1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS future hacking, and ROMulation question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jaimitovond, May 16, 2010.

1. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

There's no point theorising on piracy of unreleased technology now. Until it's out and we understand just how it works, conjecture is meaningless.
    Who is?

2. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

Then that goes for the future of the 3DS

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Premium account, points and ads, no other financial aid.

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You get funds from people clicking ads? or just by having ads.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends on the ad.

6. Stanley Richards

Alright, thanks.

7. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

we have to wait. it still tooooo early to make any assumptions,

8. Stanley Richards

As one guy already stated, yes.

9. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Meaby after some time the problems will be fixed!
    They won't stop you know!

10. Robotnick

Robotnick New Member

11. Stanley Richards

...?

They won't.

12. awesmazing

awesmazing Member

What's with all the speculation of the game carts being bigger to hold more data...? Haven't you all noticed how the newer the game boy model, the smaller the games, and the more they hold? I mean, we're in an era of 16gb micro sd's... I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the 3ds games were the same size as DS games, if not smaller. More importantly, I'm curious as to what they'll use for handheld 3d technology. My first inclination is stereoscopic. I mean, the DS we have now is easily capable of stereoscopic 3d. For those who dont know stereoscopic 3d effects are achieved when the viewer relaxes, or crosses their eyes to meld two similar images together to produce a 3d image. Like those magic eye books or those pictures of sailboats like in Mallrats... The ds already has the 2 screens, so in theory, you could actually make a 3d game for the ds right now. Though, you would have to hold the console sideways so the screens were side by side, if however I'm far off on the whole stereoscopic idea, I hope they reduce the screens back to the good old 1. If theyre gonna do some cool, glasses required 3d, i want one big widescreen display. And would some more 2d metroid games kill them? not that the 3d ones are bad but seriously, super metroid, metroid fusion, zero mission... those games are phenominal, dont you just hate when game companies decide to no longer milk an idea that works, and milk failing ideas for way too long? I'm ranting, but theres my two cents, later

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you could do red/blue stereoscopy with only one screen, or on the existing ds.

14. awesmazing

awesmazing Member

Ill be incredibly disappointed if they decide to go with some sort of color code 3d i.e. red/blue, amber/cyan, etc.. That crap is no good. 3d technology is great, it was great in the 90's and I'm loving its mighty return nowadays. The technology is so much better than it used to be too, i mean, avatar? i might as well have been there when they we're filming it cause ive never been more immersed in the 3d environment before. That is, before i got my iz3d computer monitor. Highly recommend picking one up if youre big into pc games. its a bit frustrating when you first get it and youre just learning the settings, but in about a month youll be able to set your games up perfectly and play ANY game in brilliant 3d. I dont work for them or anything although it might sound like i do, im just a huge fan. And as a bit WoW player and fps enthusiast, playing in 3d is hands down the best way to play a video game. Nothing beats ACTUALLY dodging rockets and the like with real depth perception, plus it makes sniping easy as hell :O

15. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm betting on Nintendo using SDHC for game storage. And, going out on a limb, I think that they'll do away with all traditional retail copies and make all of the games for the 3DS downloadable (via the Internet or via some sort of machine in game shops that stores 3DS games). I know that that sounds a little crazy, but it would stop people selling second-hand games that Nintendo and the developers can't profit from. But yeah, if they were going to sell games loaded onto storage devices; they could possibly go with somehing similar to a micro SD.
    If that happened, I'd be very disappointed. I don't think it likely though.
    Nintendo have already said that it will be backwards-compatible with DS games; it would need to have two screens (or one very large screen). What's wrong with two screens?
    Nintendo has already said that it won't require glasses.

16. tehuber1337

1. Second-hand sales are the least of any video game corporation's worries
    2. Storing games on existing, very popular and easily accessible media is just asking for more piracy
    3. Following in the footsteps of the PSPGo (ie downloads only) is just asking for a total flop of a console

17. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

they probably are going to make downloadable games, like the iphone, or psp go, and the 3ds having some sort of internal memory to save games in, to get rid of cartridges

18. tehuber1337

Thank you for taking the effort to read and comprehend my post. I understand it must've been quite strenuous for you. Unfortunately, I cannot similarly commend you for applying the wisdom I shared in the formulation of your response. Therefore, perhaps a reiteration of my disbelief in the form of a rhetorically promised action will suffice.

If the 3DS is a download-only platform, I will eat my metaphorical hat.

19. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

thanks for calling me uncomprenhendable, i did read your post, but you said using sd cards, i just added the idea of having internal memory like the psp go, or iphone, those things

20. Stanley Richards

If the 3DS turns out to be a PSP Go disguised as a nintendo handheld, I'll kill myself.