1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] XXXX - Devil Survivor 2 (USA) AP thread

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jonez001, Feb 25, 2012.

1. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

Hi Aeither, I downloaded the DS-Scene Rom Tool and tried to follow your instructions but I ran into a problem - under the "AP Patch" tab it only shows a "not supported". Under the "Export" tab, the option to "Apply AP Patch" is greyed out. Which is really odd, because the last few patches for AP Patch database says...

8DS-Scene Rom Tool AP Database Change Log

Version 1.7.9

+ Fixed 5983 - Devil Surviver 2 (U)

Version 1.7.8

+ Fixed XXXX - Devil Surviver 2 (U)

so I'm not sure why it isn't recognizing the two .nds files I have as patchable. Is it because they are already patched?

Edit: I'm guessing it doesn't recognize the .nds files I have as the correct files for some reason, even though I freshly extracted them from the .rar file after downloading. There is no box art, and it says "Not recognized" in one box. Below, there is no release number or game name. etc.

2. 7pathsofpain

7pathsofpain Member

is this ur first time patching a game with rom tool??

3. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

Yes ^^| Is there somewhere I can go for more detailed instructions?

4. 7pathsofpain

7pathsofpain Member

Sorry to break it to u, but there is none. :eek:

5. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

LOL! That's hilarious :p anyway did you manage to solve the bug you posted about - the auction macca bug? If you're facing some of the bugs I faced maybe you also managed to solve the bug on poison too?

Edit: After searching around a little more, posts around here seem to suggest that it has to be an unpatched file for me to apply a new patch. And I guess there's a possibility that a newer AP patch fixes the problems I am facing now. However, I am unable to obtain an unpatched copy of the XXXX version nor the Venom version. None of the mirrors work :/, keep getting "Wrong IP" or they ask me to register (I'm not dumb!)

I guess I'll have to wait until someone uploads the latest version or something somewhere?

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

@IamSooty

Try DeSmuME SVN r4189 depending on your PC hardware it might be better are slow

http://www.emucr.com/2012/02/desmume-svn-r4189.html

If slow disable sound, But this emulator is very good with the graphics and display.

No$gba died log ago as martian the maker vanished.

They are no issue on the real hardware DS with the AP fix, But most work clean now with the latest firmwares.

7. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

I'm going to take Jhon's advice and see if I encounter the same bugs. So far, one bug I faced on the no$zoomer is already not present on DeSmuME - the bug which causes the game to crash when I enable sound.

8. Jhon 591

no$zoomer can be tricky with your hardware stuff, I don't get a crash with sound on, unless you mean at a certain part of the game ?.

But i'm on windows XP SP3 .

9. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

It gives a horrible static sound, and shortly afterwards the emulator crashes - I can still play by turning off sound emulation completely (selecting None in the settings). But I don't face such problems with DeSmuME. I'm on Windows 7. Right now the only gripe I have with it is the limitation of the game speed. Did a few searches and it seems that the creator is against speeding games up significantly for some reason (I'm so used to just playing DS games at insane speed... really helps grinding and saving the amount of time it takes for me to complete a game). I'll have to see if I get a poison bug, but given this game speed... it'll probably take me a while to reach a fight where I can get poisoned.

10. Jhon 591

@IamSooty

Use your original save in the battry folder of no$gba , and copy and paste it into the battery folder of DeSmuME and see if works, save you some time.

PS: Backup original befour try.

With Windows 7 you may need to run the file with Admin rights enabled, That may help fix a few issues, but unsure.

As for horrible static sound - they is a noise suppresstion(B) in no$zoomer to use under Other (H) , with some but not all games click on it a few times to help fix sound.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

@IamSooty

I will upload a patched version of the game.
    Then you can play it!

12. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

Ah Aeither! There's no need to now! The new emulator works perfectly, I'm getting through without the poison bug affecting me anymore.

Edit: I did try to transfer the save but it doesn't work (at least, simply renaming it from .sav to .dsv doesn't work)

13. 7pathsofpain

7pathsofpain Member

the version i have was the RomU special. And yes, the auction macca bug was fixed, u have to change the first one(cant recall it) to opengl, in the 3d renderer option. I have never encountered the poison bug myself so i cannot help u there. Im guessing u call ask for the uploader to re-upload the files again?

14. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

It's okay now - it's working perfectly fine on DeSmume!

15. Jhon 591

I just thought on the save size is diffrent need to convert it back to 512kb using shunyweb - http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

R4 save should be fine to convert to.

Then rename with file extention enabled back to .dsv

16. kyogreblue

kyogreblue Well-Known Member

hey guys im usin no$zoomer to play this game and everythings working fine but my save files arnt working im using a clean rom is there some settings i have to use for it to actually save properly?
    Post Merge: [time]1333476947[/time]
    nvm i figured it out must have EX5 turned on when you are going to save

17. maziodyne

maziodyne New Member

I think I may have run into another AP. I'm on Day 5 in the event "Poisonous Day", and the game locks up after you finish your conversation with Yamato. The sound hangs and the screen is just black.

Running Wood R4 1.46, patched Devil Survivor 2 ROM (the XXXX one, downloading the Venom dump right now to see if it makes a difference). Haven't run into any problems prior to this one except for a sound glitch that happened when the micro SD card became loose for a bit; the game fixed itself after that though, so I just dismissed it as something minor. I tried multiple times with v1.43 (version where it first happened), and the game still locked up even after I upgraded to v1.46. Anybody else getting this?

edit: fixed. downloading the Venom release did it, and I was able to use my old save file.

18. Snowley

Snowley New Member

ok, be nice to me, I'm a total noob.
    So, obviously, I can't lauch the game. I use No$gba with bios and firmware and the rom crashes; I use eNDrypt Advanced, encrypt the nds file, and then I have "undefined opcode" error. What do I do wrong? Or how else can I emulate the game?

19. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Use DeSmuME. A better emulator, and it supports this game.

20. nopeople

nopeople New Member

I'm trying to use desmume because of all the problems no$gba is having with text, but getting to the first bit of text on desmume is even worse... the text is nigh impossible to read which i'm guessing would be a permanent thing instead of having parts with text missing on no$gba. I tried switching to opengl on desmume but that just made the emulator crash. Am i missing something here? how does everybody else seem to have the game running perfectly on desmume?