1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Newfound Hate for MMORPGs

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

About challenging people in a duel, it's funny when someone tries to challenge you AFTER you just started playing & are at level 1. Ofcourse because you know this guy is a higher level you would normally decline to dule. But the retard continues to pester you bombing you with a continuous duel request you are then left no choice but to accept. Naturally he beat you & then he'll reply "I didn't know you were just a n00b (or the more insulting weakling) player". Do'h! now who's the retard! ;D But I guess I can't complain because some high level PvPers & PKers masquerade as lowbies by wearing lowbie equipment. So in the end it's the game's programming at fault, there should be new rules in these games that does not allow one to wear lowbie equipment at certain levels or atlest give stat decreasing penalties when you wear lowbie stuff.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

or you can look at their level.

3. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

you guys should try perfect world international its free the admosphere is great and pvp is really just for fun

4. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

i've seen that here and there, but i really don't like downloading clients to play something
    besides, from what i've seen, though limited it is, sooner or later noobs will flood the game. unless, of course, there's something to prevent that. but i don't know

5. exodia910

exodia910 Active Member

Well, you can always play private WoW, find a good server that doesn't provide wacked out donation gear and ISN'T insane exp, but more like blizzard like exp. I've been playing private for a year or so, it's really fun because once you get to the max level 70 ,80 some still have 70, you have fun with a guild or friends doing events, raids, party dungeons or if your a real PvP fanatic you can always have some fun faction killing. PM me if you would like to play, I can help you get started if you want to.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Y'know what sucks in MMORPG's? Super events, if you miss them you lose out on so much and people of the same level are much ahead of you because of them... :/

7. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I skipped half this topic because, well, I can shit all over your opinions.

Guild Wars.

Max level is 20, there is no unstructured PvP so people can't run around and beat the shit out of you as you travel, there is little to no grind unless you're a glory whore that wants titles, and it's solid. Even with a somewhat declining playerbase. The economy is fairly stable because armour and some weapons are immediately customised to your own character. You don't have to play with other people at all, since if you're good enough any area can be cleared (although this isn't recommended in Hard Mode) with AI Heroes and Henchmen.

Your skills are always flexible - I can play a Fire Elementalist, then tweak my skills, point allocations and weapons in less than a minute in town and start zapping people with Air, Earth or Water spells - or even change my secondary class and use other caster skills.

You can be happy playing PvE or PvP, which are entirely seperate facets of the game. You don't need to grind for PvP - you get to make maximum level PvP-only characters capable of generating untradeable PvP items with max weapon stats, but that are only able to travel within and between the PvP areas. The PvP community itself is reasonably friendly.

There are NO FUCKING MONTHLY FEES.

Also, in regard to Perfect World - it's like a budget copy of WoW, or Runescape with mounts. Trust me. It's all grind and little fun. Me and a few mates tried it.

8. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

YEAH! Tactics Arena Online, that was fun... I lost most of the time because I had only basic units, but once I got a extra healer, and I won for once. Then I never really got back to playing it. But something that never got old to me is the jumpy, buggy, poorly programmed, yet somehow rediculously awesome X-men vs. Street Fighter Online, now Street Fighter online, but they still have some x-men.
    Chars. include: Ryu, Ken, Chun-li, Akuma, Sakura, Wolverine, ?Gambit?, Cyclops, and Sentinel. Maybe more...

I have had almost no bad experiences, but I have been severely beaten. Although I do manage to win at least 1/2 of the time.

Good joke suiseki(name shorten).
    You can't sh1t on an opinion, it's intangeable.

9. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

I used to play MMORPG's. I never really hated them, but usually got bored after a week or so. I don't have a problem with people that pester you, i just ignore them. The only thing I don't like too much is that most good MMORPG's will cost you money for full benefits. I hate that... people who pay have such a big advantage then those who have the free accounts.

10. Girogex

Girogex Guest

SMT: imagine online is the best MMORPG in my opinion, there's no "Oh I'm the god of mmorpgs I'm so sexy that all the girls and guys should want to lick my balls/vagina"

11. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

What gets on my nut about the current MMO market is that most things different from the WoW template fail and bankrupt their brilliant makers. I played Hellgate London for several months last year, settling into the game with it's sp then moving up to the full blown mp.
    They had designed the mp so incredibly well that most of the complaints list didn't apply. The game had a strong plot with lots of quests and side quests linked in. EVERYONE did the quests and noobs teamed up with masters to train up. It was effectively the utopia of MMOs and ithere are so many things i can't mention because of space.
    When I decided to go back to it a month/two ago,I found the company had gone bankrupt and their servers shutdown. The game was about 1 1/2 years old by this point. It was a free MMO (retail game though) but was killed by WoW's domination of the sector. I DID respect Blizzard as great developers before but nowadays...

Hellgate: London RIP My Beloved Child

12. Red_Manflame

Red_Manflame Member

lol i used to play ( i hate to admit it) runescape its fun and repetitive... repetitive... REPETITIVE and i like finished al;l quesst and then like members became a huge thing it drives me insane i wanted to do members stuff but they only et u get a taste and hope you continue to pay for crap

13. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Well, this comment was put badly but it is true, GuildWars is a very fair system and certainly has the best PvP for a game of its type.

14. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

After NCsoft put all their games up on Steam (great idea there), I was pretty much on the verge of buying Guild Wars. Of course I didn't and just continued to play Garrys Mod and Team Fortress 2.

Really the best way to play MMOs like WoW long-term would be to find a good private server so if there are any retarded idiots on there, you can report them because the admin will (probably) want to keep their server nice and clean.

15. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Four Words; PERFECT WORLD ONLINE INTERNATIONAL
    beyotches!

16. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Cahos, if you want to try out WoW for free, (for any amount of time) try a private server. I've mentioned the server that I play on several, several times on here, and it's the closest to blizz as possible with a few things to speed the most monotonous parts of the game, such as a teleporter to go from one main city to another, or ports to some of the raids since attunement was taken out, but the portals still won't let you in...like Onyxia's Lair.

You can download the installer and patches here:
    http://wow.rtkgaming.com/index.php/downloads/client
    rtkgaming is the server that I played on (my files are screwed up so I can't play correctly) :(
    I've been playing wow for quite some time now and I have not paid a CENT for any of it.
    This is one of the very few private servers that has a lot of support. We are constantly updating and this one doesn't have all of the tards linking/selling legendary items in world chat.

There's only a few things that I hate about MMORPGs and that is that it is absolutely mandatory (at least for WoW) that you have to party up with at least 5 people to experience the end game content. I also hate the fact that the more people that join in, the lesser chance of you getting anything. I also hate that just because I'm a druid (feral at that), they expect me to play healer. It's called get a frickin' priest or have the balance druid respec since his gear is mostly the same crap for resto!

EDIT: I'm not done, it's 5AM and I need sleep. I'll finish later.
    (Hey I found this thread!)
    I just installed flyff and I can already tell that I'm not really going to enjoy this game. As soon as I logged on, there's hundreds of people sitting right there spamming their crap to sell for USD. Wow...Also, because of these idiots, I get a disconnect in the first 3 minutes of playing and it's really laggy overall. I don't see how you guys can manage to play with that. I hate that their speech bubbles take up the entire screen, and you can't leave the general chat, which makes spamming even worse. At least in WoW, you can leave all chats, block all whispers, and pretty much be under the radar as far as chats go.

17. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

I'd disagree, I say 12sky2 (mayns version) has the best PvP system

The only unstructured PvP is against opposing factions, so you cant be a lvl 30 and get killed while training, you get killed when you try to invade/defend or go to a structured PvP hotspot (which are capped between 9 lvl intervals)

It's also one where you can change your class in an instant, and not be ANY worse off for it
    I started as a Light sword user and swapped to a Marbler (a range/mage class) in less then 20 secs of deciding to do so.

Anyway, I kinda ranted here :p