1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] XXXX - Devil Survivor 2 (USA) AP thread

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jonez001, Feb 25, 2012.

1. 7pathsofpain

7pathsofpain Member

Oh yes, i did mention that when u use opengl u have to turn off the Ex 0 in ur extra. Otherwise the screen would freeze up... U are using nozoomer right?

2. B3H3M0T

B3H3M0T Well-Known Member

ofcourse yes
    it was blinking once i tried it
    after that when i wanna try it freeze again

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

AP issue

Put it simplay The boss is visable, Story Hat and boss bets you no matter what like a loop issue of story, With AP fix the story continues and you don't have to beat the boss.

4. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

one question about the AP, does the scene that removes the first boss invulnerability happens or not? out of plain curiosity since i am already on my second run on a NGP+

5. Jhon 591

A save by the boss fight first day

Try with and without the AP fix to see diffrence.

http://uploadmirrors.com/download/NCC5EXSZ/_-_Shin_Megami_Tensei_Devil_Survivor_2__USA_.sav

Rename it to match your ROM name, with .sav normal are .nds.sav with the old WoodR4
    Post Merge: [time]1330880921[/time]
    Sorry no Idea.

6. Duncan Idaho

nvm, i have YSmenu installe jhon, and i am running the clean rom, i was asking out of curiostiy, since i dint ran onto the problem thanks to rgf

7. Jhon 591

invulnerability you meen invinsable ?.., the boss is not invinsable either way AP are no AP.

8. Duncan Idaho

for the first part it is, he has an ability called xxxxx proof (the x are to avoid spoilers) which means that not even the almigthy attacks affect him, i was wondering how the AP made him invincible, since in order to progress a certain scene needs to take place THEN he is vulnerable.

9. Elwinbu

Elwinbu Member

It helps alot, now I can play the game, hopefully. thanks alot!

10. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify (because some people don't seem to realize it...)

The AP for this game is an unwinnable Boss fight.

During the battle with Dubhe the main objective is to "escape" to the other side.
    Upon reaching the objective point an event occurs where Dubhe loses his invincibility and you are then able to beat it.

The AP is an omission of that event. Making Dubhe invincible and essentially makes the fight unwinnable.

11. Jhon 591

Lets get it a bit more clear, The AP fix makes the Van Scene Happen where the Van Crashes into Dubhe making it Beatable, No AP fix - No Van Crash Scene happens making the boss unbatable.

The save file i posted is the Boss fight, Try It with a non fix firmware and Clean ROM, Then try it with a fixed firmware are AP fixed ROM. ^^^^^^

Try With and Without the AP fix to see diffrence.

http://uploadmirrors.com/download/NCC5EXSZ/_-_Shin_Megami_Tensei_Devil_Survivor_2__USA_.sav

12. tarik155

tarik155 Member

hi for those whom are playing it with no$zoomer about my previous question (the time ap) i solved it indeed its just with the extras but not all just extra 4,it makes the time appear and makes the "day" disappear but the day isn't that important thus this is pretty good i think

13. Duncan Idaho

It is important on new game plus for the bonus bosses.

14. Guiom

Guiom New Member

Which M3 DS real firmware or YSmenu or whathever is necessary to play this jewel?

15. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

Hi everyone, I'm facing this exact same problem on no$zoomer. I'm not using the ROM posted on this site, but rather obtained from a torrent in piratebay, so I'm downloading the other one to try. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Also, I'm also facing the bug where macca bids of competitors aren't shown, no matter which EX I turn on or off.

16. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Get the patched rom from this site.
    Post Merge: [time]1331624661[/time]
    So this: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/DKVQHTK0/

17. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

The two files are exactly the same apparently. I downloaded the patch rom here, renamed it to replace the older ROM, and I was able to load my older save. Both files are also 128mb.

And yes it still has the same bugs (the poison and macca bug, and also previously unmentioned, a sound bug which I have to turn off the sound in order for my no$zoomer to not crash).

For reference, this is where i got it: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7064001/[NDS]_Shin_Megami_Tensei_-_Devil_Survivor_2_(US)(CRACKED)

Edit: Or should i really try to play the game until somewhere where I can get poisoned again with the new file? It's about 30-45 minutes in, so I'm not sure if I want to risk wasting my time getting stuck on a second save. Hope you guys understand =(

18. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

That's 'cause they're meant to be the same (in size).
    Try the Venom dump. Might work better...

19. IamSooty

IamSooty Member

Thanks for the reply Aeither.

I am kinda new to this forum so I don't quite get many of the things that are being done around here, so pardon me if it seems like I'm very difficult to get through to. Could I ask what you mean by that 'they're meant to be the same'? Is there good possibility, given that I was able to load my old save using the .nds file I downloaded by following the link you provided in your last post and play to where I encountered the same gamebreaking poison bug, that I could still replay the game from the start using the new ROM and not encounter the bug? Or is it much more likely that the two files will have similar bugs?

Also, I tried to look for a Venom Dump, and I found this thread (http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=58640.0) where you posted yourself. Currently I am unsuccessful in obtaining the Venom version, but i will try again at a later time. I however do not understand whether I need extra steps in order to be able to play it if I do manage to download it. The user replying to your question said "RGF rom tool patcher will patch both non scene and scene roms.", but I'm not sure what this implies and what it means I have to do.

Also, in this thread, I see a lot of code being posted (i.e. WoodR4 or something) which I don't understand how to utilize. Is there a chance that it is what I need in order to get past the poison bug?

Thanks again!

20. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ok.

Your're going to need a few files which I'll give download links below.

1. Download a Devil Survivor game (you have the XXXX version so no need to download again).
    2. Download the DS-Scene Rom Tool. This is the latest one with the latest files except the Cheats Database.
    3. Open the Devil Survivor 2 .nds file using the program.
    4. Click on the tab 'Export' and make sure 'Apply AP Patch' is checked. Then click on 'Export' and choose the place to save the patched rom.
    5. Play it using an emulator or flashcard.
    Post Merge: [time]1331710672[/time]
    The two dumps (the XXXX one and the Venom one) are the same.
    They are simply dumped by two teams.

The code itself is the same (within reason) so a save file from one will work on the other.