1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDSInfo moved!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kiekoes, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Then I'm missing something about this all...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

phpBB is a joke. It can be hacked in seconds.

3. yoshi2889

Yes that's true...

My friend was hacking my phpBB installation (he's good at hacking)...he told me and I immediately switched to SMF, which was the next thing I did when turning on my pc :p

Also vBulleting is expensive...last time I saw the prizes (300 dollar, if I'm correct) I thought "Who pays for this shit?".

4. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Who is honestly going to hack a forum with less then 10,000 members?
    Other than Yoshi's friend.....

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Whats all this BS about needing gimmicks to attract people? You know what attracts me to a support site? GOOD SUPPORT.
    You can keep the gimmicks, I like NDSinfo. I like the way each cart has its own page so theres no trawling through pages and pages looking for what you need.
    And give them a chance, its only been up 5 days or so, they are learning and will improve.

6. yoshi2889

(sorry, accidently broke the quote)

People who don't care about things?

Also it doesn't mind how many members it has...even if it has 10 members it can be hacked...

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

what the fuck are you talking about? the whole site is about the release scene. we just need to finish the homepage 'till we can go on with the release scene.

8. yoshi2889

Yes that is why I was so suprised...I also thought the site was about the release scene...

Kiekoes, if you mind, can you make CoolKill3r aware about what the site is about? I don't think he fully understands...

9. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

I meant hackers that genuinely disrupt the site. They usually don't target small forums. Where's the infamy in that?
    Use the next safest thing if you can't use SMF. I don't know which one it is, but it's not phpbb.

10. yoshi2889

Everyone can use SMF...

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Locking this since all you do is bicker about internal site issues. Please take it to your own site.

I understand why you're doing it, with RomUlation there's really only a certain level of authority that can be reached since the foundation of RomUlation is quite solid, new moderators are rare and power given is sparse. (for good reasons)

I'm not really sure what I think of this so far, it's definitely competing with RomUlation. Our ROMs are slowly being removed by powers larger than us, which means that right now all we have is a forum which can provide a community and help, exactly what you seem to want to do.

I'm not going to remove this yet, though, but if I feel that RomUlation is being used as an advertising platform for your competing site then I will be removing things. Also I can't help but notice that the founders are people who has volunteered to do work on RomUlation, while you are of course allowed to work on other sites I'd appreciate if you'd let me know if you ever feel working on both sites becomes conflicting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.