1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NEW PS3 vs. XBOX 360 vs. WII *POLL*

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Arcwolf09, May 21, 2010.

?

which do you think is the better system?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2010.
  1. PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. XBox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

PS3,but both 360 and PS3 are good,i have both :)

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

the ps3 is the superior console, no doubt about that, it does everything the 360 does and more.
    however, its still expensive and so are the games.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Except the 360 does/has things the PS3 does not.

4. msg2009

yes it breaks

i have a 360 but its only because the games are cheap, its actually my 3rd 360, they keep dying

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Wrong.

PS3's break also. <- basing this off of wording of post, I'm aware the 360 failure rate is a lot higher.

Also the 360 has it's own set of good exclusive games, along with the Xbox Live features (that make it better than PSN). Also don't forget that 90% of multiplatform games are better on the 360, and the online community is a lot larger than PSN and talks a lot more than PSN.

6. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

360 fanboy if you love it so much why dont you marry it and every console has exclusives and multiplatform games are pretty much the same on any console you xbox was thrown together in 5 mins microsoft didnt even make their own hard drive

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I picked the 360, it has the most games i want to play.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I wasn't attacking the PS3, I was defending the 360. I'm clearly aware the PS3 has exclusives, I didn't say that it didn't and I said it had it's own set of good exclusives.

There's minor differences for most multiplat games, the PS3 usually gets the worse version (sub HD, lower res textures, lower frame rate, frame rate drops etc), although a lot of times it's negligible.

Sony didn't make their own hard drives either.

I own all three consoles, I don't rate one higher than the other, they're all equal because they're all different in a lot of ways.

9. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I dunno, I rarely see much in the way of updates for the thing. I mean yeah, there's the common Game Trailer, but I don't see demos very often. If I go on my PS3 right now, and go into the page with the new content, I will probably find week old stuff close to the top of the page. Although this just might vary on location, I know that PSN in the states gets more than that of PSN in Canaca (We don't get on demand movies and such).
    And then I didn't say there wasn't any communication at all, I just said it was lacking, I guess it's mainly because you have to get a special PS3 Headset, where as 360 you can use any old Phone Headset. I had the headset with warhawk, but lost the charging cable for it, but I much prefer a basic cable headset, not the wireless ones, I just find them more comfortable and such.

Sony did admit they were done playing "Catch-Up" with Microsoft at one point, that is in terms of Online.
    The only real things I don't like about PSN are the lack of store updates (This is from my personal experience, as I had also stated)as I had previously mentioned, and the lame selection of Arcade games. But I LOVE on demand PSP games (I've downloaded like 4 games for my PSP off of it), the PSP exclusive Arcade Games, and the fact that you can download comics.
    But I digress.
    As I stated before, I am happy with my Wii, PS3, and 360, they each have good things about them, and some bad things, but for the most part the good outweigh the bad for all three

10. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I had my PS3 since it came out and it never once broke. It has started to freeze lately but thats because of age. The hardware is solid.

11. msg2009

xbox live is better.
    i think the ps3 is the better console though. take the other things away and just compare the consoles the ps3 is best.
    im sticking with my xbox though for the cheap games

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'll be the one to say that the PS3 is a better value than the 360 at it's price point of 300 dollars. Blu-Ray player and video game console at $300 is a good deal.

13. PS3 is the best 4ever.

Ps3 gamer 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

14. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

The only reason you pay for xbox live is because of the amount of people that go online, its just to much people to make xbox live free

Im sure that if psn got a lot more people joining then they would start charging

and also ive noticed that people who love the ps3, keep buying the 360 after it already broke twice
    i'm sure you wont be as willing to get a new ps3 if that broke

EDIT: I also have 4 friends at school who got the yellow light crap on the ps3

15. Yutrzenika

Yeah, normally a blu-ray player costs the same price as a PS3, but you get that all in one. AND it has built in wifi.

16. milkmycats

milkmycats New Member

Back when I only had a 360 I used to be one of those kids who would argue nonstop that it was best. Eventually I got my own ps3 and I realized I only argued because I was ignorant. I was only defending it because it was the newest console I had, and I wanted to justify spending money on it.

They're both good consoles, but I use my ps3 much more often. It has a nice selection of exclusives, and I enjoy not having to pay to go online. However, many ps3 ports suffer framerate problems or other issues. Another thing to mention is how many 360 games are also on PC, which I would much rather play them on.

Actually, the best thing about the 360 is the controller. It's incredibly comfortable, but I dislike being forced to either buy batteries for it or getting a charger.

17. Yutrzenika

I just have some rechargeable batteries. :p
    But yeah, I HATE the PS3 controller. I have one of the faulty earlier controllers without the rumble, so with it being a PS3 controller it's small, and uncomfortable, since it's faulty, the one control stick makes me move either forward or backwards constantly, and then it doesn't have rumble because Sony had a goddamn brain seizure and thought Rumble was old, useless and archaic even though it's been in use forever in video games. And then I prefer 360s stick placement and feel of the buttons.

18. takashi615

takashi615 New Member

PS3 has Built in Blue ray player. VidZone, Catch Up TV, Mubi, Bluetooth built in. Lasts long too. I also prefer the dualshock controller. Also the PSP to the PS3 stuff thats cool.

But compared to this....
    Xbox360 has DVD & Wifi and USB (NOT BUILT IN) bluetooth. Also a huge controller o_O Death is quick for the Xbox360 too.

Which would you buy ???

19. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

PS3 is in the lead by alot if there are any Xbox fanboys out there i would hope you would bring it back up.

20. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

Natal+360 slim+Reach= Shit load of units. the difference between 360 and PS3 is when Msoft releases a system selling game they actually sell systems. Sony releases God of War 3 and FF13 in the same month and only sell a couple more thousand units. A lot of people will get the xbox 360, recommend it to their friends so they have people to play with, so in other words if the ps3 is in the lead WORLDWIDE (which it is obviously not) it wont be soon

and i alternate between both systems every week so dont say im an xbox fan boy