1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Pokemon games: Pokemon White 2 and Pokemon Black 2

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by maxmahito, Feb 26, 2012.

1. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_and_White_2_revealed_on_Pok%C3%A9mon_Smash!
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/
    http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/?a001=msign

THEY ARE ANNOUNCED!!

Pokemon White 2 and Black 2 announced! According to the official site, these games will be released in June 2012 in Japan.
    US and European releases to be done during Autumn of 2012.

So, who are the new mascots? kyurem? keldeo? No-no-no~
    The new mascots are Black Kyurem and White Kyurem - The combination of Zekrom and Kyurem (Zekyurem :p)
    and Reshiram and Kyurem (Reshyurem :p).Looks like DBZ influenced pokemon makers too(Vegito, Gogeta and Gotenks xD)

With these new anticipations in air, if these new games turn out to be the sequels of the original black and white, it would be the first time in history that Pokemon mainstream games will see direct sequels.A good enough reason for fans to Rejoice!!

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

:)

Nice. Get ready dumpers.

3. Mr.PowPow

Mr.PowPow Well-Known Member

So if these are direct sequels, then obviously if you are playing as your old character then they would need to explain how you no longer have all your old pokemon (stolen?) or if you are playing as a different youth, your objective is to (as always) beat the pokemon league, but your old character became the champion, so wouldn't that mean they would have to for the first time ever create a character that represents a character that all people chose in the past? I dunno, I'm just wondering what they are gonna do with it~

4. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Finally, they ran out of colors to use. :p

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

It's confirmed to be a sequel but no one said it was a direct one.

6. Lea-Gamer

Lea-Gamer Well-Known Member

Just when I thought they couldn't be anymore unoriginal...
    It raise a question though; Is Kyurem the form of Reshiram & Zekrom before they became two different Pokemon?

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Interesting turn of event, knowing that at least there is still nice game to anticipate for the NDS.
    However, I haven't even completed the existing PKM B/W, simply because its getting boring to play the repetitive monotonous battles.

8. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

My money says they'll be shit :p

9. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal would like to say hello.

10. steelcomet

steelcomet Well-Known Member

Well, Crystal was basically an updated version of Gold and Silver.

What maxmahito was trying to say was that it will be the first pokemon games that continue off of the previous games, Black and White.

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

..... so instead of one 3rd version, we got 2 3rd version >.>

they are really going all out to milk the pokemon fans....

12. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

can i say YAWN?

i was hoping for the development of 3ds Powkeemonz (hoping they take the annoying bit-sound out)

aah will see how this one goes, but not expecting greatness out of this one

13. maxmahito

Well, yeah.But, many are anticipating these would be direct sequels since they named it Black and white 2.

Yeah, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are two different pokemon other than reshiram, zekrom and kyurem.I read it on Serebii, by the way.

That's the case from Pokemon Blue xD

This can be played on 3DS too in 2D mode xD.Joking, I expected the newer games to be for 3DS too, but it's half happy and half sad position for me.Happy because if the game turns out to be shitty, no need to buy it as nds games can be emulated.
    Sad because if it was 3D game, I would have bought my 3DS for these games ;)

UPDATE:European versions of the new games announced to be released during Autumn of this year.Pretty much faster tham our expectations.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

According to Pokemon database sites like "Bulbapedia"...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kyurem

15. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

This was...Unexpected?

16. maxmahito

What was?

17. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

finally did some reading on the new game and it look like... DNA digivolution?

also Black 2 should have White Kyurem as mascot..

18. Ishimaru

Ishimaru Member

Well I'm not suprised about a new Kyurem-as-a-mascot game, since Freeze Shock and Ice Burn weren't assigned moves yet.
    What surprises me is that there will be two of them, I suspect kinda like rotom formes...

19. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

So no Pokémon Grey?
    Ah well, this will be the last time I'll go on a new adventure with my ds then.

20. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

A direct sequel to Black and White. I'm pretty sure no one saw this coming. Don't get me wrong though. It's still great news. I wonder what they did differently though. Besides add in a few new legendaries...