1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo Announces new DSi

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Seph, Oct 2, 2008.

1. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

This is going the same way as the DS... someone will find a hack for it, it seems pretty pointless releasing a new DS, i wouldn't really use the camera. These days a new console is being bought out too early.I would just stick to my DS lite, it does the job. Eventually i can see nintendo releasing a DSPhone with a built in printer. There is no point to it, i give up with them. I bet that by the time they release a US DSi the Japanese have already found a hack for it.

2. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

well duh
    i may get one just to replace my DS Phat (crappy shoulder buttons, a few dead pixels, and the earphone jack is fucked up, as in it plays HALF the effects)... or maybe i should just buy my neighbout's old DS Phat :p :p

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Maybe the effects are recorded in stereo and you're either using a single earphone or your earphones are monaural?.

4. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

This is pointless. Even if it does stop people from downloading the new games (for a while) people will just make new flash carts for the DSi and while were wating for that we would still be playing downloaded games in our R4/Cyclo/etc. As for the web browser, your gonna nead wi-fi for that to work which some people dont have and the people that do would rather use their computer instead in the first place.

5. Noop

Noop Member

Is it just me, or does the normal DS Lite just look "sexier"? I mean the new design looks sorta bland. Unless it's just early design and they plan to polish it up some more. Eh.

Only real interesting part is the slightly larger screen.

6. rush n kaos

i really don't know, i have tried numerous earphones and speakers, i think it is a problem with the DS end of the jack... probably connection problems

heck yes... funny how everyone at my school doesn't agree with it though. they all think the DSi Lite will be superior, but i remain loyal to my old and slightly beat up DS Phat, even if i do have to deal with bad earphones. I may just ask my dad to pick up one of those SP earphones if he ever goes to China for a business trip. it's a lot cheaper than a new DS anyways
    edit: forgot a few words :p still not used to the concept of a new DS

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

No mate. It uses stereo, hence it has two speakers. Could just be your DS. The design hasn' t changed much, looks the same really. But I don't think many people will get this. I don't really think you could store DS and GBA games on the internal memory. Bad idea actually. You can restore dead pixels with diagnose. And of course games specifically coded for the DSi (maybe camera interaction etc.) won't work on a normal phat or lite, see why PS3 games won't work on a PS2. Games will still be developed the usual way (most of them) since everyone has a DS Lite or phat. So that wouldn't really be a problem with compatibility. The web browser thing is average, browsing on DS sucks in any way.

8. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

DS Lite does look "sexier". IMO, they ruined the design.

9. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will make new games just for the DSi... that would suck. I love my DS Lite.

10. rush n kaos

and i love my DS Phat ;D unless necessary i will probably not buy the new DSi unless they make a game so godly that everyone must have it

11. Rob91

Rob91 Well-Known Member

Man I can't wait to get the new DSi!!! ;D

12. axelsar

axelsar New Member

Did anybody even think about the people who don't have r4's. Probably not. Plus who cares if you are not gonna get one. Unless there is something really bad t it say my r4 won't work then I really could care less. (sorry if i come off insulting I've just seen to many threads on this subject) Also official specs and design is not out yet there for I nor anyone else should be able to formulate a proper opinion.

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Barathum, probably will make some to use some new DSi features etc. This is probably just a counter piracy act.

14. Renji217

There are only 3 reasons I would EVER consider to get a DSi

1) If ALL the games that are comeing out after the DSi dont work with the Phat or Lite
    2) If it works with the R4, Cyclo, etc.
    3) my DS lite dies and the DSi was out in here in the colout Pink or Green

15. Shuvo01

Shuvo01 Well-Known Member

I wont get it.If my lite cant play them then i would use a emulator.I'm sure martin will update his no$gba for dsi games.

16. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

made me wonder
    if all the new games for the ds will only work for the dsi?

17. Renji217

Im guessing it would be like the GB going to GBC. Some games wont matter some games do (atleast the ones that comes out first) untill everything becomes DSi. Its not realy a big transition (like GBA going to DS) but with the added camera and browser there will be games that nead you to take a picture or constantly update. We wont know untill it comes out but untill then Im sticking to ny DS lite.

18. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

That PS3 to PS2 part happens because of the hardware, not the coding. The coding influences it, of course. The comparison you mean is not PS3 to PS2, it's PS2 to PS2 slim: hardware's the same, a few external modifications, nothing more. DSi games will work on the DS lite, unless the camera is required. If the hardware remains the same, why wouldn't they work?

And, IMO, DSi is a waste of money for people. I really want to know who will buy a DSi, even if they have a DS Lite (or Phat) working in good conditions. And who will spend some more outrageous 40 dollars to get a DSi instead of a DS Lite? It's just stupid, it's like having a GBA, then buying a GBA SP. Fantastically stupid.

19. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

i had a gba and bought the gba sp so i could play it anywhere and everywhere(i think the gba had no charger and it requires batteries but even if i had a battery charger id still wait for it to get fully charged. then the gba sp had lights the and the light for the gba that you apply to it doesnt really help much)

about the new ds games to work only with the dsi... uh does the dsi like uhh have a better graphic card than the ds? and is it like core2duo or something like that(i had to use pc improvements cause i dont know whats inside a ds) then the ds wont be able to handle the new games cause it wouldve been made for the dsi

20. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

You can use rechargeable batteries, and you can carry four fully charged batteries. When a pair runs out, you use the other pair. About the backlight, ok, you're right.

Exactly what I'm saying: if no hardware's going to change, then all games (excluding those who need a camera) will run on a DSi.