats like Bill Gates, he supposedly made Microsoft, even if some said he stole it, he used the money earned from his company to feed, housed and nurture his family, and his family will buy products from a competing company. His family is supposed to return his kindness by using his products and stuff.

Also, Bill Gates said, those products are banned in his house, right? His family are billionaires, they could put those products not in Bill's house but in their own houses. lol

9. Void

Void Well-Known Member

You make it sound like iPods are reliable and priced reasonably. Fourth and Fifth generation iPods are the only ones worth having. Trust me, I've fucked with a lot of iPods in my life and I prefer my sister's Zune over all of the recent ones. I would love my Creative Zen if it didn't die in less than a year like the piece of shit it was. Goodbye, 60GB of media, much of which wasn't backed up due to a small HDD.

10. Loonylion

iriver H320 for the win.

11. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

i've had no probs with my 160gb one brought since last year, so sorry geeky zune your just no match :p

12. Void

Void Well-Known Member

If I remember right they didn't offer players with large enough memory for me, although that may have changed by now. Then again, I could be thinking of something else entirely.

Eh, so it hasn't died. Neither has my sister's Zune. The only difference is that you paid way too much for yours. Of course, Zunes aren't cheap either. :p

13. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

no, since i got as a present :p

iv'e kept tonnes of music, movies and crap on it since

and no, i haven't spent a dime on the crappy itunes store

i use a good video converter.

14. Loonylion

the H3 series goes up to 40GB officially, (20GB and 40GB models) however its possible to replace the hard disk with a higher capacity one

15. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Ah, well 40GB is sufficient. The crappy English on their site is a bit of a turn-off though. What in God's name is a gallary? :p

16. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

I don't find it surprising and I don't feel sorry to his children because if I was him I would do the same, and probably most of you would too.  I don't blame him for doing this as Steve Jobbs would probly want his children to use Apple products.  Why would he want his OWN children to be using an apple product in front of his face OVER HIS OWN COMPANY, no parent wants to see that. Thats basiclly showing that the rival makes better products then dad.

17. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

thats my same point of view. but with all that money, how will Bill Gates now if his son and daughters will use those products? that x-ray of his? lol

18. ahkit2311

ahkit2311 New Member

that is not surprising but i think his son is so unluckly

19. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

Yeah, it must suck so bad to be the son of one of the world's richest people...

20. Loonylion

I don't see why anyone would want an ipod or an iphone unless they're a sheep (i.e they follow the crowd). There's much better devices in both fields.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.