1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NEW PS3 vs. XBOX 360 vs. WII *POLL*

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Arcwolf09, May 21, 2010.

?

which do you think is the better system?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2010.
  1. PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. XBox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Ps3 will have new PS Move controls out soon as well

2. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

also i hate what sony did to the new ps3, no more backwards compatability :eek: good thing i have the old school ps3 8)

its funny how nobody is fighting for the wii ;D

3. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

not really its universal knowledge the wii has lost all power as a console with Natal and Ps Move coming out.

4. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

the ps move actually looks pretty cool its tottaly going to wipe out the wii ;)

5. Chdonga

Chdonga Well-Known Member

Yes, like Banjo Nuts & Bolts, Kameo, and a butt load of generic first person shooters.
    Like it costing $50 to use.
    BWAHAHA! Don't make me laugh. Multiplatform games are usually worse quality on 360 and they usually suck either way. And Final Fantasy whatever sold higher for the PS3, so don't even say that the 360 has better multiplatform games.
    I don't give two shits about online game communities. The only decent online game is Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

6. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Yup, this is what I was talking about. Some fanboy going "LOL MY CONSOLE IS BETTER THAN
    YOURS."

Oh yeah, and PS3 totally doesn't have generic action games, nope, not at all. *COUGH*HAZE*COUGH*MGS4*COUGH*GOD OF WAR*COUGH*

Oh yeah, because $50 once a year is SUCH a big deal, right? Yup, must suck paying for all that awesome content, like Netflix on demand movies and TV, online gaming, downloadable game stuff, and it not taking hours to download like PS3.

I've played lots of multiplatform games on both PS3 and 360, and they're almost always the same in terms of experience. The only exception is that FF XIII on PS3 has one disc, and 360 has 3 discs, but they're still the same shitty game on both consoles, and if swapping between 3 discs in 20 hour intervals is such a nuisance then I think you need to maybe put down the controller for a bit. The only reason it sold better on PS3 is because A) People are too lazy to switch Discs, and B) Because Final Fantasy games on Playstation is what people are used to playing it on.
    I also know for a fact that Orange Box (And a few other games) on PS3 has shit frame rate in comparison to it on 360, and then GTA IV, and Prince of Persia on PS3 had their fair share of problems when they launched, but not on the 360.

As I have stated in the past, I have ALL THREE CONSOLES. I've played games on all of them, so I base my statements and opinion based on the experiences I've had with each console, instead of going into a biased, idiotic, fanboyistic rant because I think one is better than all of them. So maybe do your research before making biased remarks.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

inb4 Alan Wake, Gears, Mass Effect, Viva Pinata (screw you I love this game), Crackdown, Fable, Forza, and all the XBLA exclusive games (like Shadow Complex, The Maw, and Splosion Man, there's a lot more too).

I also wouldn't call Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted (gameplay wise) exactly innovative or not generic. Resistance is a run of the mill shooter, Killzone's interesting in the first person cover mechanic but that's as far as that gets, and Uncharted (it's a shooter, and you meant shooter) is pretty generic from a gameplay perspective (although the story and set pieces are cool and fun).

And having faster download speeds in general, party chat, custom background music in EVERY GAME, integrated achievements (none of that loading crap like in the PS3's trophy system), Last.fm, Zune marketplace (which is available for EVERYONE). The money goes towards the hosting of the content, Microsoft handles that, the devs do not, but on the PS3, the devs host the content, which means worse servers in general.

Also 50$ a year is very little.

The hell are you smoking? First of all, I said most multiplat games are better on the 360. The only ones that are better on the PS3 that I can think of is Dragon Age and FFXIII (both are higher res and Dragon Age has better textures BUT at the cost of frame rate), all the other multiplat games are better looking on the 360. Be it a higher resolution than 640p or slightly better looking textures.

And I wasn't really talking to you. And seriously? A game that's still a lag fest? C'mon.

8. Yutrzenika

You pretty much said what I said, except said better. XD

But I don't think it will matter what we say to him, he will likely keep his biased views.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'm willing to bet he doesn't have a 360. All three are good consoles, the people without them just want to justify their purchases by having unjustified hate.

10. Yutrzenika

Yeah, pretty much. This whole "Console War" thing really pisses me off. People should quit bitching about how "Gay" or "Shitty" other consoles are and stick to playing their own to save others the annoyance.

11. eneru112

eneru112 Member

I voted PS3 because I've never even touched the other 2 systems.

12. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

ANYWAY its ok to have a favorite consol but i have played them all and i own wii and Ps3. I agree that Xbox does have better internet and no Xbox is not of the higest HD quality. PS3 always puts out 720p or higher. And the fact that your console will die every other month is very disconcerning, Thus you have to pay for a new one which puts out the fact that Ps3 costs more (or did).

13. agxthesorrow

agxthesorrow Well-Known Member

I Voted for the Xbox 360... yeah it had a annoyingly high failure rate... but the console boost incredible visuals, awesome games and a kick-ass control. all spiced by the well-but expensive Xbox Live.
    And the Red ring of death is completely reparable with the Reballing system. and completely Avoided with the use of an internal Cooler with it's own power plug cable.

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Red Dead Redemption, Bayonetta, GTAIV, CoD3/4/MW2, AvP, Alone in the Dark, Avatar, Bionic Commando, Bioshock, Call of Juarez, Dark Sector, Darksiders, Darkness, Dead to Rights: Retribution, Def Jam Icon, Far Cry 2, Fracture, Ghostbusters, Guitar Hero (all of them), Haze, Lord of the Rings: Conquest, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, MK vs DC, MX vs ATV: Untamed, Ninja Gaiden: Sigma 2, Prototype, Ratchet & Clank (ToD and CiT), Saint's Row 2, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope, Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6 , Terminator: Salvation, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, etc.

The games I've listed all here are below 720p, and are all the PS3 versions (granted the 360 has sub HD games too). Also, I can't believe you said this after I said that some games are sub HD on the PS3. Also a lot of PS3 games don't have Anti Aliasing, because the specs on the PS3 aren't really tailored for it, while on the 360, it can have AA effects without it taking a lot of resources.

Also you can use you're same argument on the 360, it can display 720p and 1080p, but not all games are of those resolutions.

Also you don't have to pay for another Xbox, as there's a 3 year manufacturer's warrant. Which is a lot more than a PS3's manufacturer's warranty.

15. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

I own a wii, but I am still picking PS3. The wii has some good games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime Trilogy, super mario galaxy 1/2, Legend of Zelda twilight princess, and new super mario bros. wii, but thats IT!!! PS3 has a blu-ray player along with the ability to play PS2 games (kingdom hearts/final fantasy XD) and it has Free online. And Iv'e played Halo so many times at my friends house that I want a PS3

16. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I would actually choose all 3, as its the games and not the console alone that helps me make a decision.

17. Yutrzenika

Yeah, there should be an option for all 3.

18. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I wonder why.... ::)

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Why's that bad exactly? Sure the system breaks, but you can get it replaced for free. You can't do that with the PS3 unless you pay for the warranty.

20. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

XD you listed Twilight Princess, a Gamecube game as a Wii game. It will NEVER be a Wii game, EVER.