1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo is upsetting

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by timmy1991, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you don't? I can play any current games on full graphics with my geforce 8 series.

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

ummmm....

[​IMG]

3. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

whoa, money

4. Nox

Nox Well-Known Member

I take back what I said, I want the money printing feature!!

5. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

haha wtf?...

6. Atlnathics

Atlnathics Active Member

Common Mistake.
    My Nvidia 8800GT can play any game on High settings with more then 30fps. And the 8800GT was release nearly 2 years ago.

7. Nox

Nox Well-Known Member

Indeed, I have an old X850pro, it can run Oblivion on high settings and I get smooth gameplay.
    Unfortunetly it can't run newer games due to Pixel Shadder 3 coming out, but the point is, it has the power to run them, just not that pesky little feature.

edit: and no, it's not overclocked -_-

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have heard reports about nintendo wii is losing steam...people are getting sick of the motion feature...

I never liked it, I only use it because it's there...

I'm a die hard nintendo fan, but an old school type, i LOVED the game cube, and enjoyed more out of the older consoles, especially the snes, from the supposed golden age of games...

But I only bought the wii because my little brother really wanted it-he's better at wii sports than me!

Nintendo have changed, when they first started games they tried to keep it all family and high quality, you know those golden seals of approval?

THAT'S WHAT STOPPED THE CRAP THAT FLOODED THE GAMES MARKET YEARS AGO!

But now, in order to generate more money, it's just there to keep the tradition going, hell they even stopped the censoring of games (mortal kombat 1 was censored at nintendo's request, made less sales but made a point)...

Now the wii is floody with cheap point and click stuff, annoying family games, and the wii series (fit, music, etc) lack the quality of games from years back...

But they sure won't go down for a long time-even if they lack other abilities (it's more of a "family" machine than games console, the gamecube was the last dedicated "games" console)...

I have other bits and pieces to play music, watch movies, and what not already (my laptop is my all in one *hugs* with the ipod doing all the other more portable stuff ...*throws agaist the wall because it just froze again *)

9. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Well my Wii admittedly gets used rarely, I still stay loyal and hyped to the series I've always loved (Smash Bros, Pikmin, Sonic) and WILL buy them asap after they're out, but other then that my awesome DS gets used SO much more, I have a library of around 50 LEGIT DS games, got about 5 "trials" on my card :p (here I am, waiting for rhythm heaven to be released here in Aus)

10. crazytuna

Tell me something Krusha
    Why, why would you buy LEGIT games, if there's a site like Romulation?

11. Loonylion

because if the developers aren't supported they'll stop making games?

12. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

you're canadian right?

I've been hearing nothing but bad things from you guys lately.... pirating wise

13. crazytuna

Canadian and proud to be!
    So I heard you heard some stuff
    what kind of stuff?

14. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

now that's just cold. i buy the games i love. i'll admit they sometimes end up sitting inside my drawers because i don't like carrying too many cards at once but i can say i still bought it :p
    while i'm at it...

15. ultra

ultra Guest

that video card compared to the wii, the wii fails. the wiis gpu is 243mhz. if you look around, you'll see that the wiis gpu is somewhere between geforce ti 500 to geforce ti 4200 or a geforce fx 5600 xt.

look here, http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pc-graphics-xbox,423-2.html and here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_FX_Series

but remember that the wiis gpu is custom made and has additional features as compared to the ones mentioned above, so it isn't a direct comparison but a general concept of differences.

16. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

Hey loony what Geforce* series are u currently using anyway?8600 or 8800 lol and the 8800 has one of the best core nvidia had for their geforce series back then lol

17. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

heh, i was just talking about the piracy Priority Watch List story

I got nothing against you lovely canadians ok.......... :-*

18. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

if you're going to buy a gaming console based on its multimedia capabilities, then you're NOT buying a gaming console, period.

19. Loonylion

8800 GTX reference model.

20. ultra

ultra Guest

that's correct. this has been solved in the pc gaming industry but for some reason it isn't working for the console industry. in the old days you either have the hardware or you don't but today things are designed differently. the current design is that a low end pc can run those games but those that have the hardware will get the prettier and fancy stuff then compared to the low end. but when you compare that to the consoles, it is totally backwards. games are build up bottom, that is a super high power game and getting it truncated to be played on a lower end system. very stupid concept that the industry is comfortable on. it is always easier to go low end to up end because the up end is nothing but inefficiency.