1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New Ipod is S***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by realg187, Oct 12, 2007.

1. corpafk

corpafk Member

what I myself own and reccommend is the archos 605. its a great mp3/video player and it also has dvr functions along with a wifi web browser. try doing a search for it compared to the ipod its a better deal considering the 30 gb will only run you around $280 and the 160 gb one about $400. oh and you can use anything to transfer music to the archos since windows detects it as a mass storage device.

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ yeah i love things that connect as mass storage, my camera does it too and it makes everything so easy. The ipod can be used as mass storage but it cant play the files, As far as i remember i think there was a hack for it, though that was way back for the old ones.

3. DemonHeadx

DemonHeadx Well-Known Member

I have a zune, i have my problems with it. Also the reason why i got it when it came out was to show my friends that ipods suck :S

4. realg187

realg187 Well-Known Member

name something worse!

yes it would be true, ROckbox seems god, but still to buy a device made a a crappy computer company that sells overpriced crappy computers running locked up versions of Unix doesnt seem right, plus if they were loyal to me and deserved money they would allow Ipods to have ROckbox right off the shelf and not try to block it and WTF is with iTunes I should be able to put songs on from any computer and not jsut once, it's suppsosed to be portable media device!

Yes, my PSP and Samsungs all go as USB MS device and work on any computer, any OS, any file manager! No stupid software! (Although I can use Media Player and others to Sync, if I wanted to so it that way)

5. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

somebody who shares my sympathy against ipods - i bought a green nano... the worst media decision i've ever made, constant updates that require me to for some reasom re-authrorize all my bought music, constant connection cutouts no matter if i used firewire or usb, useless earphones, useless company who couldn't even supply you with a wall charger, the ipod nano scratches far too easily (and after a couple of centimeter drops onto a wooden table the edges became deadly sharp), and music with small skips that would just play with the slightest interuption on a £5 mp3 player had my nano totally flummoxed, refusing to play that song

the worst decision was to remove the simple "drag and drop" interface, forcing users to use the utterly pants itunes, and automatic updates that purge any hacks you've added onto it

so i traded it in for the nintendo ds lite i've currently fallen in love with

the fact that apple's new ipod nano does nothing to differentiate itse;f from it's bigger (and just as useless sibbling) just doesn't help, either you buy an ipod with a really tiny harddrive, or for £20 more you get one with a much bigger harddrive (nice going, apple)

i blame steve jobbies, he's the real american idiot

6. realg187

Well once i get Rockbox on I will never use iTunes again, I wont need to, actually since my sisters nano was older Media Monkey would still put songs on.

If I would update and old Ipod would it be like the new ones where Media Money dont work and Rockbox dont either?

I kinda got the idea of a modified firmware since PSP has Hacked Firmware

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Music Playlist Editor, the software supplied with my GP2000.

Not only does it have a garish orange interface, it is also only capable of uploading one file at a time :p

I'm working on getting a screenshot, I don't have that program any more as the GP2000 owners community I joined developed our own software which is way better, and S-Media seem to have gone bust :p

8. realg187

What's GP2000, does it have DRM, cuz DRM is the single most dumb thing ever

9. Loonylion

no it doesnt have DRM

10. realg187

Then I would say iTunes is worse.

11. Loonylion

not a chance, the lack of DRM is the only good thing about MPLE. It only lacks DRM cos the player is too old to support it anyway.

12. realg187

Well I guess I would use iTunes before that, nuy only cuz I have to...

13. FierceDeity

FierceDeity New Member

I have a 30gb iPod video. That model works fine with me. Don't really have any problems with it. 8)

14. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like my iPod too. Most of the time, anyway. :p

15. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

qtfairuse6 is a program that you can use to remove the stupid DRM that iTunes puts on their music, just google it.

Also my ipod works great but im thinking about getting a zen vision w, or a archos 605 with the wifi. i like the vision w more though because it supports .avi files

16. realg187

Is it illegal?

I hear apple came out w/ a new DRM free format and the meida companies bi***ed about it, I dont get why if they have DRM then ppl like me just goto P2P for free (but illegal) unprotected music, no one wants to pay for something locked up, if the DRM is gone more ppl will actually buy them, and they want to put DRM back?