1. This forum is in read-only mode.

need help with deleting ringtones from motorola SLVR7

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by ultra, Apr 14, 2007.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

my sister wants to delete the original ringtones that was already included in the phone when she purchased it. i don't know anything about cell phones so i can't help. so i'm hoping you people can help me and her to figure this thing out on how to delete the original ringtones from the phone. also, does anyone know what is the maximum mini sd it can take [1gigabyte or 2 gigabyte]?

thanks in advance.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

This is only semi-related, but I don't think I can delete the standard ringtones from my Samsung D500, Motorola might have a similar thing.

3. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

Yeah Its In The Flash Memory So You Cant

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you mean in the ROM. Flash is erasable. In general you can't delete most (or any) of the standard ringtones, but it does depend on the phone

5. AMTF

AMTF Member

I used to have this phone. It can use a 512Mb card but I'm not too sure of the Maxumum.

6. Loonylion

Standard ringtones will not be stored on a removable memory card; they will be stored in the built-in memory. Try looking at the product specifications on the manufacturer's website to find the maximum supported memory card capacity.

7. ultra

ultra Guest

i got tech and it can be upgraded to 1gb. but i'm still unsure about erasing the built in ringtones [ringtones already given to you or built in to the system].

8. Seph

Don't think it's possible.

9. Loonylion

if you can use a removable memory card, it should be possible to store ringtones on there. I know my Nokia 6131 can use ringtones that are on the memory card.

10. Seph

That's not his question though... His question is how to remove factory defaults...

11. Loonylion

yes, and the only reason for doing that would be running out of space

12. Phreak Hacker

Phreak Hacker Well-Known Member

You can't delete the original ringtones. My dad owns a Motorola Razr V3 and the phone doesn't give the user permissions for deletion. The phone should normally specify whether the file can be deleted or not by displaying a small icon next to the file name; should show up in the form of a lock if it can't be deleted.

13. Standard ringtones cant be deleted cause it has that lock picture by it, which means it cant be deleted or modified.