1. This forum is in read-only mode.

New anime section

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by athemoe, Jul 16, 2011.

1. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Sorry i'm not really mad that it's not up lol. I doubt dubbed anime will be on the list anyway, everyone seems to love subbed. I just get annoyed when i can barely find the dubbed version of a show i want to watch, and megavideo pretty much slaps me for even thinking of watching more then 20 minutes without paying

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Oh my. Is this for real?

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I wonder what's going to be RomU's new tag line....

"RomUlation it's over 9,000! Anime download site", perhaps?

Or how about, "RomUlation because we Kamehameha Harder"?

EDIT:

And I can't wait for how this will affect the technical help section...

"Help, I can't watch this episode!" Perhaps? Or... "Help! Media player doesn't have the necessary codecs to process this video error".

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We will be using subbed anime for streaming whenever possible. However, often times the download will include dual audio so that there is original language as well as an English dub.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I agree with Void here. Anime isn't my cup of tea, but I fully support any endeavors to breathe life back into the site. Needless to say, if the community makes too much of a shift towards the weaboo side of things, I'll probably stop being an active contributor.

6. Sarra93

Sarra93 New Member

anime is lame, we have enough weaboos as it is.

7. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

of course it is. With a shitty connection :3

8. Sarra93

Sarra93 New Member

even if i had the most amazing net ever, i wouldn't waste it on anime

9. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Your loss.

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Don't worry Sarra, I can't get into anime either. Popularized Americanized anime (ie: DBZ), sure. Japanese shit with subs and such though, no thanks.

I don't like to read my movies, and it isn't worth it to go out of my way to try to find dubs.

11. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Ah very cool

anime does not make a weeaboo, it's also still a stupid ass word

12. miniafroboy

miniafroboy Well-Known Member

I agree with whoever it was, anime isn't my funtime, but if it brings a new wave of hopefully decent people, then whatever

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Ugh, one of my major pet peeves about subbed anime & like you, I also don't want to read whatever I am watching. I'd rather watch a heavily localized dub with all the "lame" overacting or lack off than be a big dick complaining that the translation isn't 100% accurate &/or what was said was changed to tone down the Japanese culture references.

I remember the time when character names were replaced with "localized" names instead of keeping the Japanese names so it would be easier for the kids to relate with the characters, but no! :p Weeaboos & Wapanese folk want things to stay 100% Japanese :p

I am Asian but I've no idea how Japanese Tea ceremonies are like, or what the hell Sakura are :p I'd rather have Yuusuke (from Yuu Yuu Hakusho) retain his "Eugene" name from our local run of the show &/or Have the Magic Knight Rayearth characters retain their Lucy, Marina & Anymone names which sounds better than Hikari, Fuu & Ami with Fuu the worst sounding name of the three.

When Crayon Shinchan was aired here, it was also heavily localized & I liked it because the names the dubbers used on things like MRT (Metro Rail Transit) for the shinkansen & "Manila Zoo" for the zoo they went to were things I can actually relate to.

I'd be lying if a didn't say that I loved Anime, it's just this annoying uber geekdom Weeaboo & Wapanese-ness that destroyed anime's appeal for me.

14. 10tarik10

10tarik10 Well-Known Member

Awesome I totally approve

15. kingvxx

kingvxx Well-Known Member

its funny that i saw that I saw this thread right after i just finish downloading haruhi suzumiya

16. Void

Void Well-Known Member

You guys should add Death Note and Cowboy Bebop.

Although they had a variety of minor flaws induced by conforming to anime standards they were both pretty enjoyable shows. By the way, everyone excuse my bitterness about this anime shtick but I like to think my hatred towards these kiddytoons is somewhat justified: the distinctive differences between live-action television and japanese animation makes me want to vomit. I wouldn't watch Dexter or Fringe either if it was fucking ":3 komi-sannn! waaaa~" every three minutes.

17. athemoe

• Death Note
    • Evangelion
    • Full Metal Alchemist
    • Naruto

Those are quite popular.
    Elfenlied owns them all, though...

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they're all going to get added eventually.

19. athemoe

Have fun

20. evannick

evannick Well-Known Member

fringe <3
    anime <3
    cartoons <3
    of course the differences are huge
    they are made with different audiences in mind
    and i wouldn't call late night animes(those airing at 12am-3am) 'kiddytoons'
    imo only covers a small percentage of animes out there