1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo's 3DS (they skipped DS2 lololollolo)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Natewlie, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I want gameboy back :(

2. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

But you gotta admit, the DS is epic. All it's predecessors are rather pointless up to this point in time. We can only wait and see how this 3DS will turn out...I can imagine looking to the side and seeing a kid play a game on the 3DS and the game's graphics popping out. Hahaha!

3. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

Re: Nintendo\'s 3DS (they skipped DS2 lololollolo)

Yes, developers again.But who was it that offered this new features to the consumers ? NINTENDO. Yes,developers didnt develop but that's not my problem,not even theirs.Nintendo made a stupid decision and that's that.
    Excuse me, how do you know 3DS is an entirely new system, do you have its specs ? You mean, you HOPE it will be a new system and not a meaningless upgrade like the DSi is (i own a DSi btw). I dont think it is stupid complaining about somebody who screws arround with their consumers.
    IF indeed 3DS will be an entirely new system, it is even worse. Dont you understand?
    I am not against progress,but they could've easily putt that accelerometer inside a cartridge or DSi. I realy hope that 3DS will be something completely new. If not , only we are to blame to support these jackalls. Can you see my point of view?
    Post Merge: [time]1269443754[/time]
    No,the system will come out.The speculation is this that the 3DS will be an entirely new system (not just like an upgrade we saw with that fucking DSi/DSi XL).

4. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

If the 3DS has Tegra, I'm definitely getting it.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/nintendo-3ds-to-come-with-3d-control-stick-vibration-and-sha

Tegra: http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/16/hardware-battle-looms-for-theoretical-successors/

5. MindFever

Yeah,i heard about that...but so far it is a rumour.I also read somewhere that Nintendo is making a deal with nVidia.Though,the new cartridge they are patenting is kind of "sticking out" because it is huge.And the model of the console you see using this thing looks like a normal DS Lite/DSi... i wont say this is anything conclusive and i surely hope for a new DS system with updated gfx engine/gpu and all, cameras , flash player and all other goodies it might bring.But since i've been disappointed with Nintendo so often,i will remain pessimistic regarding this "new" system.
    We'll see,wont we?

Anyway,before i was just saying that the Nintendo has a bad track record regarding promisses.I wasnt saying that it is impossible that Nintendo will bring a completely new system on the market ... and it should be awesome. Flash player should be putt in there and im concerned that they wont use the cameras to their full ability - you know, i want me some Skype dammit! I just hope they will patent it as a communication device,not like DSi where they DIDNT patent it as a comm. device (using the internet ofcourse.im not talking about a phone,for goodnes sake).That's why SKYPE proposal was ditched ... stupid moove from their part.

Sorry for the long text and for the info i wrote that you never asked about ;) :D

6. bobafett1136

If you can check your history and find the source I will be 'eternally' grateful.

7. MindFever

About what ? the cartridge or the deal that Nintendo is supposedly having with nVidia ? Even then ,if i give you the source it says it is only a rumour.
    Post Merge: [time]1269449541[/time]
    UPDATE: http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2009/10/13/nvidia-tegra-wins-contract-for-next-gen-nintendo-ds.aspx (old article though)

strange thing is that this rumour or possibly fact, was hushed quite fast...i dunno,but if PSP 4000 was due to come and had an amazing chip,people would talk about it quite often.But then again,maybe i wasnt paying much attention.

about the cartridge : http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178249 just look at that thing...it's disgustingly sticking out... it's like a penis,dammit

8. bobafett1136

This is really interesting, thanks for the links mate. ;)

9. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

What is next from nintendo portible systems you ask?

Why just 1.5 months later after the release of the n3ds say hello to the Nintendo PS!

[​IMG]

Everyone knows that nds users are simply extatic when a new ds system is released and there is no backward compatibility for their old games.. well.. NOW with the NPS there is NO compatibility ! :) Simply place your old ds games on the screen , unzip that fly, and ready.. aim.. fire! you are pissing the night away with your nintendo ps!

System exclusive games include but are not limited to - Nitendo PH balance reader (how acidic is your urine, find out now!) EXCITING!

but in all seriousness the 3ds looks and sounds awesome.. but still Nintendo needs to cool it on the rapid system development.. Makes me wonder if they are even going to sell hardly any DSIXL

10. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Getting high is fun :)
    But not when you do it :(

Whether or not Nintendo sells any DSIXL is their problem not ours (consumers). I'm hoping that the fact that they're bringing out a new generation so soon after releasing the XL will encourage them to drive down the price to make it more affordable to the coffin dodgers it's aimed at.
    YAY COFFIN DODGERS!!!

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Nintendo offered, developers didn't utilize it to it's full potential. Not Nintendo's fault, it's like doing a two partner project at school. If you do your half and the other person doesn't, who's fault is it? Also, who's fault it is that it sold considerably so well versus the other versions? Consumers. I'm quite surprised that people didn't look at the DSi and say "Hey, this is like a regular DS, BUT it has two cameras, what can be used with the cameras? Taking pictures? Oh how useless, I have a camera already". I didn't expect much gameplay functionality out of it and there hasn't been.

I think Nintendo with the DSi thought of a portable device that does more than games, but also surfs the net, takes photos, and plays music (does it play videos?). they succeeded in that regard.

I know Satoru said that in January, but it's the middle of March at the moment and the distance between that is somewhat of an indication that it is a successor.

Along with that, the article states that it's backwards compatible with DS and DSi games, what does this mean persay? Waaaaa

Yes it's speculation that it will be the successor but it's highly likely that it is, why would they add so much crap to a already made system? Adding another screen, and having a touch screen on the GBA, you'd think that it'd be another 'remake' of the GBA, no? If the jump from DS to the 3DS includes, control stick, 3D, Force Feedback, accelerometer and a sensor, is it not safe to say that all these additions make it a successor? Hell, the Gameboy to the Gameboy Color barely had any changes.

All the DSi added was camera functionality for certain games and 'enhanced' graphics for games that support it, along with a software addition that it could play music and surf the net. That's nice, I can clearly see why it's just another version of the DS.

You misunderstand that the 3DS not only adds the accelerometer, right? You seem all about the accelerometer, like whoa, slow down there. I think it'll make the TINY DS cartridge bigger and silly. Look at Wario Ware Twister, both rumble and an accelerometer.

I don't really see how making the 3DS is a bad thing. Yes, the DSXL is coming out very, very soon, but the 3DS is speculated to come out between April 2010 and March 2011, judging that it's reveal is E3, I'm guessing it'll come out exactly next year or before the holidays, that's enough time to say that the DSXL isn't a viable purchase. If Nintendo wants to screw around with consumers who don't know any better (I'm sure they don't) then so be it. Their lack of research turns in money for Nintendo in that case. Unless they genuinely don't already own a DS. Best Buy has screwed it's consumer with setting up a PS3 to a TV, for more than 100 dollars. Who's fault is it that people actually buy it? The consumer for not knowing any better.

There's a topic with the Best Buy thing somewhere, I'm sure that most were on Best Buy's side.

12. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

I somehow have a feeling that nintendo knew that there really wern't going to be that many dsi exclusive games .. there is only so much fun you can get out of a camera function.. not going to lie though, i simply adore my damn dsi and all but its all starting to make sense now that i really take a look at nintendo's actions with its handheld systems in the past

Well played nintendo

13. bobafett1136

Found some weird info. Sony is actually 'lashing' out at Nintendo's 3DS, John Koller is saying that it's going to have a hard time selling with younger audiences and that portables shouldn't really be 3D.

Source: http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Horizons/2010/0324/Sony-rep-questions-appeal-of-Nintendo-3DS

14. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

I agree with you about your take on the dsixl :/

however i beg to differ whether or not it is fun when "I" get high xD

15. Lysergic420

Lysergic420 Active Member

Is this a joke or what? The dsi XL isn't even out here in oz yet (and I was planning on buying one) and they are already talking about releasing a new one?
    I don't even have a normal dsi yet!

Jeez nintendo give us a chance to buy the products before you go releasing new ones.

16. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

rofl

which actually = sony crying and kicking themselves for not thinking of something so awesome first xD
    Post Merge: [time]1269457200[/time]
    thats what i have always said.. but meh you gotta hand it to them, nintendo is one awesome technologicly awesome game system producer..

17. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Nintendo themselves officially announced it as the next generation of DS; it isn't just another upgrade. And as Nintendo have announced it, having solid proof of the hardware specs is unnecessary Unless they've been eating their own magic mushrooms; they should be a pretty reliable source for their own damn product's existence.

18. bobafett1136

AGREED, Nintendo are pulling some dangerous stunts, Sony did make some of these by releasing PS2 and PS3 too early, but they don't anymore.

19. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

time will tell.. but I have high hopes for this system..

20. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like the sony guy that commented on the 3DS is just pissed off and said that off the top of his tongue..

"Nintendo could have trouble finding an audience for the 3DS – especially among the younger users drawn to the Nintendo DS platform"

I have a few ideas how to fix that problem... Mario and Pokemon.

EDITED*
    This topic was locked... but thank you to whoever unlocked this Topic from the people that just like locking things, but with all due respect to the mod that locked this thread, but next time read through the freaking pages next time! theres clues that hinted that this is a entirely different thread.