1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo and hardcore gamers?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kiekoes, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Newer =/= Better.

The thing is: games are needed to be fun and not the most newest. There isn't anything bad with playing COD 1 instead of the newest one. It is just basicly that same game anyways.

Games are FUN not a graphical powerhouse :/

2. MiseryLC

MiseryLC Guest

Depends on what you see as fun..
    Some people prefer playing lifelike games over true gameplay.

3. Jonez001

Then tell me, what is then the difference with watching a expensive CGI movie?
    And lifelike games =/= newer games. I understand with that games that can really happen like a WO shooter

4. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

Hmm... My take on this...
    I'm a puzzle/visual novel gamer. Casual, at that.
    Yet I have no qualms with playing the heck out of GTAIV. Nope. Not at all.

I do think the gaming market is oversaturated with First-person shooters. Really, I just don't get it.
    It's like 'hardcore gamers' are just cows that game developers are trying to milk. Same routine. Same produce.

Also, this thread seems to have drawn a false line.
    I always thought that Hardcore means those who spend more time on games, taking every element of the gameplay seriously. So one can be categorized as a hardcore gamer even if they don't play COD or Mass Effect or any of the mainstream FPS games out there.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Jonez001

That is my definition of a hardcore gamer too but it seems that the COD gamers think that they are the hardcore gamers... and there are too many of them :/

Good post, I agree with you full force.

6. MiseryLC

MiseryLC Guest

Mainstream = most popular for a reason.
    What's wrong with putting your heart in the game you like playing.
    Hardcore means trying to get to the top by putting in a lot of time and effort, which is the case for almost every game.

7. Jonez001

Well, the problem is that the mainstream doesn't accept the old games anymore because they don't have the 'quality' of the newer games. If I call myself a hardcore gamer and I go talking with a non-Nintendo player I got a speech why Nintendo DS and Wii are for kids and casual gamers.

The discussion here is going about why that way of think is wrong. The definition of hardcore gamers is just wrongly used by non-Nintendo gamers because they full, no offence, too good.

If the people who claim to be hardcore gamers play also Wii and 3DS... then our definition can be applied on them. Nintendo Wii and 3DS can be used for hardcore RPG gamers (eg)

8. MiseryLC

MiseryLC Guest

It's hard to change the way of thinking of such ignorant people in the first place. It's not like we all think like that... Maybe it looks like that because most just don't give a damn.

9. Jonez001

*-* Did I ever said that each of every one thinks that way?
    You proofed that some posts ago.

I mean that there are to many people who are thinking that way but there are also people, like you, who have some common sense.

10. MiseryLC

MiseryLC Guest

The difference between not respecting and not liking is huge but usually not very clear to most.

11. Jonez001

I agree. But take eg the release of Kirby Epic Yarn. At Youtube you saw many comments: 'this game sucks, COD is better.'
    Okay, some may be trolls but some weren't. If you went to their channel they had a lot of COD or other games vids (to show that I don't target COD gamers only). You never see Nintendo fanboys saying without a reason that the game sucks.

The gaming websites and gaming shows caused a wrong image of 'HARDCORE GAMING'. Nintendo is too causal for them. When a big game is going to be released for a Nintendo console like eg: Final Fantasy, you see a lot of comments: the games on XBOX or PS3 are way better... and that is just sad....

So my point is that their is a part of the 'hardcore gamers' who think they are hardcore damage the image of real hardcore gamers like most people on this forum or on other places.

12. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Kirby's epic yarn looked stupid as hell, NIntendo actually made a game, out of yarn. What i like is normal power stealing kirby, which we are getting. Not a game starring Yarn.

The Final Fantasy games for the Wii are crappy, some crappy my life as a king or whatever games, and some crappy Crystal Chronicles game where instead of using real weapons, you pretty use everything else or whatever as a weapon.

13. Jonez001

Kirby Epic Yarn wasn't stupid... it just looked weird....

I just gave an exemple with Final Fantasy. I was looking for a popular hardcorish game series.... FF was the first who popped in my mind. It could also be Tomb Raider or Dragon Quest

14. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Seriously though, this thread can only end badly.

15. Jonez001

16. sylar1000

No, to me it looked stupid, looking weird, and not looking fun to me are two different things.

So far the only thing i've seen from this topic is "wahh people aren't hardcore gamers unless they love Mario and Zelda"

17. Jonez001

*_* Eh nope, we are saying that some hardcore gamers don't respect Mario and Zelda for what it is worth.

18. sylar1000

Looking at the opening post, it states "real games like mario, zelda, rpg's"

Not everyone likes Mario or Zelda, just like not everyone likes Call of Duty

19. Jonez001

That is what she Kiekoes said, not me.

It was a slipt form a introduction topic...

I find Zelda and Mario epic games myself but I don't say they are 'real games' are better then the other games.

20. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Elitism in Video Games! Rage! I hate stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.