1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New at anime! What to know?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Jonez001, Feb 25, 2010.

1. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Thats only if you goto /b/ or /d/ both of those disturb me, mainly /b/. /a/ has a bunch of good opinions on anime. Plus /w/ has tons of good wallpapers and is great if you feel like changing to something random. Lastly /v/, if your a casual stay away far far away, how ever if your hardcore, welcome.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

can you change 4chan in Romu then it counts for me!

3. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

When I said "medium," I meant "entertainment medium" (that expression exists, right?), but OK.

Totoro!

4. DB_Odin

DB_Odin Well-Known Member

4chan should be banned
    horrible site

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Don't be silly.

Things Suis Has Learned In His Brush With Weeabooism:
    - Don't be a fag about watching anime, it's no better or worse than any other hobby.
    - The culture portrayed in anime is nothing like Japan irl, so don't get all weeaboo on everyone.
    - A lot of anime is shit. Most of the crap is shoujo, but there's also a big percentage of terrible shounen like Naruto.
    - Naruto and Bleach fanboyism is the absolute worst affliction known thus far (like being a fan of Final Fantasy VII; lots of people are but it's still fucking terrible).
    - CLAMP does some cool work.
    - You cannot learn Japanese from anime. Don't even try. Really.
    - Have some variety.
    - Death Note is God Tier.
    - And somewhat importantly, female anime fans, while you do share a common interest, must be carefully screened for obsessive tendencies and enjoyment of fanfic (usually yaoi). If they like yaoi a bit too much, or if they're showing weeaboo tendencies like an unhealthy attraction to Pocky, get all the anime you can off her (this is also when you have the option of sleeping with her ONCE) and get the fuck out of there. Trust me man, you do NOT want to go there.

6. Napster

Napster Well-Known Member

You should know that you must watch Rurouni Kenshin. xD

7. Jonez001

Is there another word for it?

8. CrashmanX

For what?

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

To all the regulars in the Weeaboo board, PLEASE remember this one. If you want to call something really cute, you call it really cute. Not "totemo kawaii!~ (≧∇≦)/"

10. CrashmanX

Timotei~~~
    Nii-pah~

11. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

haha timotei~
    awesome

12. Jonez001

Anime. Or is that the only word for it?

13. CrashmanX

Thats the only word I know for it, if you've heard others I'd love to hear the ideas.

14. MessoMesso

"Japanimation" is a really old school term, though some people use it to refer to incredibly old anime.

15. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

yeah, that was the word used before the anime boom

16. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Here's a fun fact I recently learned in school.

Kawaii means cute.
    Kowai means scary. :p

17. MessoMesso

Also: If anyone is going to try saying Japanese words next to Japanese-speaking people please be extra careful in your pronunciation of the words "mango" and "red bean paste." Oh, and be careful if you're going to say "I'm colour-blind."