1. This forum is in read-only mode.

*NEW* Anime/Manga currently watching/reading

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by kaiden, Jan 14, 2008.

1. mekusho

mekusho Well-Known Member

Never watched it before. Could you explain to me why it's so cool ?I like Devil may cry because Dante beats the crap oughta everyone.

2. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

well to make it short i'd say afro could beat the crap out of dante.

either that or their fight won't end cause both of them are pretty strong

3. mekusho

:p Is he that strong ?? Maybe I should check it out. At the moment I'm watching Eureka seven :
    <object codebase="http://go.divx.com/plugin/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab" height="480" width="640" classid="clsid:67DABFBF-D0AB-41fa-9C46-CC0F21721616"><param name="autoplay" value="false"><param name="src" value="http://video.stage6.com/1745532/.divx" /><param name="custommode" value="Stage6" /><param name="showpostplaybackad" value="false" /><embed type="video/divx" src="http://video.stage6.com/1745532/.divx" pluginspage="http://go.divx.com/plugin/download/" showpostplaybackad="false" custommode="Stage6" autoplay="false" height="480" width="640" /></object>

If this doesn't work then here's the link :

http://www.stage6.com/user/GekkoGo/video/1745532/Eureka-seven-01-%5Beng-sub%5D

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I just started watching Shakugan no Shana. Awesome series.

5. mekusho

What's it about?

6. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Maybe you'll understand why I use the thing ~de Arimasu that much 8)

7. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

It drove him crazy a couple of weeks ago

Edit: Shoot Me!

8. splotchy

splotchy New Member

Do try:
    (Manga)
    - Gintama
    - Eyeshield 21
    - Ares
    - Nabari no Ou
    - Hikaru no Go
    - Shadow Skill
    - Sket Dance
    - Houshin Engi

(Anime)
    - Kiba
    - Over Drive
    - Kyou Kara Maou

But I'm not sure what sort of genre you're looking for. This are just a few of my favourites that you might nt have tried.

//edit: added one mre anime to the list

9. mekusho

I'm checking out the Gintama anime at the moment, it really has a lot of anime parodies from naruto to eyeshield 21. It's a great anime, has a cool story and is fun watching.

10. martinnewton

martinnewton Active Member

i just logged on after a while, and have to reply to this :p

i just cant understand what you see in japanese voices, compared to your own NATIVE english, unless of course you are japanese. i just dont like reading words when i could be WATCHING + LISTENING, rather than just READING, im sorry, it just seems pointless that you would like something different to your own language?

11. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well people dislike english voice acting is because 3 words

lousy voice actor

anyway i just got the complete box set for Suzumiya Haruhi .....but the some of the episode is kindda out of place.....but then i dont feel like returning it because i dont know how long i need to wait for it again....

and i almost forget how cool Haruhi is...she just "kidnap" anyone she like and "rob" anything she wants or feel like it....XD

edit: I just finish it and i must say the ending is really beautiful, Kyon finally understand his role in Haruhi's life XD

12. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

I don't see anything in japanese voices - I hear. Obviously you choose not to listen to the audio while reading subtitles.
    I would think that you are not familiar with japanese culture hence your questioning.

Basically, Japan's culture has evolved over the years into an aesthetically pleasing package that the world can't get enough of. There's movies, manga, anime, video games, toys, cosplay, clothing and many more things that makes up Japan's culture that we all want.

Why do people bother with translating/scanlating manga and subbing anime? because people like the original work. The character stereotypes in anime/manga can be found in everyday japanese life and cannot be found in America. Which is why I HATE american dubs. I used to read newtype and watch the bonus content on dvds, but the interviews with american voice actors always had one thing in common - they've never heard of the anime, never watched it, and did no research into the roles they were selected for. They have no idea what the fuck they're doing and they produce awful performances that lose the impact of the characters and story and they don't care.

You know 4kids? They are notorious for licensing anime and dubbing everything, cutting out violent/gay/adult material. like in one piece, sanji loses his cigerette and gets a lollipop instead. weapons are replaced with toys. A blackface character was recoloured white. Lots of disgusting liberties that no fan should be subjected to.

Japanese music is also very popular but I have never heard of anyone that has preferred to listen to in english dub. I don't have to understand the words to know the music sounds good. Can you honestly remember all the lyrics of every english song you've listened to?

Worldwide, more and more people are studying Japanese language.

For the record, I'm Vietnamese but I primarily speak English because I live in Australia. Why is it pointless to like something different to my own language?

YOU SOUND LIKE AN IGNORANT RACIST HAHAHA >:D

If your reasoning made any sense at all, NO ONE WOULD IMPORT AND EXPORT because that would mean liking something from another country/language. Everyone would continue to isolate themselves until their future generations were all inbred monsters that could only end with the destruction of mankind.

-100 KARMA FOR YOU!

13. Exrael

Exrael Member

@-@; at previous post... Calm down, you appear way too obsessed.

Ha, sorry, I'm one to talk, since I was once a fire-and-brimstone "subbed" preachy elitist over at the 4Kids forums. But that kind of cooled off, you know? Sooner or later, the kids who are misled by the dubs are lame will come across the real thing on Google by themselves and everything will be fine. ^^;

Anyways, back to the original topic! I'm awaiting the arrival of my orders of The Walking Man and The Ice Wanderer by Jiro Taniguchi (both one-volume series), and I plan to order The Summit of the Gods by Taniguchi when it's released in the US. I can't wait!!!
    A new manga series I added to my weekly get list is Muddy, even though it's pretty bad. Fairy Tail is cute and a definite improvement for the artist, although the girls in there should stop getting monthly implants. XD

14. Tatakae

Tatakae Active Member

I'm mostly following the current on-going anime at the moment, the such as Gundam 00, Clannad, Kaiji, etc...

15. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

I am calm, the guy just needed an explanation and there it was.

Googled Jiro Taniguchi and his manga sounds interesting, I might read some of those sometime.

lol muddy eats dirt?

I just finished watching season 3 of Major - it was the best!

16. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a good, old fashion Anime? I don't like this new stuff that's shown on Cartoon Network and such.

17. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

What's the site for EYeshield 21, because I forgot the site I used, it had ALL of the known mangas, and it was in an index form, and I also ahve chapters 1-137 on my other computer, and I lost the site :'(

I also like Hikaru No Go....

18. imadori

imadori New Member

Anime : Gundam 00, shigofumi, true tears, bleach, hayate no gotoku
    Manga : alots

19. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

try films and OVA's made by manga and ADV made befor 2000 there is loads of good stuff.
    a must is
    cyber city oedo
    vampire hunter d
    guyver (old 12 episode one)

20. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

At the moment reading:
    Detective Conan
    Air Gear
    Golden Boy

Anime: whatever I can find on Animax