1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo Announces new DSi

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Seph, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Impulse411

Impulse411 Member

If they want to lure us into buying the DSi, then they WILL make all they new games DSi compatible only...

2. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

They would not force us to upgrade: that's just bad business. Why would they shut out their 80,000,000 other customers who own DS/DSlites? That's like Sony making PSP-3000 exclusive games.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's a microsoft tactic.

4. ultra

ultra Guest

this is the right idea. nintendo has no intentions of forcing people to buy the dsi. the dsi is the same as ds lite without the gba port but has a few alterations. those alterations aren't meant as a means to replace the ds/ ds lite users. there is an official nintendo representitive that also mentions this in an article but i don't remember if it was the president of noa [nintendo of america] or noj [nintendo of japan].

nintendo is all about the consumer, while other companies are all about them. look at those apple and microsoft ad's run by apple.

5. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Most people have had their DS for a long time. I can't be away from my DS for that long though. This is a good way to make money.

7. ultra

ultra Guest

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171063

some details about the dsi. they provided comparisons with all ds systems. remember, the dsi isn't meant to replace your ds lite or your original ds systems, even nintendo has stated this. the dsi is to accommodate those who may not be attracted to gaming.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171070
    services offered soon.

i think nintendo should bring back their motto, now you're playing with power.

8. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

personally i dont think that trading my gba port and 50 dollars or 90 dollars(depends on how much game stop charges for upgrade) for an sd card slot a 3 mp camera and web browser is hat good of an idea. two out of the three features listed can be obtained by a 16 dollar mod card and dsorganize. with a new gh coming out as well as the new tony hawk motion(which to me sounds extremely promising) it would be a stupid idea to pay the money to upgrade

9. anandjones

The new motion dials are going to be part of all Activision and other company games that need them apparently. Also DSOrganize is crap for a web browser.

10. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

yea i heard that too. i'm not getting it for brower though

11. n0thealthy

The DSi/DS browser is crap too...

12. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

i think we can safely say the ds wasnt meant for web browsing, and neither was the psp

13. n0thealthy

Even so, the PSP's browser is much better than the DS'.

14. anandjones

The DS didn't have a web browser originally.. And plus, the specs of both systems are completely different, so that explains why the DS ones suck. Because they have to suck.

15. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

Seriously, this is not very attractive. Why would you take out that GBA slot? I mean yeah they're old but what if you want to play an old game? You have to have a GBA or a GBASP. Man Nintendo has gone mad. There would be no guitar hero on the DSi I'm sure. Where will they put the guitar grip?

Nintendo DSi

Cameras - Hmm. This is not really appropriate, I mean why would you want to take pictures with a handheld? There's no flash and everything. The camera thing is a really dumb idea.

Larger Screen - The larger screen is actually a good idea because whenever I draw pictures, it really bothers me.

Enhanced Speaker - That is a must.

Removal of the GBA SLOT - A really dumb idea.

MicroSD Slot - There's no need to put a slot, there's an R4/M3/CycloDS/TTDS/Games N' Music etc...

Here are my suggestions for upgrades on the DS.

1. Better graphics
    2. HD LCD Screen

And I guess that's it, for me, my DS PHAT is awesome because it's awesome. If they made another DS and it has better graphics, HD LCD Screens and a built in picture, mp3, and video player that will be great and I would definitely buy one.

16. n0thealthy

Neither did the PSP: the browser was introduced in firmware 2.0. And I agree with your point about the specs.

17. anandjones

Nintendo don't support flashcarts unfortunately, so you can't state that.

18. stalker ds

stalker ds Member

it like a FIRMWARE from out side no update to the chips