1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Nintendo DS Coming OUT!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by eddie jayco, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

Been reading about this today.

I think as long my DS works ok, I won't be changing it.

Inclusion of a camera is a bit daft. I have a camera phone and digicam, so this wouldn't be needed. Don't think I wouldn't miss the GBA port though.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just learned it's going to be region locked, unlike the phat/lite. Haha.

3. wes2les

wes2les Active Member

4. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

What i find sooooooo funny is that they Lock things, and then they get hacked.

Like the Ps1, its region locked, but if you "Chip" it or Do that Swap Disk Thing when the game is loading you can easly pass over the region lock and play it.

Same with the PS2, "Chip" it, Swap Magic it, Or use that Memory Card Thingy That Cracks the Lock Code.

So tell me this,

WHY THA HELL DO THEY KEEP LOCKING IT IF ITS GOING TO GET HACKED ?????!!!

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

This new DS is crap and it's region locked! F*ck to them! I'm going to use an emulator for the DSi games now! :p They'll lose even more money than they lost with the DS lite :D There will be more hacking! There will be more roms! And Nintendo will realise their mistake!!!

Muhahaha!

6. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

well i'll just keep my DS Lite... I dont want to waste any more money, and I dont know if my R4 is compatible with the new DS ;D

7. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

well here's my two cents
    i sort of like it, but seriously we have all those features already.

1) browser? no problem. ever heard of the PC?
    2) music? no problem. that's why Apple made IPods
    3) camera: please, that's just something i laugh at. They have it on phones already, plus there's something called 'the camera'

8. DJS5590

DJS5590 Member

It's not region locked. Only DSi specific games are region locked :p

And considering I don't own a Lite, this seems like a valid purchase for me... unless they killed off flashcards with it.... which doesn't matter, becasue the SD feature will probably be hacked in a day or two

9. monter

monter Guest

What there is going to be DSI specfic games :'( .

10. FantomRedux

FantomRedux Well-Known Member

Monter, its probly just stuff like DSWare etc...

The screens not gonna be higher res, just bigger.

11. anandjones

I didn't say it was going to have a higher resolution, read again. There probably would be an option to have it fit the whole "widescreen". cjdogger, already mentioned it. Yes there is a starter DSi special game to be released as soon as the DSi is released. It is fully region locked, for DSi games and "Ware" Not like it's going to be a problem for regular DS users. Also, when I say region locked, it's not literally "locked".

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's just unfair that games that should be on the DS are going to a new handheld that has no useful additions to the DS...

13. CJneeds6characters

CJneeds6characters Well-Known Member

If you don't want to buy it use an emulator, of course that won't be released for a awhile after the New ds is released.....

I'll probably get it because my old phat ds is starting to break (screen flashes when you move it lots, hinges mostly broken, lots of minor scratches and a huge scratch on the touchscreen) also I don't have any apple software.

.......I wonder what will be the next handeld thats gonna be released after the ds series is done?????

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Probably something like the Nintendo OS (Omni-Screen)

15. rush n kaos

i really have to LOL at this... although it does sound pretty interesting. wonder if they actually will do it though

16. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

that would actually be pretty cool monitering like 5 screens at a time, but it would be hard :p

anyways, dsi is a waste camera is gay

17. anandjones

That would not sell at all.

18. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll add any more screens: they'll make the two existing ones bigger and probably improve the graphics to compete with the PSP.

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The Nintendo Notebook? Like a lame notebook and a DS in one?

20. rush n kaos

very nice... they better not read this and spontaneously grab the idea otherwise they will [facepalm]
    themselves