1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS Release Date & Price Confirmed

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by baytech08, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

but will they make an xl for ppl who cant see small writing and stuff?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I dunno. Not for a bit of time according to them.

3. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

This is supposedly Nintendo's trump card to the new PSP NG

4. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I thought that the PSP NG was Sony's response to the 3DS seeing as how development for the 3DS started earlier.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Just to give the heads up:

There will not be a 3DS lite. The 3DS is as small as Nintendo could get it while still keeping all the features intact. If you notice, they borrow heavily from their final, slim DSi model. It is not a thick system by any means. There is zero way to make it smaller. Nintendo has commented on this themselves to say exactly this. The system is as small as it's gonna get.

There is no word about a 3DS XL. Don't even know if there is gonna be one. Making a bigger screen work with normal DS games wasn't so difficult, as there were no extra features to worry about. In this case, we have the 3D incorporated into the top screen. It is unknown if they will be able to easily incorporate it into an XL model, or if it will cease to function properly. We won't know for sure for awhile, but if you're worried about a lite model, don't be.

I wouldn't buy a launch 3DS though. Wait a month or two for fresh shipments with any initial errors worked out. There are always little things, even by launch, that have to be fixed for the later shipments.

6. kme92

kme92 Well-Known Member

Either way, I probably won't buy until the price lowers.

7. mpc2007

mpc2007 Well-Known Member

Can't wait

8. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

im buying on launch coz its my birthday like 7-8 days after release
    so i have an excuse

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

My birthday is 26 days before launch for me...It's my..rather late birthday present.

10. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna get it right at lauch cause it's 250$ with that kind of money i can get a ps3!

11. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

give it three to four years, technology maybe a tad bit more advanced, smaller stuff, then they can reduce the 3DS on size, but for now it is impossible.

as far as i se it is ok, i do not really see the need of milking the money cow too much.

agreed, who knows if the 3Ds suffers from the same horrible phenomena as the original DS, the dead pixel (and i say is horrible due that a stuck pixel can be annyoing) or any other problems i feel it rushed.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Rushed? Nintendo has been planning on doing 3D since the GBA SP. :p

Hell, even the GameCube has 3D capabilities if it had ever been utilized. :p

Source

Yeah, I know it's not a news site or whatever, but it's the same article I read, just posted on a forum.

13. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

If they had intended to put 3d into the GBA SP, why didn't they implement it in the first version of the DS, not the 5th revision of the device
    (I'm including all the different DS types here: DS, DS lite, DSi, DSiXL, 3DS)

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The cost for the 3D screen was too high and would have made the DS very expensive.
    It just got a little cheaper to mass produce it in the last few years.