1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS shooters for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mishy, Nov 21, 2008.

1. t0mmyTC

t0mmyTC Active Member

umm u should try Brothers In arms but i dont like it

2. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Just download all the shooters and try playing them. You will see which one you like the most

-Brothers in Arms DS
    - Call of Duty 4
    - Call of Duty: World at War
    - Metroid Prime: Hunters
    - Chicken Hunter *ROFL8

3. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

?Chicken Hunter? That just sounds weird. ??? But definitely since I'm now home I can download the games with a faster connection.

4. t0mmyTC

t0mmyTC Active Member

none

i hate shooters for ds

5. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I already downloaded Metroid: Prime Hunters

and I started playing Gears of War 2 with my boyfriend.

6. t0mmyTC

t0mmyTC Active Member

what do you mean

GOW2 is not on ds...

7. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I know GOW2 is not on NDS. I wanted to start on a much easier shooter than GOW2...my boyfriend wants me to learn to play, and since I've always been curious anyway, I wanted to easy so I asked for something on the NDS considering some of the games made are kind of easy.

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I think that GeOW2 is a easily accessible shooter, moreso geared on the campaign mode, each player can set their own difficulty. I chose easy and by hubby chose the harder one. It's probably more accessible than any shooter on the DS since the touch screen controls don't get in the way.

9. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

True. I'll take your word for it. It's been hard to practice lately simply because my son keeps me so busy. And having to clean constantly gets in the way as well.

10. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

Metroid Prime Hunters is easy and fun to play.But when you enter wi-fi.There are loads of irritating AR codes user/hackers

11. wolfshark

wolfshark Active Member

if you want to practice you can play rainbow six vegas 1&2 it is a fairly hard game but it has easy simple controls.. and its not too fast paced and you can put it on easy till you are ready for normal or hard.. since you have a 360 i would also recommend F.E.A.R. that game was simply awesome..

i personally like playing fps on my computer since it adds more features most online play is free and it is easier to pull off headshots..

counter strike is a good all round learner.. in fact it has almost been out for 10 years and i still play it.. but there are plenty of versions..

older fps on the pc is good too.. duke nukem, quake, unreal, half life..

over all it doesn't really matter what you start with what you have to do is make it fun even when you suck and eventually if you play enough FPS you will get really good..

12. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

You know, I actually for about Duke Nukem for a minute there...That's for reminding me.

13. wolfshark

wolfshark Active Member

yeah duke nukem is the man

14. Skambu

Skambu Well-Known Member

Terrible framerate? Well I wouldn't expect you to be a graphics whore, because you have a Counterstrike Avatar.

Also, Metroid Prime: Hunters and COD: WaW are both absolutely incredible and they both have online.
    Can't go wrong, really.

15. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Yes, grafik isnt very interesting for me! Sometimes I turn on my second PC with a 4MB Onboard Grafikcard and play some stoneage-games (which dindnt work with vista and DosBox)
    Dont know what you think, but i cant train my skills when i want to aim somebody and have a framerate under 15fps on some maps! But Metroid rules.

16. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I got it on my M3 Real, and have to take a crack at it. I'll probably do so tonight after a run on Luminous Arc 1.

17. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Oh you have an M3 Mishy? Well if you said that your gonna play Luminous Arc 1, its pretty good but the second didnt interest me as much as the first did. But once CORE comes out (Grrrr) then i guess that would be a great Shooter to play on the DS as well as Moon

18. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

CORE and Moon look just like Metroid in my opinion. Call of Duty wifi is super fun.

19. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I took a crack at Metroid, and I have to say, I suck at shooters...But it does take time to get used to playing shooters.