1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need MMO Recommendations.

Discussion in 'PC' started by Tboi, Jun 16, 2008.

1. krazyyaj

krazyyaj Well-Known Member

Re: best rpg action game (like guild wars, world of warcraft, champions of norath)

depends on you.

i personally like guild wars. thoe i won't say its the best.

you get a mmo that has decent server.
    world wide game.
    monthly special items.
    special celebrations i.e. holidays in real life turns into game holidays.
    lots of players.
    wouldn't say alot of skills thoe there are alot.
    character creation is eh... you can say its ok. not the best. but its alright.
    good graphics.
    you get a somewhat variety of character classes.
    pretty decent game considering its free online.

but only problem with guild wars. anet (arena net) is always trying to even out the game and make it challenging therefore they change skills and debuff or nerf skills and items occasionally which in ways create new challenges and in other ways, frustrates gamers.

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Re: best rpg action game (like guild wars, world of warcraft, champions of norath)

Me, a couple guildies and a few of the guys from She Left With Half My {GeAr} were talking about this last night in GvG, actually. I think the joke was "Izzy can't even balance his own life, let alone the skills in Guild Wars". Seriously though, whoever's changing the skills needs a good kick up the backside, especially the bastard who thought that a ranger with sustained DPS was a bad idea and the person who nerfed Aegis to this 3-second spike catch shit.

3. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

Fiesta and perfect world international are pretty good

4. eildus

eildus Active Member

Ragnarok online private servers is good. I can recommend servers if you want(if that is alright).

Another good one is Perfect World. Pretty nice game imo.

A new one coming out is Blade & Soul. It looks very intense and really unique. More like a combination of Ninja Gaiden and Prince of Persia.

Although, your computer might need to be a little strong to handle it.(2007 updated cards and processor might be fine actually).

5. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

Atlantica online

6. deanw

deanw Member

I was always a fan of Guild Wars but that is p2p. I played a couple of f2p including maple story and runescape. f2p games always suck though.

7. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

I'm trying the new 2D sidescrolling MMORPG WonderKing http://wonderking.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp - it's still in closed beta phase but you can play it if you get the codes on the next closed beta, which will come pretty soon. They said this one's better than Maple Story, we'll see though.

8. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

BF: Heroes

If yar okay with bugs :l

9. rick4ever

rick4ever Well-Known Member

I play splashfighters daily. It's like rumble fighter but way more fun

10. GideonB

GideonB Well-Known Member

Maplestory is the best for grinding, Guild Wars is the best overall, if your into that sort of thing. If not there's always combat arms. Which is failure in my opinion

11. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

I don't very like MMORPGS (too much grinding!), but my favourite was Shaiya, it's cool, free and has friendly community (I was playing on dark side, lighties are said to be less helpful). And Quake Live is awesome, better than Battlefield Heroes in my opinion. If you'll see guy named Rysio27 there, better start running ;)

12. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

13. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

Dragonica online. Forte is crazy about it.

14. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

It is ;D
    But there isn't much adult stuff here, you just get to see some boobs :p

15. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Did you just say boobs?
    NOW I'M INTERESTED!

16. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

OK seriously everyone, Perfect World has the best graphics I have ever seen on a COMPLETELY FREE mmorpg. Here's the download link:
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download
    What you do there is you dowload the downloader (takes 'bout 5 seconds) then you start up the downloader. It takes hours to download, but it's really worth it!
    At any point you can say "resume download later" and it closes and creates a shortcut on your desktop. Click it to resume the download from where you left off.
    Enjoy!