1. This forum is in read-only mode.

nds roms

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by nanny, Oct 12, 2012.

1. nanny

nanny New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new, and I'm old too so please bear with me. I wanted to know if the nds roms can be used with any of the ds games consoles.

2. audit_08

audit_08 Well-Known Member

It can be use with any of the DS consoles (whether DS Phat, Lite, DSi or DsiXL) as long as you have a flashcart and a microsd card. You can play DS roms with 3DS but as long as you don't update to the latest system update which block almost all of the flashcart at the moment.

3. miracleninja

miracleninja Member

Yes basically you can , they are less risky to the prior models before the 3ds (Ds phat,lite,dsi,dsixl) ,but to use the ROM's you would require and flashcart ,flashcart USB and a micro SD card to store all your wanted ROM's.You can play the ROM's on a 3ds but it is risky because it pretty much disables your ability to update because Nintendo has been rumoured to be able to brick a 3ds console if a flashcart is used in the next update you install. But with all other ds models its perfectly safe.
    If you need help with how to extract the games and/or put them on a flashcart I can be of assistance , if you need that is
    Also since you sound new to the world of ROM's if you haven't already gotten a flashcart I would suggest a r4i-3ds or a Acecard2i,
    but it depends on your preferences check out their websites if as mentioned you haven't already acquired a flashcart.
    Contact me if you need help :3

4. YavuzKirmar97

YavuzKirmar97 New Member

You only have to download the ROMs and then put it in the SD Card! :D
    The SD card like R4 must be in your computer! :) ;)