1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS Wii Graphics Next Generation DS 2 Announcements E3 [POLL]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by dragneon007, Oct 16, 2009.

?

Next generation nintendo DS good or bad? Thoughts

1. bad I'll stick to my Old DS phat thank you very much!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bad I just got a DS lite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BAD! I just baught a damn DSi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good! I'm ready to dump my Ds phat!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Good... but kinda annoyed I bought a dsi...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Good I'm about ready to toss out my ds lite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Don't need it! don't care! I have my OLD DS's even the broken ones!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Meh I don't really care.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. wait DS? PSP OWNS f*** ds!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Re: Nintendo DS 2 Wii Quality Graphics 2010 IGN Destructoid Next Generation DS Rumor

the DS itself is not a new handheld. When did the DS phat come out? I forgot.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: Nintendo DS 2 Wii Quality Graphics 2010 IGN Destructoid Next Generation DS Rumor

November or December of 2004. So it's not exactly new, but barely five years old.

3. dragneon007

Soo.. 2010 marks 6years of DS's life Cycle and I guess that kinda makes some sense with Nintendo if they do plan on showing this new DS at tokyo game show in 2010

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

yeah, 6 years sounds about the right lifetime of a handheld system...
    let's see:
    Gameboy - 1992
    Gameboy Color - 1998
    Gameboy Advance - 2001
    Nintendo DS - 2004
    yes, Nintendo is due for a new handheld system...

5. dragneon007

well it seems GB- GBC had six years and the rest only had like 3 years

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Another to add to my collection.

I own every console nintendo has made...

But I lack 4.

-Gameboy light
    -Virtual boy
    (hard to find)

-This new console
    -game boy micro (P.O.S not wasting my cash on that XD)

7. evans123456

evans123456 Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will go up to the same type of graphics capacity as the PSP and iPod Touch.

8. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

i wouldn't mind if they cut out the touch screen though, or if they use it less

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I think it'll be a bit more if what's being said is true, but don't hold your breath.

I hope they leave it in.

Some games weren't bad-but it has to be done right...

Metroid prime hunters is one good example-animal crossing, ninja gaiden dragon sword, and yes even GTA china town wars used it right.

10. dragneon007

chances are it will have multi touch and if that happens then games like the Original RAYMAN DS can be used like they originally inteded with multi touch analog style controll and it would work this time since multi touch control would allow for analog style and buttons Hmm do you think nintendo would be crazy enough to remove all buttons and go with this style?

11. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Re: Nintendo DS 2 Wii Graphics 2010 IGN Destructoid Next Generation DS Rumor [POLL]

The first Gameboy hit the Stores 1989, if I´m not totally wrong. Anyway; I hope the "next Generation" doesn`t come too soon. The Nintedo DS isn`t brought to it`s limit yet. And Nintendo doesn`t have to "hurry-up" at any cost, since the NDS is still the No.1 Handheld.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Re: Nintendo DS 2 Wii Graphics 2010 IGN Destructoid Next Generation DS Rumor [POLL]

True-the original gameboy was released about that time AND the ds is number one.

We have yet to see the dsi hybrid games as well.

If they are making this they are still in R 'n D.

...this might be fake though-gamespot doesn't have any word on this :(

13. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I hope it does not come out so soon..
    I'm having second thoughts about buying a new DS..

14. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

DS phat had about 2 years, ds lite had about 3 years, and then dsi will probably have about 2 years. I heard it was planned to be shown at the next tokyo game show, not released. So we can expect it to be released late 2011 or early 2012

15. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

Re: Nintendo DS 2 Wii Graphics 2010 IGN Destructoid Next Generation DS Rumor [PO

Yup. It's still in concept and planning stage. They have a long way to go. Besides, how can we enjoy games expected to be released next year like Dragon Quest VI, SRT:EFE, and more. :D

16. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Date is wrong on the Gameboy it was released in 1989 not 1992

Also no mention of the oddballs

Gameboy "Play it Loud" series - 1995
    Gameboy Pocket -1996
    Gameboy Light - 1998 (Japan exclusive)
    Gameboy Advance SP - 2004
    Gameboy Micro - 2005
    DSi - 2009 (duh!)

17. dragneon007

New DS news has been announced! I thought I would bump this thread up again and start the conversation with news that IGN has confirmed from the president of nintendo Confirming that there will be a new generation DS 2 and it will have better graphics and use motion sensing technology built into the DS 2 Also heres a link showing off some motion sensing demo for Dsi

http://ds.ign.com/dor/articles/1059004/dsi-gets-tilt-control/videos/enginesoftware_trl_dsidemo1_10710.html

18. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

The DS is the best selling system around, even more than the home consoles. That Nvidia rumor has been around for a while and IS true but Nintendo can afford to take their time with this one. Unless, of course, Micro$oft decides to jump into the hand held arena...

19. dragneon007

Well, Satoru iwata confirmed on a next generation DS, with better graphics and built in motion sensors, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it being on display this year at tokyo game show.

20. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it is something that I would buy.. I have sort of mixed feelings towards it at the moment.