1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NEW Anime 2010 [UPDATED: Code Geass GAIDEN: Boukoku no Akito]

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Dream_CC, Dec 8, 2009.

1. otakulily

otakulily Well-Known Member

Re: NEW Anime 2010 [UPDATED: MORE SPRING ANIME EPISODES RELEASED, Angel Beats ep 2]

Good or bad, I tend not to drop any anime series with fewer than 50 episodes. It probably isn't a good idea to decide which anime to watch before it even airs, but I do it anyway. :s Surely, there are series you have seen that you didn't like very much. No matter how much I like or dislike, I don't decide whether an anime is worth watching until I've seen the whole thing. It's not unheard of for a mediocre series to have a good ending or a great anime to have a bad ending. My criticism towards anime is only built on what I have seen.

2. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Re: NEW Anime 2010 [UPDATED: MORE SPRING ANIME EPISODES RELEASED, Angel Beats ep 2]

There are only a few series that I dont like the main one being Code Geass. Why you may ask? Its seems to have everything I would want, Mecha, V for Vendetta and more. But guess what it also has? A fan base worse than that of Kingdom Hearts. They have ruined that show for me.

3. otakulily

Perhaps there is something to be said about that. I did not like Code Geass either, but that doesn't make the fans stupid for liking it. On the reverse side, a large fanbase is not enough of a reason to dislike the anime. I didn't mind TTGL or Haruhi or even Death Note. All of those have fairly large fanbases. Anyway, it's really the fans I dislike, not the anime. I have to admit that all of the mentioned series are extremely overrated, but that doesn't completely mean that they are not enjoyable. There should just be limits on how much of a fan you could possibly be.

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Oh no, its not the SIZE of the fan base thats the issue. Its how they act that is the issue.

5. otakulily

Even then, Haruhi fans are just as bad, if not even worse. They have the Hare Yukai which is a thousand times worse than that stupid Spinzaku Kick thing all the Geass fans are doing. Either way, both have a large number of fans screaming Haruhi/Geass is the best anime evaaaaar!!!1! And both also have just as many middle-aged men claiming that Haruhi/CC is their waifu.

6. Dream_CC

Dream_CC Well-Known Member

i always love Code Geass though, so entertaining :D ah spring animes aren't that bad, but currently only watching Arakawa Under the Bridge, Angel Beats!, and Kaicho wa Maid-sama!

7. Kaichi

Kaichi Well-Known Member

I fear I have to kill a kitten now. Black Rock Shooter is an original design who just happens to resemble Hatsune Miku by pure coincidence. Though my rage has been settled with the knowledge that dattebayo is subbing Hakuouki!

For future reference:
    From http://myanimelist.net/anime/7059/Black%E2%98%85Rock_Shooter

8. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

speaking of BRS
    when is the OVA coming out?

9. Kaichi

Kaichi Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but with all the new anime coming out I really need to catch up on anime. There's so many I haven't watched yet, and now there's a bunch of new ones to look out for.

10. Dream_CC

the BRS main character is really resembles Hatsune Miku XD ah anyway BIG NEWS FOR EVERYONE *SCREAMS*

Code Geass GAIDEN: Boukoku no Akito Project Revealed
    (see on the very below of the first post for details)

11. Kaichi

Kaichi Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed the corruption in some of the .mkv downloads? Tried watching Durarara, but the playback was really buggy.

12. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Which media player did you use?

It didn't happen to me though.

13. Kaichi

Kaichi Well-Known Member

I always use VLC for video playback. On a side note, I just finished watching Drrr!! ep 14. So far it's a great anime, looking forward to more. Started Angel Beats, finished ep1. Interesting anime so far, but I love the music and how the script makes it seem like they're in a game. Also Dattebayo has Hakuouki subbed up to ep 3, a great anime so far if you're into samurai anime set in the edo period.

14. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try using Media Player Classic.

I believe there are other team doing the subs for Hakuouki, no?

15. Dream_CC

try watch arakawa under the bridge, it's pretty fun to watch if you're into comedy

16. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

june 25th, long wait...^^

17. otakulily

Tatami Galaxy is so trippy. :eek:

18. Dream_CC

tatami galaxy? what is it about?

19. otakulily

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei. It's on the chart. The English name just sound catchier. lol. As far as I know, only one episode has been released. It's about this guy who asks the god of matchmaking to set him up with this girl. But the story just deviates so much that it makes little sense at first.

20. Dream_CC

is it good?