1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[No$Gba] Shin Megami Tensei : Strange Journey (U) Fix ::.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by meganova, Mar 24, 2010.

1. whitesnow

whitesnow Active Member

Hmm.. Maybe I'm one of the unlucky ones for Strange Journey. I tried Devil Survivor and so far I haven't encountered any problems with saving unlike what some people have reported needing to save in Eeprom - 64 kbit (8KByte) (but I'm not sure since I've only played until beginning of Day 1)

I got my eNDryptS Advanced from http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm for you guys information if that makes any difference. I immediately tried saving the first opportunity I got. But it wouldn't let me, it says save failed.

2. ledrif

ledrif New Member

The first time I played the game I saved in slot 1 as soon as I could, closed the emulator loaded it up, and it worked fine. As I played the game I was saving in save slot 2, and when I was about to get off (2nd floor of the first map) I saved in slot 2, and tried to load slot 1 to check out the names of other suit types from the quiz question stuff. It said it was corrupted and deleted both.

This time through I have saved/gameovered/loaded numerous times only using save slot 1 and am most of the way through act 3.

Im not sure if its random, or if using or going between both save slots is the issue however im not willing to tempt damaging my save files :). It could even be so specific as trying to load to a certain square, or saving at a certain square.

-I Use No$ with zoomer.

3. Golden890

Golden890 Member

Heh.... ummmm... I'm really not smart with this sort of thing. I'm having this problem on my SMT: Strange Journey (U) on my TTDS. I don't think I use No$gba, whatever it is. I really need a fix though because I played it for about an hour without saving and now I'm hooked.

4. ledrif

ledrif New Member

no$gba is a computer emulator that lets you play GBA/DS/(normal GB too??) roms on the computer, using a mouse instead of the pen thingy.

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Don't know if it might help but....
    I get my no$gba from here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0tmrvozm0gm

It also has those BIOS files, and it's working fine for me so far.
    Might help.

6. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I do the "force save" of no$zoomer... haven't gotten any problems yet...

Annoyed that I can't find Mitra's room though >.<"

7. gamma789

gamma789 Member

When I changed the reset/startup entrypoint to GBA(nintendo logo) it's crashes "NO$GBA FATAL"
    but If I don't changed it , seems work fine , it's okay not to change it?

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Yes, you only need to change it if you got save/load problem.

9. sheeps

sheeps Member

I'm running SMT:ST on desmume... seems to work fine (mostly due to save state i think)
    there are some graphical glitches when walking forward out in the 3D sectors... is it like this in no$gba too?
    just wondering if i should switch

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

No$gba has slight text issues that you can fix by activating the Ex 4 on no$zoomer.
    Other than that, not much graphical problem.

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Switch to OpenGL to fix most of the graphic problem, but at the expense of game speeds.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Oh, you need to deactivate Ex 0.
    And activate Ex 3 to gain some speed.

13. Kinpuppet

Kinpuppet New Member

Hey I acctually got mine to work by downloading
    WinDs Pro
    it works really well and is easy to use,
    the only problem i saw with it , is that your original No$gba will be useless
    but im keeping mine just in case
    but yeah it saved and everything
    even though i had the "save failed" problem before

14. sheeps

sheeps Member

@GalihEB
    @meganova

thanks for the info there! will try it out ASAP

15. hikashi

hikashi New Member

Wow, thnx it's really works

16. BitingJackal

BitingJackal New Member

Strayed by, figured I'd try it... Saved fine. Gonna see if the random encounters work tomorrow. Thanks much, GalihEB. X3

(Quoting's overrated... but necessary. >_>)

17. Acewing

Acewing Active Member

What is this "force save" you speak of >: and does it work for any game?!

18. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

I should test if SMT: SJ works for me or not... but that involves taking SS out of my DS... and I don't wanna...

What AP issues are people with R4i SDHC getting?

19. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I never know if the game has random encounter problem.
    Only saving problem.

20. chi_ka2

chi_ka2 New Member

I know I shouldn't be asking this here, but can someone help me, or direct me to another forum, to find the GBA.rom mentioned in the first post. I can't play Strange Journey without it.