1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo and hardcore gamers?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kiekoes, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

That is what I don't try to do but sometimes fail in

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Oh look, another thread where people can bitch about games they don't like and call the people who like said games shitty gamers for not liking Wii Jerk Each Other Off.

BOO, HISS, HARVEST MOON!

There, I'm cool now.

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

My God. Stop nagging and play your games instead of bothering other forum members. Who cares about hardcore gaming anyway? edit: Nintendo is casual. They want everybody to game.

4. Jonez001

Some people do, and that is a real shame. You know how I say it: 'You need to play the games that you find fun and those don't need to be the newest or the most recent ones.'

I just wanted to say that I find it irritating that the people who 'care' sh*t on Nintendo because they aren't hardcore. But you bring up a good point. Why should Nintendo go hardcore? They sell well in the casual/mainstream market.

IMO: Nintendo doesn't want primary that everybody games... they want to bring families and friends to getter to have some nice gaming fun. Looking at the ads for games like Mario Kart or Kirby Epic Yarn... it are always friends or families who have fun together.

But, find me one game company that doesn't want that the whole world games...

5. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

http://www.shacknews.com/article/55097/nintendo-wants-everyone-to-own

6. Jonez001

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Obviously, if you put multimedia capabilities into your console, you don't want whole world games.

8. MiseryLC

MiseryLC Guest

I don't think the gaming gods want us to brawl over a topic like this :)

9. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

In all due honesty, I consider myself a hardcore "Gamer."
    I play games from a wide variety of genre and like to delve deep into them and play to get better at it, or to just enjoy the experience. I most enjoy RPGs, and Action RPGs, though I also have great love for Sim games such as Harvest Moon.

I enjoy old school mario, and zelda. pacman, frogger and many other relics of gaming history. And graphics while important, are also back burner depending on the games point. The games I don't like are a interest level issue, sports games for example. I can't get into them. They just dont do it for me.

On the contrast, games like Demon's Souls are right up my alley, and I excel and enjoy every moment of time spent with it.

As for the hot topic of "Harcore games" CoD and the like, I'll play it with some friends, kill and get killed alike, but it's nothing special to me, a fun time waster on par with angry birds in my eyes.

10. Constiplopz

Constiplopz Active Member

PC games such as Call of Duty 4 (VERY DIFFERENT ON PC, do not mistake this as the same game on console), League Of Legends, Starcraft 2 etc. are all hardcore games in my eyes. Final Fantasy games on the NES and SNES, Chrono Trigger, Pokemon games on all portable platforms are also hardcore games in my eyes. So, there are two different sides of the story in my case.

11. Genya Arikado

Genya Arikado Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

12. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY ON /v/

THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Agreed with your list.

They're all games that are mainstream, but in a way not SO mainstream that everyone and their mother plays it to the point where the series becomes a fad.

For example, games that are not hardcore: Guitar Hero, Rock Band and music rhythm games in general. Mainstream appeal, everyone and their mother played it, and then died quickly.

"Hardcore" games should have a level of obscurity and not every person should be able to play them (well). They're not games you invite your videogame-clueless friends over to play. Guitar Hero/Rock Band is the perfect example of a game industry that isn't hardcore, not because of its difficulty, but of its mainstream status (or in other words, level of obscurity). By obscurity, I mean obscurity to the whole population, not obscurity within a certain population (the "hardcore gamer" population), in that I mean your grandpa who is 80 years old, has never touched a damn computer should not know quotes to Starcraft.

The Wii does not have very many games that fit this scenario. The Wii is family oriented. Your mother has played Wii Sports, your sister has played Scene It, your stupid school administration misspells iPod (I-pod lol) on their Code of Conduct, the volunteer lunch lady in the 4th grade pronounces Pokemon as "Pokeymanz," and your attorney general (or whatever political position the guy has) calls video game consoles "game stations" and believes he got the term correct.

This is the audience Nintendo is targeting. There's a battle between Otakus and weaboos, and there's a battle between "hardcore gamers" and those people.

14. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member

For me hardcore games is the game that makes you want to ripped your controller,burst your brains out and grind your console into dust..

Hardcore gamers is who spends hundreds and hundreds of hours just to perfect a one game..

For me platformer,puzzle games,sports,versus was for killing time..

FPS is social gaming and im enjoying it while playing with my friends and to add a fun factor where placing a bet..

And Rpg is for serious gaming..

15. Jonez001

:D

16. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Oh dear.
    I had no idea hardcore gamers were all in need of anger management and lives...
    Today I learned something!

17. rockerzz182

rockerzz182 Well-Known Member

im only exagerrating to that..but for once was there a game that makes you feel that way..=D..mine back then,nes era when im playing games that has no save function..having a game over when you where close to the boss and you have to start all over again..=D

18. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

That does not equal a hardcore GAMER, that is a hardcore [insert game here] player. :/ There is a difference. A MAJOR difference.
    One may spend months perfecting their Guitar Hero skills, but never once give a damn about any other game someone has. :/ Thats not a hardcore gamer, despite his devotion to that game. He's just a GH player. Hardcore or not.

Same applies to CoD players, who's only game they play is CoD until the next CoD is released. Then they play that. [these people exist, I have met them. They're not fun to play with.]

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'll throw in my two cents.

loljk but I'd much rather claim that God exists and that you're all going to hell.

You're all going to hell.

20. koolenergy

koolenergy Well-Known Member

Well some people think DS are for little boys but not for me that's for sure in a game i look for great game play good story and overall addictiveness, some of my friends or most i'm sure the games they talk about on consoles are mostly tekken, CoD etc mostly shooter games and in pc games HoN thats pretty much it the only things they play not some side-scroller or rpgs or any other games :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.