1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Need a little help please..

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by morts, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morts

morts Member

Hi guys I am new to this site, and to this type of gaming. So I need a little help to get me started.

My issue is...... I have just got and installed my new R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution card for my NDSL, it all works with the software they gave me, but when I try and put a game on it from yourselves it gives me script saying

"application halted"
    "please refer [/moonshl2/logbuf.txt]"

Sorry if that is a bit vague but as I say I am new to this. Any help you guys can offer will be very gratefully received by me and my little girl...lol

Thanks, Morts

Ahhhh sorry, just read some info from the admin, and beliieve I need to put up what firmware I am using.... Sorry guys.
    The firmware I am using is the original one from the company, its called. R4i English V1.12b . I have tried to update it, but it freezes and on the screen it says " MENU? " So I guess I have to stick with V1.12b....lol

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Supposedly, from what I've read you have the latest firmware.

Only thing I can think of is either:
    A) The rom you are trying to run is not compatible for some reason.
    B) You are putting the rom onto you TF card wrong(which probally isn't it because that is pretty easy)
    C) You are somehow booting the rom wrong on you R4
    D) The rom you are trying to boot needs to be patched

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

No, the problem is that you're trying to use moonshell to boot games. Moonshell is only a media player. When you turn on your DS, what options do you get? There should be one called games. Choose that and try to find the games you put on. If that doesn't work, tell me what you are doing exactly, step by step.

4. morts

morts Member

Ok that makes sence...... thanks for the help. I will say exactly what I did and see if I made a mistake.....lol
    1 I made a new folder in the root directory of the micro sd card called "games".
    2 I downloaded games from romulation and put the ***.nds file into new individual folders inside the games folder.
    3 put the card into the TF card and put into the NDS and boot up.
    4 the splash screen comes up and leaves me with the 3 options , I click on the yellow pacman face.
    5 I then click on the moon shell 2.nds icon
    6 go into the games folder
    7 select the game and double click on it.
    8 then it just freezes saying on the top screen " application halted please refer [moonshl2/logbuf.txt]"

Maybe I need to patch the games, I will try and find out how and have a go at it.. Again thanks for the advice.

When I click on the pacman icon on the main screen the only option is to use the moon shell icon. its the only one availible.... I have messed up ehh....lol . I am a little thick...lol

5. Fredbox

Yeah, the problem is you're using moonshell. Why are you doing that? At step 5, don't click on the moonshell icon. Instead, just go straight to the games folder and select whatever game you want to play. If this doesn't work then I'm not sure what the problem is.

6. morts

morts Member

I may need to change something in the root directory, as when I click on the pacman icon on the main boot screen the only icon for me to launch that is made availible is the moon shell. I will work on it. Thanks sooooooo much for the advice, now I can see some light at the end of this tunnel....... :D ;D :D

7. Fredbox

Maybe the folder is hidden. Try putting your microSD into your PC and right clicking on the games folder, choosing properties, and making sure it's not set to hidden (a check box at the bottom of the window). The same applies to any folders within that.
    Or it's possible that the firmware cannot see folders at all. If the above suggestion doesn't work then try putting all your nds files on the root of you card, not in any folders.

8. morts

morts Member

;D :( ;D
    Thank you sooooo much for your help Fredbox, its now working perfect. The issue.... it seams was that this firmware (v1.12b) can not see the games folder, to make it work I did like you said, I put the folder containing the game itself in the root directory, now it all works... I cant thank you enough. mind you now my daughter has taken off with the console so I guess I will be getting a new one....lol

Thanks to everyone here for your help.... And happy gaming...... 8) 8) : 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.