1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS future hacking, and ROMulation question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jaimitovond, May 16, 2010.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yeah, i know, that would suck... psp go was such a waste of time and money for sony

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

1. I didn't call you "uncomprehendable"
    2. The word you're looking for is "incomprehensible", but I didn't call you that either
    3. In my previous post, the use of SD cards was a totally different issue; being download-only is the main factor in the PSPGo's utter failure. If you intended to say that internal storage would prevent piracy, then you're still mistaken, as it's Sony's frequent firmware updates that hinder PSP piracy efforts, rather than the storage media used. Furthermore, money saved from preventing piracy is outweighed by the money wasted on producing a system nobody wants.

3. iluvfupaburgers

i didnt really say anything about piracy issues, i just said it would stop the use of cartridges (becuse of thier low storage capacity) and its more comfortable not having. then what i said about psp go not being successful, yeah, it has to do because of piracy put its also because it was not a huge change between psp, and pspgo. and it gets confusing when writing, i know 4 different languages, and you get bad grammar sometimes because of mix ups

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

But you can't blame them... it was an experiment... A failed one..

5. iluvfupaburgers

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Quick question.

Look at it this way: When the DSi came out nobody believed that the dumps where the DSi camera was needed for couldn't be done. But look now! It is possible!

So why it would raise a problem at the 3DS?

The flashcard makers will make a new card and new roms will appear!
    Nothing is uncrackable!

7. Stanley Richards

Because of the words "3D technology without glasses".

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

And what is the problem then?

9. iluvfupaburgers

it will be hacked that is for sure, they said the ps3 was unhackable, and now it is able to read copied games

10. Stanley Richards

We really can't say for certain if the 3DS is hackable... We just have to wait and see... Even if it was, it would take a while before they find out how to hack the system.

11. iluvfupaburgers

yeah, it will take time, but i mean, everyone thought the ps3 was hack proof, with all its antipiracy security, and harware, whatever, it was 100% hack proof, and now its hacked, so there is a high probability that it will be hacked, but it will take time

12. Stanley Richards

Exactly.

These no-life hackers hack for us... Yet we barely do stuff to thank them.

13. tehuber1337

I see you still don't understand me. Are you sure you know four different languages? If you think I, of all people, have bad grammar, then you must be the one getting mixed up.

As I said, being download-only (ie no physical media) was the major contributing factor in the PSPGo's failure. If you say the 3DS will be the same, then simply replace the phrase "preventing piracy" in the last sentence of my previous post with "not making cartridges".

Also, you say piracy was a reason behind the Go's failure? You're confusing cause and effect. You say the Go wasn't different enough to previous PSPs to warrant successful sales figures? Take a look at the DSi and XL.
    The DSi is still pretty much uncracked.

14. iluvfupaburgers

youre confusing me, i said i am the one with bad grammar, i never said you are, its hard knowing 4 languages. and how can donload only games prevent piracy, look at the ipod apps, they are being hacked as we speak. so that is not really a problem
    and dsi is not really uncracked, becuase people dont care too much for dsiware

15. tehuber1337

Okay, we're in agreement there.
    As I said, the PSP's prevention of piracy is mostly due to Sony's firmware updates.
    There's more to the DSi than just DSiWare. DSi features are still unavailable to the homebrew community, for example.

16. iluvfupaburgers

all true :)

17. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I'm sure that they wouldn't turn down the opportunity to make more money.
    True
    The PSP Go failed for reasons other than the fact that all the games were downloadable. The fact that the 3DS will be backwards compatible with DS cards already distinguishes it from the Go. The Go inherited all of the PSP's problems and had to deal with those as well as its own. The PSP was practically lifeless before the Go was released, the Go was the nail in the coffin. The Ipod Touch isn't a dedicated gaming device, but it has done very well with downloads. Just because Sony failed doesn't mean Nintendo will.

18. Stanley Richards

But for a period of time, You could get all your purchased UMDs and transfer them onto the Go using some sort of tiring method... But yes...

19. tehuber1337

The key phrase there is "make more money". There are a number of reasons why implementing resale countermeasures aren't likely to make Nintendo more money.
    I merely said that having downloadable games was a "major contributing factor". I don't know what problems you say it inherited, but I hope you're not saying the PSP was lifeless out of comparison to the DS, as that's setting the bar too high by any measure. Its recent game library has big titles such as the new Metal Gear Solid. If the Go's situation was worse in that respect, you can thank third-party publishers for not supporting such a content-delivery platform.

The 3DS discussion was based on the assertion of it being download-only (quote: "get rid of cartridges"). I don't care enough to keep up with related news, so whether or not it's backwards compatible has no bearing on me. Nonetheless, Sony's failure is highly likely to make Nintendo far more wary of making a similar move.

As for the iPod family, that's an entirely different story.

20. Stanley Richards

Is it even confirmed that the 3DS will be entirely digital media?