1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS Does Block Flashcarts

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by iluvfupaburgers, Feb 25, 2011.

1. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

Oh well, I'll buy the games that REALLY need buying (COME ON, PROF LAYTON X PHOENIX...GET TRANSLATED~!)...Other than that, a flashcart will be nice :D

2. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

yeah especially since each game is like 2 gigs

3. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

well the r4i works with the 3ds now which sucks lets hope nintendo stops them soon

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

one of the R4i carts does. There's quite a few different R4i carts. Personally I was hoping R4 named cards would never become compatible because they're a bitch to support due to the hundreds of different fakes.

5. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

Sorry, I was a bit mad with somebody else while writing that, and loony's posts came precisely while I had finished talking to them.

What I meant is: Sony released the PSP to compete with the DS. The DS has sold over 135 million systems worldwide, while the PSP has sold 62 million. Its mission was to compete with the DS. It failed. And pretty badly at that.

Now, the Virtual Boy and CDi... those weren't just failures, those were outright mistakes. Or from a more commercial standpoint, gigantic flops.

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

What? R4i already (kinda) hacked it? I hope this would be the case for the NGP!

7. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

test the ttdsi iplayer and ex4i for me (i will be testing them all as soon as i get a 4ds tho)

8. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

nintendo said that a remake (such as a 3ds lite) is unlikely but mabey they will do a battery upgrade?

9. xicyacex

xicyacex Well-Known Member

I don't think so.
    R4i is still working on 3DS.
    Here's the proof.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXU2W0ZOyNo&feature=player_embedded#at=28

10. lancer37

lancer37 New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVl0hmbAGU

Just gonna leave this here... Heh.

^Oh look, even more proof... Pfft. :p

Silly original poster is silly.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The thread was made before the flashcarts were able to function on the 3DS.

12. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

So my Acekard2i WILL work on the 3DS? If so, I'll trade in my XL and take advantage of GAME's offer to get a 3DS. I won't need to do some crazy update or modding, will I?

13. doughboy

doughboy Guest

14. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

in all fairness this is a bit of a no s*** sherlock we heard about this shortly after it was announced and anyway at 2gb a game you cant realy pirate the games unless you pay for loads of sd cards. (on a side note unless you have unlimited web you will go way over your limit as well).

15. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

this topic is kinda old. flashcarts already work on 3ds. and i dont if you heard but the psp has games that go to 1.7gb. and people manage to pirate it. there are sd cards of 32gb which is enough to store games. on my psp, ive had up to 80 games. and im guessing not all 3ds games will be 2gb. there were a few ds games that actually used up the whole retail cart memory

16. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

This is so true. 3DS today. im in england so was lucky. Went gamestation and he was given one for being an manager. They are so amazing.

17. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Thats sad actually.

My Original R4 doest support cards higher than 2 GB, and I don't believe that the Wood R4 will fix that.
    Will need to buy a new one >_>

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's hardware that limits that. As well as being able to play on the DSi/3DS. No NDS flashcart will work on a DSi/3DS.