1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NEW PS3 vs. XBOX 360 vs. WII *POLL*

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Arcwolf09, May 21, 2010.

?

which do you think is the better system?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2010.
  1. PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. XBox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

PS3is by Japanese,do want world war II to repeat again?(this is coming from someone who loves JRPG)

2. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

...What?

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

WTF?
    my dad drives a bmw, does that also mean ww2 is gonna start again?

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Was the console wars for the retro consoles as heated as this?

And as poor as I am, 100$ isn't that much for a year.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, I guess you weren't around when it was sega vs nintendo.

Sega being cool, nintendo being just "fun".

Sega really rubbed it in with sonic.

6. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

the snes owned the megadrive, i had both, i only ever played snes though.
    simcity took away months of my life.
    ah, the good old days :)

7. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Well, I did play every retro console, at my friend's almost dead grandfather's house.

I love Nintendo more.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Nintendo is all about the family and togetherness, it choose to focus on family entertainment, even before it actually started making video games (from hanafuda cards which attracted yakuza attention, love hotels to laser pigeon shooting) it was what the aimed for.

Sure there is the odd M game, only because the concept (like metroid prime) would be universal, and the theme can't be dumbed down to "family" friendly standards (serious-imagine if metroid was "restrained" like pokemon-OH NOES!).

Though they went too far forcing midway to omit some of the gore on mortal kombat back in the snes days...have a look at the lack of blood and look at sub zero's fatality in the mega drive AND the snes version, big differance.

9. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

If the Wii had a version of Twilight Princess, it would have shitty, tacked on controls, It also probably would of may or may not made the GCN version get delayed for a damn year. Therefore it's because if the Wii version existed, it would suck and annoy me. Therefore i refuse to admit such a version of the game for the Wii exists

10. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

I like all three, like I said in my previous post, but I swing towards the 360.

Why?

I'm 17 years old, still in High School. Almost all my friends own a 360, but I do also have a PS3. 87 of my 100 friends on 360 I know in person, they go to school or they are family. On my PS3, I have about 10 friends and I don't even have a headset to communicate. Hardly anyone who lives by me doesn't own one. Yeah there's Blue Tooth, but it sounds horrible. Yes, the PS3 has amazing exclusives and it also has Bluray. But to me, I like things a bit organized and user friendly. The PS3's menu is so messy and confusing, it's hard to find stuff. I'm sure you can get used to it, but it's annoying to start off.

The 360 has problems and that's pretty much just the system breaking down. But look at all the good things, party chat, talking with your friends. The 360 did have Netflix, Facebook, last.fm all before PS3 did.

Most people who like PS3 and not 360 is because they don't even own one, or they don't play online games as much. Most people who've been playing Final Fantasy/Single Player and all those games their life think the 360 is all filled with Halo fags and whatnot.

What I noticed is that on Modern Warfare 2 on PS3, everyone is low level and low prestiges. Don't have mics and aren't really that great at the game. However if you play on 360 frequently, there are a million of tenth prestiges and people who play the game a lot.

Another thing to compare, the internet. Sure, PS3 is free, but I notice a lot of people just keep making new accounts usually for FPS and stuff. For 360, yeah you have to pay, but it's well worth it. I go and buy 13 months of membership for $45. Anyone with a job can make that in about a day of work. Working a day and playing for over a year is well worth it.

So to say, basically anyone who owns a PS3, doesn't have a 360 and vice versa. I own both and realize the differences. I have a PS3 for bluray and the exclusives. I don't play any games online because I have no one to play with or they're on 360 also.

I do enjoy them both though, but I play 360 about 70% more than I do PS3, because all my friends are on 360. If you do look on YouTube, or videos etc, people in this stupid console war, look at their ages. 360 users generally be about maybe 18 or younger, PS3 have more older folk. It's just what I noticed, maybe you have a PS3, but it's just from my knowledge.

The only exclusive games I liked on PS3 were MGS4, Uncharted, God of War 3, and Heavy Rain. Other than that, most games were on multi-console so I got them for 360. Gameplay wise, multi-console games are almost identical for me, I don't nitpick with like little lag spikes or graphic errors, they're still video games.

The 360 communicates with it's community, by updating on news on the dashboard, having videos and every week, interviewing gamers. When I turn on my PS3, I just see the same old menu. Plus, it's sort of annoying to install and save things on the PS3 hard drive, it takes a while.

Edit: And I'm guessing why people like PS3 more than 360 on here is because everyone is probably living by themselves or something, or at least can take care of things by themselves. Like I mentioned earlier, played a lot of RPGs, loved the PS2, but just kept to themselves. So they got a PS3, realizing they don't know that much people who got a 360, or could care less about talking with people. This is an emulation/rom forum, so most people here know a bit more on electronics or the geek speak that you wouldn't want to talk about outside of your computer. Which leads me to think that's why they don't like the 360, they could care less about communication and the experience.

11. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

WITH PS3 YOU GET: More power, internet browser, free online play, wi-fi, rechargeable controllers, blu-ray player, and a ps1 as well.

Also go to a gamestop and compare the condition of the ps3 games to the 360 games. The front loading disc-drive is way better for your games. they get messed up in the tray-style disc drives.

and I argue that ps3 is cheapest of the consoles. It's 100 more on the shelf, but keep in mind no internet fees, batteries to buy, or extra parts to play the game you want like wii. So that 100 you save goes right out the door to run your online-play and controllers.

and i would love to see a poll of how many of us have had to send our consoles in for repair, but i doubt people would poll honestly.

12. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

You can recharge 360 controllers too...it's called a Play and Charge, I never use actual batteries, but the battery pack itself. I don't get why people say "More Power", does the PS3 do like 300 more damage or something? The 360 can also play Xbox games also.

I've never had a messed up disc, that's if you're careless about your console and move it around. It even tells you not to move the 360 when a disc is in. I've sent in my 360 once for repair, that was in 2008. I've had mine since 2006 and everything has been perfectly fine.

I bet you don't own a 360. I own both a PS3 and 360 and I prefer the 360.

Edit: And the internet fee, it's not even that much. $45 for 13 months. Like I said in my post, 1 day of work can get you $45 and that's way worth for a year. Plus, they keep everything organized and are user friendly. The communication and experience is what the PS3 doesn't have.

13. sylar1000

Yeah but you have to buy the play and charge kit, ps3 controllers are free charging

14. Yutrzenika

The trade off for the online being free is the online being shit. a 1 gig download takes an hour, but on 360 it takes half an hour, or less. Nobody really even uses internet browsers on their consoles anyways. The controllers, while rechargeable, don't last that long.

Seriously? The controls we're fine, say that to the people who actually did play it. If you think the Twilight Princess controls we're bad, then you must think the controls for every Wii game are bad.

15. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

The controllers do last a long time my Ps3 controler last about 3 days of constant use.

16. Yutrzenika

I guess I just don't charge mine often enough. That's the thing I hate is that you can only charge it when the PS3 is on, and the cord is too short to play comfortably (For me anyways), and I really don't want to leave it on to charge it.

17. sylar1000

No, The Controls was basically a delayed button press, thats exactly what it was and felt like. It felt nothing like actual motion controlled Wii game.

18. Yutrzenika

Oh, OK, so you we're expecting it to take full advantage o the Wii's controls, even though the Wii had JUST come out, and you wanted every movement you make you wanted link to make? Because if it we're like that, with the Wii having just come out, the controls would have been shit. The first games on the release of a brand new console aren't going to be perfect.
    But really, I don't see what the big deal is.

19. darknova91230

darknova91230 Active Member

Hehe, the only reason I like the Wii is because its the easiest to hack.

20. Yutrzenika

What kind of Hacks can you get for the Wii anyways? Can you get a GBA Emulator for it?