1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NEW PS3 vs. XBOX 360 vs. WII *POLL*

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Arcwolf09, May 21, 2010.

?

which do you think is the better system?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2010.
  1. PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. XBox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

The controls were already shit. My point is, it's a GCN game, not a Wii game, the only reason they spent a year putting it on the Wii and delaying the GCN one, while adding crappy controls, was so people would buy the Wii and TP on the Wii, it will always be a Gamecube game. Adding a button press waggle doesn't make it a Wii game.

2. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand your logic behind that.
    But I digress.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can get anything from GC (not really emulation) down to Atari. And even Pong. :)
    All you have to do is install the Homebrew Channel. That simple.

4. Yutrzenika

Oh, it involves a Mod Chip? Nevermind then. I thought it was like Jailbreaking an iPod, but I don't want to risk breaking my Wii, or bricking it.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No, it's not a mod-chip. You're just installing a few files that are necessary to run Homebrew.
    Check here - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411
    It doesn't cost a dime and I soft-mod my Wii more everyday. Haven't bricked it yet and I replaced nearly every IOS on that thing. :p

6. Yutrzenika

Oh, I misread. I thought it said you needed one. Might have to give it a try then.
    Really though, all I want to do is play GBA games on something other than this crummy laptop. I know that one DS Flashcart can, that iPlayer or whatever it's called. Is that thing worth getting to play GBA games on?

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I would highly suggest it.
    There's a list of emulators on the bottom of the first post.

8. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Your all deviating from topic. I dont want another one of mine locked. :-[

9. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

My 360 came with one, and when I bought another controller it came with another one ($5 cheaper also). Wireless Controller = $50, Play and Charge = $20, but it came with both for $65. I do like the PS3's USB charge though.

10. sylar1000

My logic is, Sword attacking on the Wii version of TP feels like you're pressing the A button to attack, it doesn't count as a Wii game because it was suppose to be a GCN game. They only put it on the Wii so that the Wii would have a Zelda game, a high selling game on the console. They delayed the GCN version so that the GCN and Wii versions would come out around the same time. It will never be a Wii game, even if it comes in a Wii case, it's still a Gamecube game. All they did was tack on button pressing motion sensor for the game and flipped the map, Because of that shit, it will never be a Wii game to me, Ever.

Mine didn't i don't think. So it would still cost money for the average person if they bought it.

11. Yutrzenika

Well with that logic, I guess you could say Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, as well as a lot of other Wii games are GCN. But whatever, I digress.
    Speaking of GCN, I never got why the Acronym for it was GCN. That would be like "Game Cube Nintendo". I called it "NGC" for the longest, because "Nintendo Game Cube" just sounded better.

Anyways, as I said, the one thing I don't like about PS3s USB Controller Charge is that the PS3 has to be on for it to charge, and if your like me, which is a bit of a pain considering the length of the damn cable. I have my TV up on a table, and I don't want to sit right in front of, and below my TV so I can play while it charges, and I ain't cluttering up the room by moving my Chair closer (I have my games up in an attic, so it's very close quarters) to the TV. If they had a nice, long cable in which to charge the controller, and comfortably play at the same time, then I would buy it. But I end up just leaving my PS3 on so my Controller can charge, which probably isn't good for the electrical bill.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

IMO, I preferred the Wii version of Twilight Princess, the motion controls for the arrows and weapons that required aiming felt a lot better than doing it on the GC.

13. Yutrzenika

I thought the same too.

14. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

Yes, I also had a fun time playing Twilight Princess on Wii. One of the best on the Wii. :p

15. sylar1000

Yes, because both SMG 1 and 2 were originally GCN games and were then brought to the Wii like Twilight OH WAIT, THEY WEREN'T! My point is, sword attacking on Wii TP is literally button pressing waggle, the only reason it was even put on the Wii was to get both of them more sales, the controls were literally tacked on just to try to make use of the motion controls. I don't know how i can be any clearer.

I'm fine with some GCN games on the wii, like RE4, the controls for that ruled, i also loved the controls for MP3. Also, It's GCN since that was the japanese acronym for it i think, it makes sense in japan.

Yep, its great that his main weapon, the Master Bow and...... oh wait, the bow and arrow wasn't his main weapon, the master tacked on sword control is. It's your opinion, i'm not gonna argue with it. I just think that if were gonna delay a game i wanted to play for a fucking year, so they could shoehorn it onto the Wii, they shouldn't have tacked on his "motion controlled" sword controls.

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You make it sound like the worst thing in the world. It's really not, it's not so out of the way or makes your wrist tired (if it really does, use your wrist more during masturbation or something idk).

The aiming made the control for the arrows and the hookshot a lot more precise and a lot quicker. It's annoying trying to line up a shot with the GC controller.

Also it's a Wii game the same way Super Mario Advanced is a GBA game.

17. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

WTF is wrong with you? Not everyone is in "bliss". Your just twisted in your mind that every nation that is not yours deserves to be destroyed.

18. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

i dont even understand what he means

19. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

He is talking about war with the Japanese and The U.S. and that that we should have anything to do with them.

20. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I have a big long list of words to describe people like that, but i dont want to get banned.
    I will just say this - grow up