1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS finally revealed in E3! and revealed games + screenshots

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by kamuikurou, Jun 15, 2010.

1. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Re: Nintendo 3DS finally revealed in E3!!!

I got lots of titles here: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/15/heres-the-list-of-every-3ds-game-in-development/

...and I'll update that to the list. Thanks. :D *even more drooling*

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm going to buy this beast!!

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Oh damn, no Pokemon.

I'm curious to see how Pokemon would look in these graphics

4. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Nooo, I will need that thing I think....

5. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

SMT!!!!!!!!
    ARGH NEED MONEY FÖR IT

6. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

People were mentioning to me the amazing 3DS graphics, so i decide to check it out... they're PSP graphics... there is nothing *amazing* about how they do it, PSP has been doing it for years, DS just caught up. Although I would like to check out the 3DS in person so i can actually see the 3D in action.

7. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a PSP... WITH TWO SCREENS!!!

8. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

my questions are-

Are both screens 3D or only the top screen?
    is the image created by both screens at an angle or what?
    will it take cartridges or small discs or what?
    will all games be downloaded psp go style or what?

9. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Judging from the design, I'd say only the top screen, takes cartridges, and... I never had a PSP Go before

10. electromakumba

electromakumba Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD THERE WILL BE MARIO KART!!!?!

How fuckin' obvious.

11. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

Watching the 3DS footage and reading the impressions was a bad idea. Now I'm going to be too hyper to function until it comes out!

Also, http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/ for some screens.

Yes, there will be Mario Kart. My money's on using the gyroscopes to steer.

Speaking of Zelda, IGN has screenshots of an Ocarina of Time remake. There's no limit to the 3DS's awesomeness.

12. zeldafan12

zeldafan12 Well-Known Member

Seriously!!! Thats amazing! :) can you give me a link?

13. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Yes, especially with the inclusion of the analog pad, called the "slide pad".

Nintendo is basically taking features that the PSP had years ago, and simply transposing them into the DS system, and now calling it the "3DS".

From now on, I don't want to hear Nintendo fanboys harping on "originality".

14. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/game/?g=mgseater

AWESOME

15. kammithecamel

kammithecamel Well-Known Member

If you didn't check already:
    http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098192p1.html

16. jetjaguar

jetjaguar Member

im without a doubt buying this.

17. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Hey you ppl should know that games for the 3DS will be 2gb or something like that. I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing

18. tamorak

tamorak Member

Is this worth complaining about though?

Are you really saying you would prefer another gaming controller or handheld WITHOUT an analog stick? Of course there are going to be graphical improvements, but that's mostly because the DS had pretty terrible graphical capabilities from launch. I think the "fanboy" selling feature is the 3D environment, which as a lot of people mention in other forums and places it's not really that huge of a deal. I can only think of a few games where 3D would be pretty amazing which are pretty limited to Mario Kart, Metroid, and Pokemon (attack animations here more or less). Nintendo's "charm" has pretty much mostly been with the lavish 2D/3D cross over environment they present in their games (Think New Mario Brothers, Castlevania, Mario and Luigi), so graphical capabilities weren't that big of a deal to begin with.

19. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. My post is directed at the die-hard Nintendo fanboys who have preached about originality ad nauseam with the DS. Now that the 3DS has took some of the features from Sony PSP (as mentioned in my post), the fanboys can no longer use originality as their reason of basis for support for Nintendo.

20. tamorak

tamorak Member

Meh, their top sellers are still the ones that use the vibrant 2D/3D cross over form of graphical capacities.

I think Nintendo has learned a lot of things from the Gamecube generation when it moved into the Wii. Graphics are slightly more important than they originally thought, but the overall presentation is what's key. I can't think of a single first party software for either the Wii or DS that hasn't been looked amazing for the way it was handled.

The PSP also had a brick ton of features that were border-lined useless and in some cases poorly implemented. What comes close to mind is the PSP has a built in music player, thus making it a functional MP3 player, only downside is the lower battery life on the actual hand held makes it kinda stupid to use for general purposes and the size of it was too big to reliably fit in your pocket.

A camera, removable memory, and some border-line multi media software built in is something that should be expected. Consoles have also evolved too, it's silly to think we're just going to be getting gaming hand-helds and consoles from here on out. Since they didn't announce a full release date for the 3DS, it might have a few more side features into it as well.

The PSP was just to early in it's time to be accepted. If they would have never released the original PSP and just went with the Mini PSP it probably would have done significantly better. Then again, the original release of the PSP was also plagued with issues. The first DS buyers worried about a dead pixel or two, the first PSP users were worried about their entire $250 hand-held bricking on them for no apparent reason. It's also probably worth mentioning the price difference.