1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo Wii U

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Jun 7, 2011.

?

Wi you buy it?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ps vita please!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, a lack of Gamecube compatibility was confirmed a couple days ago.

Don't be too terrible surprised though, as the Gamecube is closing in on being 10 years old. By the time the Wii U releases, the good 'ol GC is going to be 11 year old hardware.

2. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Yeah, Nintendo didn't mention there being any GCN compa--

..wait. DAMMIT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY SMASH BROS!!??

3. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

After a long time I finally was allowed to buy a Wii (We have one good TV at home and my parents didn't want a console on it because the previous one broke the TV...) but if Game Mania does an action where you can give in your Wii and get a reduction for the Wii U then I gonna buy the Wii. But before I buy the Wii U I will need to know a release date and a price.

4. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

I don't see that point at all, I've played Melee on the GCN at the house of friends, very often, and knew the control scheme and such. When my bro bought a Wii with SSBB we only had two wiimote and nunchuck combi's, no GCN controller at all. We had to get hang of the new placements of the moves, but after a week or so we were playing Brawl at the same level as we played Melee. So Smash Bros. is perfectly playable if you are used to the GCN controller but if you have to switch over to the wiimote and nunchuck.
    Especially if you are use to them with other games, because A=A and B on the GCN controller is B on the wiimote, so you know where those buttons should be.

5. Xx_Sayuri_xX

Xx_Sayuri_xX Well-Known Member

The Wii U is just ridiculous...
    I might get it if there are enough games that don't require the huge controller and if I manage to win some sort of cash prize somewhere.

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No GC compat. Just jeep the Wii, no big quite honestly.

I'd imagine a lot of them having the option for the Wiimote or Classic. I don't see the controller as huge either, I've heard it's both comfy and light. If you want huge take a look at the first Xbox controller, it wasn't that it was physically big, but you had to move your hand to actually hit the Black and White buttons.