1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Romulation Layout!? Thoughts and opinions on it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by musiclegend14, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The one thing that I would like changed is that the Forum button takes us directly to the forum rather than a submenu.

Also, it would require less clicks to get somewhere if rather than clicking on a button to take me to the submenu, just highlight the button and the submenu appears, and click on it to take me to a page where I can select a subpage. Kind of like what it used to be with the ROMs, when clicking on Downloads would take me to a page with thumbnails for each of the sections.

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Bookmark the forum...

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I've tried that before, it's EXTREMELY annoying, you never move your mouse in a straight line, so if your cursor passes through one of the other buttons then the menu changes.

Anyway, we didn't design the site based on what would require less clicks, but rather what made the most sense and what made the site easier to use.

4. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Well, I missed the old side bar... The new site looks "empty" without it. Well, I guess it'll take some time to adapt...

Anyway the site codes seems better and I love the direct roms & search page.

Well, you could improve the search by making a pulldown menu beside the search bar so when we search like "pokemon" the search page didn't spam results for 5 consoles.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The search bar on all pages is basic search, if you want advanced search then use actual search page, there's a drop down there.

6. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Well, didn't notice it at first. The new layout has lots to explore =)

But yeah. I'll love the new site even more with the home console search ala Gamefaqs. Well, their database was much larger than romulation so it's basically needed.

But the current basic search bar is enough anyway. Good job there!