1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS section possible solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gamerace19, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DestinyZX

DestinyZX Well-Known Member

I download roms for a variety of reasons and one of them being is that in case the cartridge of the game I own is corrupted or something. I still own the original DS cartridges of some games which gives me a legal right to have the ROM.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It gives you the legal right to make a rom from your original cartridge, not to download one.

3. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

And the people who employ the programmers that work hard to provide these games to you must be brain dead.

It says backup copies aren't allowed in the back of the manuals for the games.

4. Loonylion

It would, but if that was tested in a court of law it would likely be overriden. (inaliable right to make a backup copy for your own use in most countries).

5. legodude

legodude New Member

Or you can go to another site you know Romulation's affiliates

6. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Would anything change if you had a history of distributing other games?

7. Loonylion

only if they could prove you were distributing it

8. Landon1

Landon1 Well-Known Member

man this is the reason i bought phantom hourglass for like $20 Canadian, i tried the game from a ROM, thought it was good and bought it. I dun want to have to pay for a game that sucks after i try it.

9. Jaredmf1012

Jaredmf1012 New Member

To be fair, most game stores let you try a game for a week, and if you don't like it bring it back for a fulll refund... at least in the US they do.

10. Loonylion

in the UK once its opened you cant get a refund. Same for most of europe.

11. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Same goes for most stores in Singapore

12. deliverance6

deliverance6 New Member

just wanted to say, Game in the Uk opperates a policy whereby if you buy a game, and hate it, you have 10 days to return it for another game, no refunds though, but they will swap it for somthing else of equal or less price.
    and ive gotta ask, since we've got a section here with "Banned DS roms" with megaupload links, can we not just havea section with all new NDS roms on megaupload? then its their problem and not romulations

and in all fairness to the "microsoft charges £20 for win 3.1" i dont know a single person who doesnt use cracked windows. hell my entire college uses cracked software. not even educational establishments bother to buy windows these days

13. Dannysikth

Dannysikth Well-Known Member

that's not true. Gamestation might still do that but if you break the seal of a game from GAME you need a more valid reason than ' I don't like it' or they won't take it back. Not even for store credit.

Not one person doesn't use cracked windows?! They should either stop throwing rocks in the house or stop lying. Windows is loaded to at least 50% of PC's sold. So why would they need to crack it?

And which college do you go to?! Why in hell would they use stolen software when they get paid to educate. Businesses using pirate software and making money from it will incur much higher penalties than one person using the same software in the privacy of their home.

14. Wow! this is really something! all the games in the DS section are not downloadable! This angers me greatly. What happened to Romulation?! so long romulation, you,ve lost me and whatever business I was giving you (lol) I'm deleting my account soon. Thanks for the past! But screw you for the future lol.

15. Reider

Reider Modereider

You can't delete your account dumbass. I will however, do something for you that's much more effective in making sure you don't come back.

To everyone else who's planning on leaving over this, just go the fuck away. We don't care if you leave. Especially you dumbasses who decide you're important enough to make goodbye threads or posts laced with insults towards the site even though you've contributed absolutely nothing in return. You people piss me off and I hope you all die in a fucking fire.

16. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Seriously, Romulation has provided a service to you guys for the longest time, most of you show no thanks, but once things go sour for the creator of the site then all of a sudden Romulation is a piece of shit. Learn some respect you dumb shits.

17. newyears1978

newyears1978 Member

It's a shame :( Funny thing is I always buy games that are good, worth the purchase. For my PS3, Xbox360, NDS and PC. I use sites like this to literally test a game I am unsure of. I know lots of people claim to do this but I actually do. For instance I always purchase Bioware games, I recently bought ME2, Dragon Age, without worrying about testing them. But another game I was interested in, Alpha Protocol..I was unsure about..downloaded it and hated it. Therefore glad I didn't play my hard earned money on it.

So anyways..when companies do this stuff..it actually costs them money..at least from me. I'm sure it's probably necessary....but also pointless..as there are too many means to get roms or whatever anyways..they just make people angry..and want to do it more..by shutting sites down..

18. Loonylion

Its not often I agree with littlekill but I do here. It's not like seph wanted this to happen. RomUlation is his passion, he had to make a choice between removing the NDS roms on RomUlation, or having a criminal record and being unemployable for the rest of his life. He made the right decision and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. Non-compliance with the ESA WILL result in court, and it WILL result in conviction. Honourable intentions are no defense in court. Besides, non-compliance would be self-defeating, because our intentions are honourable, when the companies (well the ESA on behalf of the companies) emailed us and said they believed we were hurting their profitability, we said 'sorry' and removed the roms. It is not our intention to allow people to get games for free, only to test games to see if they are worth buying, as we have repeatedly stated, so it is essentially the people who abused our service by never buying games that caused this.

to sum up, as reider and littlekill said, Until YOU have run a romsite this size, and been through what seph is going through, you have ZERO right to criticise him.

19. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Wow Littlekill, never thought you'll say something like that. I'm proud.
    And yeah, some members here are real dumbassess, they stuck with RomU when it still had ROMS, then left it and spat in its eye (Ohh...baby...) when it lost the ROMS.
    You traitorous swines

Hey, at least we still have the forums.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

And the majority of RomUlation's "Loyal" members often become so not because of the ROMs, but because of its forum community.

These people posting negative remarks are often only people who ever come to the main site to download & now that the downloads are gone they march on in & whine & say negative things about the site even though they might have downloaded a lot of stuff here over the years, that's gratitude for you.

EDIT:

Also, if you ARE familiar with the forums you know there is another solution within the forums... right? *wink* *wink*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.