1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS future hacking, and ROMulation question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jaimitovond, May 16, 2010.

1. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Just FYI, in this context, "specs" refers to technical "specifications" rather than "speculations".

2. greenfire

greenfire Well-Known Member

yes you are correct 3DS cards will have a capacity of 2GB.

3. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

What?!
    Flashcards can be played on the DSi!
    DSi roms are dumped!

4. greenfire

greenfire Well-Known Member

well there was never a game made exclusively for DSi (not including DSi ware which can now be played on 3DS) R4i and plenty of other flashcards have been made for DSi.

5. tehuber1337

There's a difference between cracking a system's security and simply dumping roms or using an easily fixable exploit to allow flashcarts to work.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes there were. There weren't many of them, but there were a few.

7. altimitt

altimitt Member

the average game of a 3ds is 2gig, so when we do see some r4 or any other flash carts, we should invest in a bigger micro sd card. or may if flash cart makers make a built in memory that has about 20gig or more. hahahaha

8. tehuber1337

I believe 2GB is the maximum size for a 3DS game. SDHC's theoretical limit is 32GB. The situation's still better than the PSP scene.

Flashcarts with built-in memory are a thing of the past. They were expensive, inconvenient and required proprietary hardware to connect to a PC.

9. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

ive got a phat the only thing bad about it is that this little kid i gave it to dropped it and now the top screen has like a purple tinge to it