1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need For SPeed Hot Pursuit Comments

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Ezio223, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Ezio223

Ezio223 Member

I don't really like this game 2 reasons 1 there is no crashing 2 not as good as the original does anybody agree

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

There's crashing, but that's only by the definition of NFS' crashes (to which it's almost the same as any NFS before it). By the way, your car can actually get wrecked.

Also I think it's up to par to the original, although it reminds me more of Burnout 2 than it does of Hot Pursuit, not that it's a bad thing. Imo, best NFS since the original.

The only thing I miss from the original is going a race, just a regular race, and then there's police eventually. They were there in 80% of the races in the original.

3. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty good, but I'm no good at racing games. Hot Pursuit gametype is fun.

4. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I heard that it has some unusual rubberbanding. I hope it doesn't, because rubber banding ruined Mario Kart

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I love how people laughed in my face when I said it was more of a Burnout game than an NFS game. You gain Nitrous when you drive in oncoming traffic, slipstream, or near misses. That, and the fact that they added cinematic crashes. Ahem, that screams Burnout. The only part that's Need for Speed is the usual addition of cops.

Yes, this is the main reason I hate the game already. They magically catch up to you, and then blaze past you when you're at top speed. Piece of shit Mustang should not be blazing past my WRX on a dirt road...

Also, I'm at this part where they do the tutorial for laying down spikes, but the delay in actually pressing the button to when they're deployed makes it extremely frustrating since I had the bastard in perfect position to hit the spikes when I press the button, but he's long gone by the time they're deployed. If you try to compensate by deploying earlier, the car just drives around them. What also pisses me off is that it takes at least 2 spike strips to take a car out of commission. Apparently cars have health bars, not four tires. That's usually acceptable in an RPG game, not a racing game. If you happen to nick one of the cars with a spike strip, they may pause for a bit, get their bearings straight, but you won't see any loss in performance, in fact, they drive faster because they're behind you.

I like GT5 better at the moment. At least I can focus the camera on my opposition during a replay and see just how fast they're going and I know for a fact they don't go 40-50 mph faster just because I'm 10 seconds ahead of them. If only Polyphony Digital took the time to factor in realistic collisions/damage...

6. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

nfs has been going down hill. the best one i play was carbon that was fun but now it just not fun anymore

7. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

nah carbon was ridden with rubber banding aswell. I actually played through the whole game without ever using nos just to prove a point: it makes no difference. when you use nos, they use nos. when they run out of nos, they zoom past anyway.