1. This forum is in read-only mode.

NDS section possible solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gamerace19, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

piracy actually helps sell consoles, i agree with crv, the latest roms shouldn't be available but the older games should. nintendo might leave us alone if their latest games are selling well and the whole world isn't pirating them, they dont really care about older games because most of these will sell second hand anyway making nintendo $0

2. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Indeed.
    No ROMS = Way less console buyers

3. cookieninja100

cookieninja100 Active Member

20 bucks 3 months later we are green on nds roms :3(btw not really about the cash for yall smart-asses out there)

4. Dannysikth

Dannysikth Well-Known Member

Can anybody find me one rom on this website which has been downloaded that many times...
    You won't, nor will you find one specific rom that has been downloaded only 10% (500,000 times) of that.
    Pokemon Soul Silver comes close with 326297 and was taken down quite quickly anyway.

They probably make more money than they thought possible manufacturing DS's due to flashcarts and piracy.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Yep, exactly. I wasn't able to post much due to Bunjalloo having a rather strict text limit for the most part.

5 million RomU users. 128.89 million units sold as of the end of March. Piracy, even if it doesn't help, it doesn't hurt at all. If we factor out all of the dead RomU accounts that haven't been sifted out yet by the database, that number of users has probably dropped by a few thousand. With all of these people who own DS consoles, very few of them are actually aware of flash cart emulation. I personally wasn't aware until just last year after having had a DS since they launched in '04.

Basically, we have this tiny fraction of RomU users, many of which may not even be here for NDS downloads, against well over 100,000,000 DS units sold. As said too, piracy helps. I know that if games continuously broke on my emulator, I would certainly be willing to go out and spend $100 or so on a DS unit with about another $20 on a flash cart. Look at that, Nintendo just made $100 because of piracy when that person originally had no intentions of buying a DS.

Although it isn't a wonderful scenario, I'm sure it has happened. Many also use sites such as this to see if they should bother wasting their money on the game. Might as well know your $30 is going somewhere useful and not just the production of more shovelware.

For all of you who say piracy hurts Nintendo, I want the numbers showing that Nintendo is suffering a significant enough loss to warrant such actions on websites. You'll have a hard time finding those numbers though since they don't exist.

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

There's a home page element titled "RomUlation's most downloaded ROMs". Pokemon Platinum tops the list currently with 453,275 downloads.

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That still isn't 500k though. ;) That number will also never increase, so his point still remains, even if it is a bit weakened now.

8. greenfire

greenfire Well-Known Member

yep piracy doesn't hurt Nintendo it could've helped somehow but i talkin about companies that make products for DS and dont get any share of the income from the DS handhelds sold. (i could be wrong correct me much appreciated.....) (who knows nintendo might've thanked RomU a bit for the DS Handhelds sold)

9. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

ive been saying this all along piracy(in a small way) can help nintendo by selling consoles.
    if no roms are available for the 3ds than they will suffer. thats my view anyway, ive been around emulation since 1997 and people dont want to waste money.

10. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

"Girl All the Bad Guys Want" by Bowling for Soup

EDIT:Somehow I managed to post this here instead of the "What are you listening to right now" thread : /
    Great song though :D

11. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Remember that the mission of RomUlation can be summarized as "try before you buy." Paying nothing for games is not what RomUlation is here for.

12. greenfire

greenfire Well-Known Member

true, in a previous thread i posted that i bought Pokemon SS when it came out. instead of downloading it i looked at the comments and purchased it. Saying i wont purchase the games because i dont got money is pretty reasonable but will never justify us pirating games. And to people who say "well its RomU's fault for putting up such roms "we could try out" when we could easily keep it" is just showing that you have no self-control and obviously you dont give a damn about the hard work of others to bring you excellent games. (i am no ESA sympathizer as i cleared that out already) (this is not to offend anyone it is purely out of my opinion) (RomU will probably come back showing as the fact that it is still here.) (correct me as i obviously may be wrong about any of this)

13. gamerace19

gamerace19 Well-Known Member

wow the discussion turned out larger than i thought lol, just went and picked up star ocean:til the end of time for my ps2 from gamestop ( which is why I havent been on for a day or two)

14. Dannysikth

Have you played Persona 4 on PS2? That is a good rpg, if a little different. It takes about an hour to get through the beginning though, mostly due to actual voices and not just text.

Oooooh, so close but yet so far....
    Nice one in finding a higher numbered rom though 8)

15. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Persona 4 is awesome, i also love P3. I've beaten both games like 4 times >.>

16. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

/!\WARNING/!\ I AM IN A BAD MOOD /!\WARNING/!\LULZ ASSURED/!\WARNING/!\
    Okay, I can see if they are STILL SELLING DRAGON QUEST IX on the store shelves TWO YEARS after RELEASE for THE SAME DANG PRICE but come-on! It is like the Copyright Law! 70+ Years after death. YEARS!! YEARS I TELL YOU!! Why 7 Decades after somebody dies!? Why sew people for downloading games THAT NOBODY CAN BUY ANYMORE!? Do you see any SUPER MARIO 64 DS GAMES being sold at your local Wal*Mart? If you do then please let me know because I have this little profit thing going on on e-bay right now...er never-mind that! The bottom line is that Nintendo is being too property grabby, Microsoft charges less money for their GOOD GAMES and the 3DS(p.o.s.) is going to cost WAY MORE than A NEW SLIM XBOX 360+KNEX AND TWO GAMES! (250.00USD!!) Geez...250 for the system? I wonder if the 3DS games are going to cost people $50-$60 a POP!?!

Screw this, I will continue to pirate DS Games if not from here, then elsewere...and when they stop making games for the NORMAL DS LINEUP (Not the 3DS, the DS) then I will stay in the RETRO ZONE. DS and before. Besides, all the retro games I can download for FREE and Nintendo doesn't care about people getting OLD GAMES THAT ARE FOR SYSTEMS THAT NINTENDO THEMSELVES DOESN'T EVEN REPAIR ANYMORE!!

My points has been made, I am tired, it is late, and I am going to path my Chocobo Mystery Dungeon Plus Game with the New English Patch I downloaded from GBATEMP and enjoy it knowing that tomorrow that if I so much as quote a single movie or video game reference in public I could face copyright violation (with fines up to fifty-thousand dollars and five or more years in jail.)

~~God bless this world...it is going to need it.

17. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

This I could possibly agree with :)

18. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

Damn APs.

19. Dannysikth

Here is a link for you to see how much Mario 64 is STILL being sold at in the UK http://www.game.co.uk/Dsi-and-DS-Lite/Platform/_/N-1z13mmxZ1z13ft6/ It is the biggest games shop in uk and are as money grabbing (if not more) than Nintendo. I'm sure anyone who has been into GAME will attest to that.

If you need more proof then this is today's dollar to pound exchange rate £1 = US $ 1.4875 and consoles, games and accessories are usually sold at a 1:1 (dollar:pound) ratio which means a game which is $50 in USA is £50 in uk (although 360 games are now £40 average) that system does still stand. At that exchange rate for a $50 game I should be paying £33.61. Instead they want me to pay £50 which is $74.38.
    If you do the math then you'll notice there is a $24 gain just by selling the game in another country.

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft still charges £20 for a legal copy of windows 3.1, which was released sometime in the mid-late 80s. They also charge you £200 per support call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.