1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No flashcarts for the DSi! *Important for current flashcart users!!!

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by cjdogger, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chucklehofft

Chucklehofft Member

I thought they stopped making R4 firmware updates.

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

They did, the new firmware isn't by the same group.

3. GhostFaceLoser

GhostFaceLoser Well-Known Member

is this true man **** the dsi then i'm sticking with my fatty ds!!

4. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

from gbatemp:Acekard flashcart working on DSi
    link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116332
    wow that was fast.but it will never work for normal Acekards as that was a lab one :(

5. kitsune_kage

kitsune_kage New Member

yeah... even if the ndsi is not compatible with any of the flashcarts as of now... i'll still buy the ndsi and use my nds lite to either test games or let my friends or family use the nds lite in any multiplayer gaming...

though i am upset at the news... they are just doing their job to fight piracy... if only nintendo had some kind of itunes thing to utilize that SD card of theres on the ndsi...

6. coalfire

coalfire New Member

They say that the CycloDS team has also managed to make their flashcard work on the DSi though it's still in the developing stages.

7. darksynyster

darksynyster Well-Known Member

It's true. On their website they have a preview video of them using the CycloDS card on the DSi to play some games.

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Good, good... I was thinking of getting a Cyclo to replace my R4 eventually :)

9. cactusjack901

cactusjack901 Member

see, and I've been contemplating a DSi... I guess this just means I have to get a CycloDS as well... but I don't wanna give up my Acekard 2.1....

10. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

All new games will be playable on ALL DS Systems. So said Nintendo Magazine: [N]Gamer.

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

This is about flashcarts working on DSi..

12. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

wtf
    http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/12/02/acekard-produces-first-dsi-flash-cart/
    >< it as a matter of time >>

13. gwydion01

gwydion01 Member

Really? Why are we all a) so surprised and b) thinking that this isn't a problem that won't eventually be solved. Remember when we were getting half hour crashes with ring of fates? Or black screens on any number of games? Or remember how Spore was supposed to be unhackable?

There will always be someone who will find a way, it is only a matter of time.

14. GreenBanana

GreenBanana Member

I have noticed an error in the quoted article in the first post in this thread. The aforementioned article erroneously lists the R4 DS and EZ Flash V as "popular" flash carts, and lists the M3 Simply and the M3 Real from which the M3 Sakura is thusly derived as "other" flash carts. In correction, the M3 Sakura is to be used since the latter half of 2008. Thank you.

15. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Since it doesn't seem posted that much and this was recently dumped I though I would throw in my few cents.
    Acekard 2i
    EZFlash Vi
    R4i
    TTDSi

They made a few strides, I'm playing Contact on my AK2i in my Black DSi right now. :)

16. captainbitter

captainbitter Well-Known Member

I doubt the DSi will be of much use to anyone. What it boils down to is, "Do you want to remove the GBA functionality off you DS so we can add a camera, slightly bigger (Insert obscene joke here) screen, and an SD card slot for about double the price of your current DS?"

No, I do not. I want better graphics, and developers who will stop shoe-horning touch screen functionality into games that are more comfortable with buttons. That's all.

Let's all just avoid the DSi as if it was labeled "Zune" or "N-Gage".

17. [Game|Freak]

[Game|Freak] Well-Known Member

I didn't know about carts for the DS when I bought mines it's usually after you buy it that you find out there is a cart for it. So same thing with the DSi just buy it and eventually there will be a cart for it. Anything is hackable because their is no ideal machine.

18. TwEeD

TwEeD New Member

Although I agree with you on most points I do think that the GBA functionality removal is a logical step. The GBA market has grinded to a halt (second-hand market excluded but that isn't a concern for them as it doesn't bring in fresh money) and the slot added a lot to the bulkiness. Also I applaud the bigger screen and certainly the better sound (Software such as the Korg-DS10 wil certainly get more usable that way and the music-creating market might grow a lot through this) but as you say what is the big incentive to pay more if they couldn't upgrade the power of the machine... Certainly if your losing out the rumble and extra ram functions

Camera? Gimmick... nice for kids but still...
    Downloads? From what've seen it's gonna be shovelware for some time, might get good in the long run though...

And the shortening of battery span isn't that good move either...

Atm I don't see a good reason to get the DSi when it is out, just hope they won't take ages to come with a decent succesor

19. aearlez

aearlez New Member

It does work on the Cyclo dS. LOOK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8aELyHydaU
    AND others like ACEKARD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33q1y0UN4cA

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there were no flashcarts for the DSi when this thread was created...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.