1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo makes killer app announcements for the Wiiu

Discussion in 'General News' started by Duncan Idaho, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/22001-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-announced-for-fall-new-3d-zelda-in-early-development/

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/22009-wii-u-virtual-console-to-launch-with-nes-and-snes-titles-this-spring-mother-2-exclusive-to-japan/

Nintendo my body wasnt ready for such big announcements, Wind Waker in HD? and F-zero of old gen? damn.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

wind waker doesnt need HD graphics, its cel shaded.

3. Duncan Idaho

Yet they are still taking cel shading to HD levels, and it's zelda, one of the selling zelda titles, and given the sizeable fanbase of Zelda it's a killer app, not to mention they are relasing a number of good titles for the virtual console and then there is fire emblem x shin megami tensei, this all combined means the wii u migth get a boost on sales.

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Oh yay, more VC and "apps."

All I want is for them to make a game (or games) that they have to CRAM onto a 25 GB disc, make it devoid of gimmicky shit, and sprinkle some cocaine on top.

There were only 3 somewhat traditional JRPGs on the Wii: Arc Rise Fantasia, Xenoblade, and The Last Story. Sad for a console made in Japan...

5. Loonylion

HD cel shading will look exactly the same as SD cel shading.

6. Duncan Idaho

Not exactly, check some of the pics on the article, it looks sligthly different, but sufficient for me to take notice

@Insanecrazy07 you do realize the WiiU is barley a newborn system? i am sure at least the PS3 had to wait a while for it's first big hit, when compared zelda is a sure sell title (except the Cd-i ones, which are so crapy and bad programmed that they were kicked out of cannon), it not gimmicky, also bayo 2 is confirmed and we will have to wait until the next nintendo direct.

Oh and there is F-Zero in said list a great racing title

7. insanecrazy07

At least the PS3 didn't rely on recycled titles to carry them through. Yeah, the PS3 took awhile to get a few good hits, but the Wii was in exactly the same boat when it first came out as well. It wasn't until both Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Brawl were released that people actually bought the damn system. And disappointed they were when they realized that's pretty much the only two games they'll be playing (and enjoying) on the entire system.

http://i.imgur.com/9C5QfRl.png
    This is what I want. No touchscreens, dual controllers, motion controllers, and anything else that's proprietary bullshit.

8. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Hang on, I thought the consensus was that Wind Waker was shit, and was best forgotten?

Wait, I remember that. I lived through that shitstorm. Now it's something that's fucking awesome because it's in HD? Bitch please.

9. insanecrazy07

A lot of people thought it was shit because of the cel-shading, but it actually turned out to be a pretty good game once you got over that.

I mean, how many good games are there on the Gamecube? Less than 15? 10? 5?

10. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

It depends if you're only counting exclusives.

11. insanecrazy07

The only third-party game that was arguably better than the other versions on other systems was Soul Calibur II simply because it had Link in it. That's really the only one I can think of that would actually serve a purpose. All other third-party games were better on the PS2 and Xbox.

I know Nintendo's got more third-party support coming for the WiiU, but I don't want partial third-party support. I want full third-party support. If Borderlands 2 is out on the PS3 and 360, then it should also be for the WiiU. I mean, shit, they could've gotten away with a less-than-stellar port of Borderlands 1 for the Wii. Didn't see any of that now did we?

Nintendo missed out on a lot of great games this generation. Hell, practically every RPG game made this generation was absent from the roster, JRPGs and western RPGs alike.

12. Duncan Idaho

it's pretty good, it's sailing mechanics, it's exploration, it's dugeon, the sidequests, the enemies, and the bonus dugeon make it a great zelda title.

@insanecrazy07 you forget some good stuff from 3rd party, skies of arcadia, evolution worlds, RE 1 Remake, the OOT master quest, Eternal Darkness, MGS:The Twin Snakes all were good titles

13. Loonylion

skies of arcadia was also on dreamcast, master quest was a japanese exclusive N64 game, and not third party anyway,

14. Duncan Idaho

Skies of Arcadia, original was in the dreamcast, the remake was on GC and it's a very amazing game, and MQ well sorry i started enumerating GC games and that slipped in.

Nevertheless nintendo is showing their hand slowly, i would expect big announcements for the E3