1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Newfound Hate for MMORPGs

Discussion in 'Rants' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Nov 24, 2008.

1. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I hate Runescape; too time consuming and dull...
    And pwn may have originated from chess because if you beat something with a pawn you have pawned their chess piece...
    And 'All your base' is genius

2. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

Runescape is fun only if you subscribe and even then it's mediocre. once i got high enough levels that was it for me. no point in continuing if i'm gonna spend the rest of my time training stats. still occasionally go on with my friends, but not so much.

i WOULD try WoW, i probably have the money for it to play for a while... but the one thing i do NOT have is time. Monday through Thursday, i can't play on the computer or the consoles downstairs. i find little point in paying around 20 bucks a month just to play for 8-10 days every time i pay. and usually not even that, cause i got lots of work

and yes cash shops are retarded if they kinda force you to buy the stuff in there

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

But in some games the Cash Shop items are mediocre un-essential stuff, take for example RF Online's Cash Shop items, mostly time activated power ups, ammunition & automatic ore mining tools, lame :p

4. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

Cash shop items are usually consumables that allows you to upgrade your items, very profitable for companies that franchise this games..lol

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Some of them are frivalous things like fashion sets that help "customize" your character according to your tastes, but some of them are worthless like the un-manned automatic mining tool in RF Online which by the way also requires a battery pack, another Cash Shop item.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I don't care about look; I care about being awesome and having an equal chance, that's why I don't challenge newbies

7. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

true..looks really doesn't matter. but when everything gets redundant, a refreshing breeze becomes a great need even if its unnecessary.

and i agree with you not challenging noobs, theres not much glory from crushing newbies in duels, PVP. although i would very much like it to beat them up half-dead in real life for being sore losers.

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yes, I like good graphics a lot but if the game is lacking it's not a good game
    And even the best can act like noobs, sore loosers and maybe even hackers...

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Because of Hackers alot of good MMO's got pulled out here.

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Some hackers steal accounts that some people put alot of work in...

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Not only that, they can strip your character of all your belongings & money then delete your character.

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It is truelly cruel. Though I managed to get all my stuff back when I got hacked as I contacted the owners and they found the ip address of the hacker and banned them. I was one of the first victims so they managed to bribe us so the story didn't scare off potential new gamers. I got some special member items ^_^

13. rush n kaos

you are real lucky man
    that depends. if it was a noob that was following you around for hell knows how long and he always manages to find you again, i think i'm gonna go ahead and own him and feel better while i'm at it. but yes, there is no glory from a planned fight (ie. you both agree to deathmatch or something)

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I know! My armor was shining and it gave me super power ups and I got a 10x multiplyer for my experience!

15. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

When I first heard about MUDs and MMORPGs, I thought about a game like Legend of Zelda with 50 people running around on the map(Graal). Close, but too slow, are my thoughts about most of these that I have played. I just wish that more online games were based more on actual skill rather than time spent on character. Although that time should give a small advantage, and extra options of course. But what do I know, I'm just some guy.
    Does anyone remember a chesslike game? It was a tactics game, like Final Fantasy Tactics, but online. Can anybody think of the name? It escapes me. That was one of the few I actually like, probably the only one aside from Phantasy Star Online vol. 1 & 2(I still have the Original Dreamcast vol. 1 disk).

16. rush n kaos

does it happen to be called Tactics Arena Online? i played it a few times, but always get my butt owned cause i suck at it so bad

17. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM Member

I started playing WoW a month after it's release, and since about 2 months ago, I stopped playing it. I look back at all that time spent playing (over 4 years), and while it was enjoyable, I really saw just how much time I wasted, not to mention all that money spent. I don't hate the game, but I can't see myself going back to it anytime soon, even though my friends ask me every month about coming back and joining the raids with them.

18. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

TL:DR version at bottom of post

I can say with certainty after playing over 100 free and payed MMORPGs that its the constant interaction with 5 year olds that ruin MMORPGs
    Runescape was my first ever MMORPG, i played since classic and had fun, because the majority of players were smart and kind, making the repetitive game a lot more enjoyable
    over the years RS got "better" but the noobs started pouring in
    Recently I just couldn't take it, after playing on and off since it first came out I just dropped it.
    People were being bitched at for having a fletching cape (fletching is making arrows and bows) and proclaimed it was "too easy to count, anyone who has one is a noob", the irony is that these same people are too stupid to even manage to get ANY skillcape, and they think they can insult someone purely because they're better then them

Then theres the retards who think they are better because they're combat level is higher, yep doesnt matter that I've 99ed almost everything, but your CB level is 1 higher then mine and you haven't done ANY skills or quests.
    and people who frown at prayer, hey, just cos im smart and patient enough to get myself a skill that ultimately gives me temporary invincibility doesn't make me a cheater, your just a douche for not using it.

anyway enough of my RS rant onto the other RPGs

Mabinogi, was great for a little, until started being insulted for, wait for it, using a skill, why do people in these games hate everything that isn't combat? I want to play my lute then I WILL play my lute, dont like it? switch channels or go away!

Shaiya, Twelvesky, 9dragons, lastchaos, xiah rebirth, WoW, etc, all suffer the same problems, people claiming to be gods because they are better then you in one thing, regardless that your better in every other thing possible.
    I actually got banned from a private server once because I beat the admin in PVP, again one of the few times strategy prevails over stats and im banned for it.

enough with MMORPGs, the people on the other end are all retarded

TL:DR version: MMORPGs suck because the other people in the game hate those better then them

19. rush n kaos

and that's the reason i practically quit playing that game. the only time i ever go on is during the slower times when most of the place is empty so i don't hear people calling me stuff like skill noob, pray noob, etc... and like you say, high skills and low combat isn't noob. i very well believe that it's MUCH harder to get all non-combat capes compared to just the combat ones!
    cause for combat, guess what? wear some heavy defense, go into somewhere where things auto target you, and you can sit there for ages auto training while you do homework or something

well what can i say? that admin is probably a total douche and thinks he must be the god of his server or else it's the end of the universe

very well put. we don't play MMORPGs to get flamed at from some random guy that happens to think he is god. we play cause it's fun. and these guys bomb it for people like us that's just trying to relax after a not so good day

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I was playing wow with some kid who decided he wanted to dual me. As he was only slightly higher level than I was (he was a balance spec druid, I was an enhancement shaman) I agreed, and I beat him flat. he couldnt believe it and demanded a replay, in which I beat him again. Only after I beat him a third time did he accept that I won. The problem was that he wasn't playing his class properly. He repeatedly tried to root me, well that was pointless because shamans aren't a melee class. when he tried a big cast I dropped an earthshock totem that stunned him, or a grounding totem that absorbed the attack, all the while he was being assaulted by my flame/frost shocks and a searing totem that was throwing fireballs at him. Plus I had a healing totem as well. Had he gone feral and used his bear form to tank me, or his cat form to dps and stop me casting/force me to melee him, then he could well have won. He had the level advantage, if not the equipment advantage as well.