1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Nintendo 3DS already hacked

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by tvo770, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

Too bad he doesn't have (or at least I can't find right now!!) a Facebook. I could add him and have him anytime!! Though I'm not 100% sure if you were sarcastic-ish in tone

2. Lephantome92

How long after the firmware update do ya think it'll be until flashcarts work?

3. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

i dont see why you want to waste your time using flashcards on the 3ds when it only just just come out

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Maybe there won't be.

5. Lephantome92

won't be new firmware or flashcarts?

6. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

considering how they can add new content with a firmware update, and remove that said content via another update, is an indicative of deceit.

Doesn't change the fact that I want one :(

7. Lephantome92

?
    I aslo want one. This is like one of the few systems I'll probs get new

8. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

I really want the 3DS because I see it's library is becoming AWESOME!

Hell After I read this

http://www.cubed3.com/news/14307

I creamed myself.This'll surely give me every reason to grab the 3DS now.

If flashcarts for 3DS that bypasses any anti piracy method Nintendo has implemented I'd buy it and the flash Cart in a heartbeat.

9. Lord_eagle

Lord_eagle New Member

Hi!
    is download playing with an r4 on a original nds with my 3ds illegal? by that i mean, will nintendo brick my 3ds if i download play with another person who uses r4?
    im very afraid of bricking my 3ds.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Using a flashcart to play a rom you do not own an original game for is illegal regardless of anything else. If you are using download play from someone else who is using a flashcart then you are not doing anything illegal, however they are. It is unlikely that nintendo will brick 3ds consoles for using flashcarts because if they did the resulting legal action would ruin them.

11. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

That ff5/6 article is old news. Not only that, but they're waiting to see how the 3ds does before they even begin development. That means if they DO start making ff5, it will be at least 2 years from now before we get our paws on it. I'm sure the 3ds will have a great library like the DS does, but basing it on that is probably not a good idea.

Honestly, I think I'd be happy with a lagless online crystal chronicles. Echoes of time really had a great way to make it last a really long time, if only the lag wasn't so horrible.

12. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by this?Are you saying it's illegal for Nintendo to brick ppl's consoles just by using flashcarts?How is that illegal?And if it was illegal then how come their doing just that to stop the piracy?

13. Lephantome92

Read above/on a previous page. I asked a professor who has his doctorate in law, so he know what he's saying when he said that Nintendo has legal rights to brick.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I studied law at university, and certainly in the UK they do not have that right, indeed, in France nintendo lost a court case for merely blocking flashcarts.

15. Lephantome92

Oh. Well, I guess things are different in the US. Should I ask him for the reference?

16. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I'd imagine he'd have working knowledge of US Law, seeing from his past posts. I myself find it unreasonable for Nintendo to render 3DS' useless from using a mere flashcarts. What if it was accidental?

17. klladude

klladude Member

Having inserted my AK2i into my brand new 3DS, it is read as the actual AK2i, and not Stormbreaker.

So, yea...uh...

18. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

You need to apply the 3DS update klladude.

This should help: http://gbatemp.net/t285168-acekard-2i-3ds-update?

19. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

I lol @ the fact that the Big N mole likes reading the forums of romsites, cart makers, and gbatemp.
    The thing is, if it wasn't for flashcarts, the systems would keep having huge security holes.
    So, in a way, both sustain the other. Shame I don't hack; being paid to hack to close security holes in firmware, and working for a company like Big N must pay well XD

20. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

im sticking to the dsi for roms and 3ds is my legit console