1. This forum is in read-only mode.

No flashcarts for the DSi! *Important for current flashcart users!!!

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by cjdogger, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yeah but he's cocky, I doubt he'll be able to do it...

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I won't be getting a DSi anytime soon. Like I was anyways. :p I've always stuck with my faithful DS Lite which I've been with for the last two years.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

It's called a firmware update, folks. Give it a couple days.

4. Nightroad

Nightroad Member

Does this even matter? If people can't be bothered with buying games then I'm pretty sure they can't be bothered with buying a new Handheld every time it comes out. What's not to love about the DS and DS Lite (I have both)?. The DSi doesn't have a GBA slot and if you ask me the camera is pretty gimmicky and pointless. Who doesn't have a camera phone these days? Even my 10 year old sister has a camera phone!

5. tori93

tori93 Active Member

just stick with with the original ds and the ds lite that we all love.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I think Nintendo may abandon the DSi in America, Europe and Australia and make a different handheld instead

7. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

i have the original model ds but i think il get the dsi just for the web browser and the online store

8. meminpanda

meminpanda Well-Known Member

yeah i have the old ds and same reason .. buying only for online store and web browser but i will keep my old fat ds!! xD maybe ill buy a ds lite later

9. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

like you've all said they'll find a way, in the mean time i'm gonna try to keep my DS Phat in as good condition as humanly possible (even though it's already quite damaged)
    as with this DSi pricing, i remember reading it's going to be around $180 US or something over here, so yeah... it's kind of expensive considering it's nothing TOO new ---
    camera-there's camera phones and actual cameras that are better
    browser-yeah like that's going to help, can't bypass school security with my limited knowledge
    most of all, no GBA slot, i still enjoy playing old style games

10. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Give it a month or two and there will be Chinese dudes with a cracked DSi. When it comes to piracy, they can do it.

11. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

hahah go figure, guess it's always bound to happen

12. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

Yasu made a hello world homebrew here is a link
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113633&st=0&p=1518567&#entry1518567

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's not really hacking, however it's a good start.

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

But Yasu is really good with this sorta thing, he may be able to help people make flashcarts for it in the future because he knows all about this stuff

15. anandjones

He's good at homebrew and NDS development and specs, so helping other people to make them would probably be unlikely, other people don't really get contacted by flashcart manufacturers.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Ah, Okay then, but still it won't be long until there is flashcarts for it

17. anandjones

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114612&st=0&p=1532779&#entry1532779 Running a proper homebrew on DSi apparently.

18. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

i dont really give a fuck. ill just get my ass to ebgames and buy the games i want

19. cheryldylan67

cheryldylan67 Active Member

I love my dsl. I would miss her if she went. As soon as we figure out the DSi I will no doubt get one. I know. How sad am I?

20. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

I'm not worried. I've yet to see any reason why I would want to switch to a DSi, anway.

The new additions to the system are frivolous. I don't need a slightly bigger screen or a camera in order to play my games. I'll just hold on to my trusty DS Lite and use my little digital camera or phone to take pictures, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.